(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

New update isn't out yet...And you can blame Chris and 1.06 patch for Persistent LoS permanently enabled (at least until we find way around this issue... which I is going to be tricky).

@muratira

Yeah you missed something that is needed to unlock teir -3,it's not your fault however we noticed that restriction we put in the mod for those new weapon are not really friendly (this is again addressed in upcoming update.

Did you researched :

Warhawk II:Vortex,Warhawk and DuelWarhawk (that's same research project) and Omega(alien). :)

Peace Keeper:Vortex Tech,Plasma weaponry,Warhawk II

It' is not a walk int the park like vanilla is ;).

Thank you so much for your post, We'r pretty glad that you enjoy the action based ground combat.

Im completly agree about your point of vanilla game, its a lighter and WONDERFUL game. This mod is quiet different but maybe only for a hardcore gameplay. ;)

Well, it takes it way too far. As soon as cruisers started appearing the aliens became virtually immune to both ballistic and laser weaponry. Grenades and rockets would barely do any damage and I had to resort to just airstriking them because the missions were pretty much impossible. Then a battleship arrived and started a terror mission I scrambled my team out of my shrike into cover in such a fashion as to avoid grenades. Did the aliens care?NO, they threw grenades at every single soldier I had and panicked/mind controlled the rest. My reaction, simple, exited the game. Losing right after turn one when troops are far apart and in cover is just stupid.

And thats the reason we open this forum, to listen to you players. You miss something there are 3 weapons that you need at that point the Tactical Dread Laser Cannon and RPG Sulfur, they are intended to SUPPORT plasma weaponry why?

Dread cannon bring to the combat accurate high damage at long range, and the RPG Sulfur is the cover destructor. The plasmas are powerfull weapons. In other hand you need to build your first Predator Armor, in Tier3 they are the front liners.

Thank you for your suggestion, try go to "items.xml" and make "Unlimited" some of this two weapons Sulfur and Dread Cannon, test the game with a pair of this weapons and you tell me.

:)

Yeah, I missed the omega alien. Are omega aliens leaders or above?

No they are just rare.Sometimes you can encounter them in Scouts very early in game and in that case you should retreat asap.If you are lucky,you won't have to deal with them until later in game when you are ready.

Well, that's very odd then. I have the light and heavy vortex projectors researched as well as the tech for Warhawk and the only things left are the buzzard and the rocket turret for the hunter as I personally never use the hunter, too fragile.

Nope ... TD is wrong.Path that we posted above is in new Build (so we spoiled surprise ...) that isn't out yet.However in the current build you play it is like this:

Warhawk II: (Researches.VortexTech(AND)Researches.AdvancedHP(AND)Researches.AdvancedSniperLaser)

That means that you have to research Vortex Tech,Warhawk and Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1

Peace Keeper: (Researches.VortexTech(AND)Researches.PlasmaWeaponry(AND)Researches.UpgradeHP)

Vortex+Plasma Weapons + Warhawk II

Edited by Sentelin

Nope ... TD is wrong.Patch that we posted above is in new Build (so we spoiled surprise ...) that isn't out yet.However in the current build you play it is like this:

Warhawk II: (Researches.VortexTech(AND)Researches.AdvancedHP(AND)Researches.AdvancedSniperLaser)

That means that you have to research Vortex Tech,Warhawk and Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1

Peace Keeper: (Researches.VortexTech(AND)Researches.PlasmaWeaponry(AND)Researches.UpgradeHP)

Vortex+Plasma Weapons + Warhawk II

Your right sentelin :)

TD just hates Persistent LoS so I will assume that's why he didn't answer :P (Kidding about the part where he didn't answered to your question,he is busy right now but I was serious when I wrote that he hates this system).

PersistentLOS is named somewhat misleadingly, because it actually disables the persistent LOS that the game uses by default. The only things visible is what units currently have in their vision cone - so turning a unit means the area they are no longer looking at falls back under the fog-of-war. The same should happen if a unit is killed or a door is closed etc. -By Chris

Edited by Sentelin

I know it says use a clean install of Xenonauts, but is this at all compatible with mods that change the loadout screen appearence of the vanilla armour?

Specifically, I'm talking about Jsleezy's Real Armors and Real Fighters, which alter the loadout screen appearence of the vanilla armour and add a load of portraits, respectively.

.Jsleezy's Real Armors,we have included one of those re-skins in our mod so you would have to exclude picture of Jackal Armor if you are going to apply this mod.Real Fighters apply and overwrite only soldiermale.xml and soldiersfemale.xml and copy/paste all screens.However don't apply anything else from Real Fighters,

Edited by Sentelin

How is the ETA of v5.2? Because if its coming today I will wait to begin my new game... :)

The version 5.2 brings huge changes to game mechanics, we'r making some test and waiting for little adjustments and running some testings to bring a polished version.

I believe that its not possible that we bring the build today.

The ETA for this version is tomorrow, but Theon was making some adjustments to air combat.

:)

Greetings! Thank you for working on such an extensive mod! Question: What's up with Bravery? (I'll elaborate)

Creating a new game in Vanilla I had several troops at 60-70 Bravery from the start, and recruits were either right below 50 or above it.

I generally dislike the current Bravery/Psionics implementation but didn't bother to modify vanilla files to address it yet.

With your mod, whenever I create a new game most troops hang at 30~ Bravery, with some as low as 20... is this intentional? How will this work later on since bravery is so hard to gain and tied to Psionics?

I don't want to invest in a save game only to find out it's unplayable late-game.

TLDR

Q: Did you do something to Bravery to keep it's average so low among new recruits, and how does that affect the late-game?

Hello and thanks for posting!

We'r glad that you like this expansion pack. About bravery I will complement some information foe you.

- In vanilla developers remove the system "Morale in numbers", in this mod this feature are implemented and even improved.

- In this mod the bravery progression is doubled

- In XNT some armors give moral boost.

- The psypower of aliens are limited but still powerfull enough to lose 1 or 2 soldiers in a mission against powerfull alien leader.

- We prefer to keep the Privates with low bravery to recreate his bad skill dealing with a new enemy.

I recomend you wait a pair of days for V5.2 Release.

If you have made some test let us know you suggestions and comments.

Keep playing and enjoy it!

Hello and thanks for posting!

We'r glad that you like this expansion pack. About bravery I will complement some information foe you.

- In vanilla developers remove the system "Morale in numbers", in this mod this feature are implemented and even improved.

- In this mod the bravery progression is doubled

- In XNT some armors give moral boost.

- The psypower of aliens are limited but still powerfull enough to lose 1 or 2 soldiers in a mission against powerfull alien leader.

- We prefer to keep the Privates with low bravery to recreate his bad skill dealing with a new enemy.

I recomend you wait a pair of days for V5.2 Release.

If you have made some test let us know you suggestions and comments.

Keep playing and enjoy it!

Sounds good! Thank you for the answer. I'll definitely wait for v5.2!

I hope you can add something like "Improved Morale System" to the feature list - many people are looking for this feature compared to vanilla and prioritize bravery when recruiting. They would love to hear that your mod addresses these issues and expands the system.

Keep up the good work!

"Improved Morale System"

We already tried to tweak this in past without ..hmm how do I put it,it didn't live up to our exception.Thing is whatever we tried either ruined balance in mid-late game or was very punishing at beginning.So we end up with current settings which seems to work the best and most people accept them.Now we can't do anything significantly without source code and If you have any ideas,suggestion about how to improve morale system go to http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10797-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-21 and write there.Solver will most likely consider and do what he can about it and since we merged CE with XNT:ID that way we can really do something about morale system.