Aliens not being "seen" when they open the UFO door

I don't know if this is a problem with the vanilla game or a mod like Fire in the Hole!, but this has happened a couple of times.

So, this is the situation: I am about to breach an UFO and have positioned my soldiers near the door. While I point my shotguns and shields at the door, I also wait for my other troopers to catch up. This means whoever is aiming at the UFO door is able to reaction fire (and it's usually about 3-4 soldiers). However, while waiting, the aliens open the door and shoot at my troopers. Not only I can't see the aliens (the UFO interior is black, I only see plasma coming out of the door) but none of my troopers' reaction fire is triggered. Now, if this only happened once, I'd think it could be due to the RNG and low stats of the troops playing tricks of me; however, this isn't the first time this happens and everytime it ends in the same way.

Is this a vanilla bug or are the new modded UFO interiors causing this? I haven't tried a normal door otuside of the UFO as it's actually a bit hard to find aliens who remain in the same building for a couple of rounds, so I wanted to ask here first to see if anyone had the same problem.

Still happening. What happens is a bit weird, the UFO door opens and aliens fire from within, but I don't see the interior of the UFO or any aliens, not until my turn. I don't see the alien that opens the door, or the ones firing, I just see the plasma bolts coming. Doesn't happen every time that aliens open the door, but sometimes it does. My troops didn't respond with reaction fire, though that may have been luck.

Another possibly related problem is that you never see an alien walk through UFO doors. Instead, they just sort of materialize outside, the door remaining closed. This can be observed more often.

Still happening. What happens is a bit weird, the UFO door opens and aliens fire from within, but I don't see the interior of the UFO or any aliens, not until my turn. I don't see the alien that opens the door, or the ones firing, I just see the plasma bolts coming. Doesn't happen every time that aliens open the door, but sometimes it does. My troops didn't respond with reaction fire, though that may have been luck.

Another possibly related problem is that you never see an alien walk through UFO doors. Instead, they just sort of materialize outside, the door remaining closed. This can be observed more often.

I reported this bug as well, GJ said he was looking at it.

Nobody's actually answered my question. Are you getting no reaction fire at all, or are people just not getting the first shot?

Can confirm, no reaction fire period. Not tested on V1.02.

I'll start running fraps and try to get you some video footage of what it looks like.

No reaction fire at all. Door opens, bunch of plasma from inside and then door closed. Also, at least in 1.01, all the alien fire from inside was also fast forwarded (like every alien shot almost the same time)... probably tied to the "shroud teleporting".

Haven't seen this in 1.02..

Edited by Skitso

I just encountered a case of a Sebillian materializing outside the UFO door. I had 4 guys outside the door aiming at it, the Seb just materialized - I guess it should have opened the door and walked through. The door didn't visibly open at any time, nor was there a walking animation from the Seb. None of my guys reaction fired.

Feels like it's related to the auto-closing UFO doors.

I just encountered a case of a Sebillian materializing outside the UFO door. I had 4 guys outside the door aiming at it, the Seb just materialized - I guess it should have opened the door and walked through. The door didn't visibly open at any time, nor was there a walking animation from the Seb. None of my guys reaction fired.

Feels like it's related to the auto-closing UFO doors.

I can confirm this for unmodded v1.02hf1.