Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How to download Xenonauts without using Desura!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Pancakes View Post
    hmmm...what about cheese?
    Desura is lactose intollerant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey i have a question i have been out of the loop for a while so forgive my ignorance.

I used the direct link to get the game, however after loading and when running the game is showing that i have gotten the kickstarter demo :s I thought they were 2 separate builds. I have tried to do a quick search in the forums and found nothing could someone enlighten me.

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they are not 2 separate builds. The kickstarter demo is the latest alpha build available to preorders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I was thinking about it too when I downloaded it from Desura, and wondered if I had done something wrong. Anyway, so far so good for me !

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketham View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking about it too when I downloaded it from Desura, and wondered if I had done something wrong. Anyway, so far so good for me !
    In case you missed it, a new alpha just came out today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm totally confused now. Do we have to install Desura to play the latest build if we bought the game? Is there a standalone download that is the uptodate build?

Where?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have activated your game with desura (that might require you to install the client, but you can remove it after the game is connected to the account) you will be able to follow the instructions in the first post in this thread to download the zip file.

Desura verifies the client update and the zip file seperately and it takes longer for the zip file.
    Last edited by Gorlom; 06-19-2012 at 03:01.

Rookie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad there's an option that doesn't require buggy ol Desura to be installed but it's still downloaded through them so the download speed is still beyond pathetic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Chris when Desura finally gets the loose file up, can you let us know please? I don't check Desura unless I know.

Much appreciated.

Squaddie
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Desura went loopy on me and won't DL the new version so I took the zip file and placed it in the space where the old one was and it starts ok, but has lost my previous games. No biggie that, but as I need to get into Desura to play the game (for all of a minute before it crashes) I take it from a previous post that I am playing a Desura version not a standalone one. My question, however, is what happens with future upgrades and the final, proper game? Can I revert back to my original and preferred method of just going in and playing via Desura and knowing the version I'm to play is the most updated (and I hope stable) one or do I face yet more error messages aplenty and an inability to download the game? Might be more a Desura question that.