Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon Editor - The Quartermaster's Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Gauddlike View Post
    I was going to try it out but I can't remember where the 'heavy' flag should go.
    I also can't get QM's program to run.
    If I install it in my xenonauts folder it comes up with a window asking for my path but won't accept it (C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\xenonauts).
    Add a slash to the end of the path. It was a quick fix so it isn't too intelligent at this point. Try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\xenonauts\" (the same thing with the backslash at the end)

I assume you'd use "bulletType=heavy" to make a weapon heavy, if it's implemented.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Ah that got it QM cheers, clearly I also wasn't being very intelligent there either!
    Cheers Chris, thought it was that but haven't had a chance to try it.
    Will have a go when I get home from uni today.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Just checked, the heavy flag doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Accuracy on a target at any range doesn't alter after movement with it set.
    If it needs to be set with the bullettype flag doesn't that mean you will be unable to have rocket launchers that are classed as heavy?
    Would it be better to have it as a separate optional flag, perhaps in the same section where you set the recoil?
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

I get this when trying to load current values;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11258902/xen.../qmarmoury.PNG
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Squaddie
    Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    Loads fine for me now but I get 'Unhandled Exception' if I try to Save->Save As or Update->Replace Data Files:

Update-ReplaceDataFiles.jpg
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoNUT View Post
    Loads fine for me now but I get 'Unhandled Exception' if I try to Save->Save As or Update->Replace Data Files:
    Are any XML files created? The issue could either be that it can't make the files or that Excel is running at all (I use it to open and resave the file that the code creates so that it is better formatted for Xenonauts).

Also what happens if you click continue?

Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    I get this when trying to load current values;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11258902/xen.../qmarmoury.PNG
    I'm looking at the screen that you provided and it looks like the boxes that hold the numbers have commas in them instead of decimals. Is that relevant for where you live? Could you check the following for me: If you change the reaction modifier value for the pistol in the data file to "1,8" instead of "1.8" does the number error pop up or change from 1.8 to another number?

Update:
    You can still do the above, but it looks like there are regional differences in how periods and commas are used in numbers. I will try to figure out a good way to handle this and when I update the program (after the new version comes out) I will try to fix this so that it functions more universally.
    Last edited by Quartermaster; 04-26-2012 at 17:59. Reason: Did some research...

Squaddie
    Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    No files were created as far as I can tell. Clicking on Continue just takes me back to the program. If I change any values for a weapon, when I click on another weapon I find that the values have been reset. I don't have Excel open as it is not installed on my machine. I do have OpenOffice installed but I tried shutting down all instances of soffice.exe and still get the 'Unhandled exception' error.
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Yes, there are differences. Not that I can ever remember them. I think we use commas in Norway for decimals, and punctuation for large number separation. Which the commas in your program substantiates.

Yes.. a friend just went to Australia to study, and she was pretty decent at maths. Then she totally bombed on the first test, and apparently it was because she used commas instead of periods.
    Last edited by IceVamp; 04-26-2012 at 23:02.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.