Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Kickstarter Pre-orderer

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by KZeem View Post
    Any ideas of why the doesn't run? on my system I have a crappy laptop. I have a hardcore gaming desktop but my wife's over the past 7/8 months made it her own, and she's constantly on it.
    Why'd you keep the laptop and leave the gaming desktop to your wife? :P Seems like a silly choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slocket View Post
    I gave the pledge of 20 USD. Is there supposed to be a Standard Order silver medal by my name? Is there two different pledge systems? I went through Kick starter. Thanks.
    You need your Desura key first, which will be sent out when the project closes. Once you have that, there are instructions in this forum thread (it's pretty simple):

    http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...er-forum-badge!

    At this point, I'd reckon it's best to order through Kickstarter, as that moves us towards stretch goals. So you'll have your medal in a three weeks time

  2. #22
    pantless sectoid sectoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    155
    pity that the [Pledge $200 or more ] quota already met....

    so we are expecting 50 supporters portrait as rookie, right?
    If you see naked dudes with guns, clearly there’s something not right there.

  3. #23
    WishfullThinker Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by sectoid View Post
    pity that the [Pledge $200 or more ] quota already met....

    so we are expecting 50 supporters portrait as rookie, right?
    Well technically there's 100 total spread out at different tiers, 2 or so additional pledgers has taken some portraits at the $500 tier.

    And then theres the pre-kickstarter orders that has pledged $170-180 and email Chris about getting the portrait. They don't show up as backers for the $200 tier in the kickstarter list so it's a bit confusing.

    Think Chris said he would honour those so I'm assuming he will canabalize the higher tier portraits for the unseen backers at the $200 tier.

    PS. as Gilras said you need to wait untill the kickstarter countdown runs out to get any of the rewards listed. You haven't acctually paid for anything untill Amazon charges you after the project ends.
    Last edited by Gorlom; 05-22-2012 at 15:40.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilaras View Post
    Why'd you keep the laptop and leave the gaming desktop to your wife? :P Seems like a silly choice.



    You need your Desura key first, which will be sent out when the project closes. Once you have that, there are instructions in this forum thread (it's pretty simple):

    http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...er-forum-badge!

    At this point, I'd reckon it's best to order through Kickstarter, as that moves us towards stretch goals. So you'll have your medal in a three weeks time
    Not simple if it is not working.

    Desura says "I do not have Xenonauts associated with my account" Please buy a copy. I surely bought the 20 pre-order through Kickstart yesterday May 21, 2012 through Amazon pay link. I cannot get any farther. It does not work. Please help.

    mesage after Desura login

    It appears you do not have a copy of Xenonauts on your Slocket account. You can purchase a copy of Xenonauts for your account, via the links on the right.

    Once you have activated a copy via Desura, you will be able to return here and send your account details to the official developers. Thanks for your support.
    What exactly is the difference between Alpha and Premium Alpha build? It reads the same. Should I have bought the Premium to play the released builds as they are released? Confused.
    -----------------------
    This is the Premium pre-order of Xenonauts. This will grant access to the development builds of the game to allow you to beta test the game, plus a copy of the final game once it is complete on Desura or Steam, plus Goldhawk Interactive forum goodies! Buy $29.99 Windows
    -----------------------------------
    Xenonauts Alpha
    This is the standard pre-order version of Xenonauts. Purchasing this will give you access to the latest Xenonauts development builds, and a copy of the final game once released on Desura or Steam.
    Last edited by Slocket; 05-22-2012 at 17:48.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Slocket View Post
    Not simple if it is not working.

    Desura says "I do not have Xenonauts associated with my account" Please buy a copy. I surely bought the 20 pre-order through Kickstart yesterday May 21, 2012 through Amazon pay link. I cannot get any farther. It does not work. Please help.

    mesage after Desura login
    You have to wait for kickstarter end Because devs don't get money until it ends

    If kickstarter devs gave rewards before end of kickstarter campaign, they could lose money because it would allow some people retract their pledges before it ends

  6. #26
    WishfullThinker Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,074
    There is no difference between preorder build and premium preorder build slocket, you just haven't bought either yet. This is a standard practice over at Kickstarter to ensure they don't give money to projects that doesn't reach their goals.

    You have missunderstood how kickstarter works. If you check things out you should notice that Amazon hasn't charged you yet. You have just set up so that they CAN charge you the ammound you pledged when the countdown is over.

    This should be explained in the FAQ on the kickstarter page? Yep, it's the second to last topic in the Xenonauts FAQ on kickstarter.... But it doesn't seem all that clear about why you don't get it untill it's over. How odd.
    Last edited by Gorlom; 05-22-2012 at 18:05.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    There is no difference between preorder build and premium preorder build slocket, you just haven't bought either yet. This is a standard practice over at Kickstarter to ensure they don't give money to projects that doesn't reach their goals.

    You have missunderstood how kickstarter works. If you check things out you should notice that Amazon hasn't charged you yet. You have just set up so that they CAN charge you the ammound you pledged when the countdown is over.

    This should be explained in the FAQ on the kickstarter page? Yep, it's the second to last topic in the Xenonauts FAQ on kickstarter.... But it doesn't seem all that clear about why you don't get it untill it's over. How odd.
    I think its common knowledge that Kickstarter projects don't take your money unless it succeeds And has ended. You can alter your pledge before it has ended.

  8. #28
    WishfullThinker Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by XenoMask View Post
    I think its common knowledge that Kickstarter projects don't take your money unless it succeeds And has ended. You can alter your pledge before it has ended.
    You would think so wouldn't you? but if you read slockets post you will notice that he says he has paid (well he did in the forum badge thread... here he just said bought), not pledged, for the preorder.

    Alot of people come through links hearing about kickstarter for the first time through some news site or forum where they heard about some cool project. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case that people misstakenly assumes they have already been charged. I doubt they take the time to read through kickstarter to see how exactly kickstarter works. Infact I do belive I've come across in numerous other projects that they explain it in the FAQ that kickstarter won't charge untill the project is over, so presumably many people ask this.

  9. #29
    Commander Jean-Luc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,548
    Yeah, you don't count as having bought the game until the KS ends.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

  10. #30
    Evil Cat Alien Kilrathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    106
    Also, to reiterate a key point:

    * The demo build that anyone can download for free is the same build that pre-orders get to play right now. Everyone is currently playing the same build and no new version will be released until Kickstarter ends. Once Kickstarter ends, all Kickstarter participants will get their Desura keys and will then be able to (a) play all new versions going forward and (b) get your forum badge.

    In other words: Slocket, you currently have access to the "latest development build" - it's the demo. Once the Kickstarter ends, you (and everyone who pre-ordered or participated in Kickstarter) will get access to any new versions released after the demo.

    -Kilrathi

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •