Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Pre-orderer

Kickstarter Pre-orderer

Hi guys, recently I decided to back the project via kick-starter ($20) any chance I can download the build? and how do I go about doing this?

P.S, I'm a big fan of XCOM as a teenager I spent endless hours on that game in my bedroom in the middle of the night playing on my PSX very hard game. One of the best games ever.

The download link is on the main KS page, just scroll down. Atm, the demo is most up to date public build. Once the KS campaign is over and the alpha/beta goes on to receive further updates you'll be able to get those the same as any pre-orderer.
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc View Post
    The download link is on the main KS page, just scroll down. Atm, the demo is most up to date public build. Once the KS campaign is over and the alpha/beta goes on to receive further updates you'll be able to get those the same as any pre-orderer.
    Right, so in the meantime, its just the demo? Is this demo same as those who order via desura (or what ever you call it)? otherwise it would have made more sense getting it from there, rather then kick-starter. Any ideas?

KZeem - yes, the "demo" is the same as the current Alpha build. Goldhawk released the most recent version as the demo, so those of us with pre-orders are playing the same version of the game as everyone playing the demo.

I don't think they'll release another version of the game during the Kickstarter, though they're back working on development, so I expect that at some point after the Kickstarter ends, everyone who pledged in the Kickstarter will get their download keys and then we'll all be able to download the next version at the same time. In a nutshell - everyone is and will be playing the same version, whether they bought via the Kickstarter or the pre-order/Desura option.

I downloaded the demo v10.2 it does not even work. I installed the game and click on .exe and it runs for a few seconds and then crashes and nothing happens, nothing appears on screen etc no error message or anything it just closes itself. Kind of glad I can, didn't buy pre-order and wasted money on a game which can't run on my system. oh well.

@kzeem Chris is going to release a post soon .. next few days soon... this will let us in on all the stuff they have been doing in the last 2weeks. So expect an interesting update in 20days. Who knows maybe Chris got suppression working :P

Or it could be a case of showing of base defense missions or new UI elements or maybe you hit install and it uninstalls the game, resets windows, formats your hard drive then displays a the message GAME OVER YOU LOSE!!!

Any ideas of why the doesn't run? on my system I have a crappy laptop. I have a hardcore gaming desktop but my wife's over the past 7/8 months made it her own, and she's constantly on it.

What are the specs of the laptop?
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

is it windows 7 or xp? whats the graphics card and have you updated the driver recently? As in the past 4 years

It's a dell laptop, have letest drivers, Windows XP, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz, RAM: 2.6 GB, Video Ram: 250MB, Hardware T&L (YES), Pixel Shader version 4.0, Vertex Shader version 4.0, DirectX version 9.0c, Free Disk space 85GB.