Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think the Chinook should have more fuel and have longer range and speed?

So.. stealth C-5A's?
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Ok, so in the next build the Chinook will be 50% faster and have just over 10% more range.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Sounds good, despite it already operating at twice the listed maximum speed, and fantastic range.
    Maybe I'll be able to save Tokyo next time!
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

In-flight refueling can extend the range of a chinook helicopter in real life. Why not add some level of detail to include that. Many Nato countries could provide such a service. That also provides some stragetic thought when choosing locations for a new base.

cool with chinook, might be able to get home before those fighters spawn.

Any thoughts on set timers or a timer range for terror sites - say 3-5days.

At the moment they just despawn far too quickly. Especially if your about 2 hit or just returning from a crash site.

Didn't someone suggest to o it the x-com way? that the terror/crashsites wouldn't despawn if you had a transport inflight? I think Chris said he would look into that?

One base in North Africa, second base in southern Soviet and voila, you cover everything apart from the Americas with 2 Chinooks. Get some extra soldiers early on, train them, and this isn't really a problem. It's a freight chopper. It's not meant to go really fast.

IMHO, it's working just fine. Admittedly, I haven't started getting intercepted, haven't come across terrorsites and haven't got a 3rd base going yet, in most of my plays, due to research bug
    The Prancing Unicorn Approaches.

Range is pretty good now. I like this setup... africom is my main base, americom and asiacom each have two radars (hey 1% long range is better than none) and a hangar. asia com gets another hangar and sits there, while americom after the months funding gets two hangars, a living quarters, stores, then medical bay and garage... aiming for a fourth so it can shoot down mediums at some point. I would have moved africom more to the SE, but oh well.

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 11.46.19 PM.jpg

i am happy with the upgraded Chinook, it is more useful and makes timing day and night arrivals to mission sites easier.

I like the idea of keeping the range somewhat limited to force you to build new bases, however I would like to suggest that if you have a free hanger at your secondary base within range of a full Chinook flight, then instead of the Chinook returning to its own base after it has used half its fuel it could fly on to the other base and land in that hangar.

I would have really liked this when playing my first game of the demo and expanding. I had a developed base in Europe and a base under construction in America. However I didn't have enough money yet to fully equip it with tanks and soldiers. But the base was picking up a lot of UFO activity and it was annoying to shoot them down without being able to land there when the range of the Chinook would be able to get there if it didn't have to return to its own base.