Khall's More Portaits

Khall

This mod adds new portraits and unlocks some custom ones to bring the amount of male portraits up to 105 from 36, and female portraits up to 27 from 22. This mod is for people who want more variation in portraits. but in the default art style.

What it does:

Male:

- Adds 9 new African portraits (12 from 3)

- Adds 13 new Asian portraits (18 from 5)

- Adds 18 new Mediterranean portraits and unlocks 2 custom portraits (28 from 8)

- Adds 15 new Northern portraits and unlocks 12 custom portraits (47 from 20)

Female:

- Unlocks 1 unused Mediterranean portrait (8 from 7)

- Adds 1 new Northern portrait and unlocks 3 unused portraits (13 from 9)

E.g.

portraits.jpg

The new portraits were created by mixing and matching different elements of existing portraits in photoshop. I still need to create female portraits, go over my portraits that I'm not happy with and just generally make more portraits. I'll add it to the completed mod section when I consider it more completed

But there's enough in it to add some much need variety.

Installation instructions:

1. Download the mod and extract it

2. Add the downloaded "soldierimage" and "soldierimagefemale" folders to their respective folders in "assets"

3. Open "soldiernames.xml" with notepad

4. Change this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]5[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]8[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]20[/b]" />

to this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]12[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]18[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]28[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]47[/b]" />

5. Open "soldiernamesfemale.xml" with notepad

6. Change this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]7[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]9[/b]" />

to this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]8[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]13[/b]" />

to allow use of the new portraits.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjusz73c6j8p2e3/Khall%27s%20More%20Portraits.rar

portraits.jpg

portraits.jpg.a76f958927327c7574d1ceb1dd

Edited by Khall

Installation instructions:

1. Download the mod and extract it

2. Add to it the "soldierimage" folder

3. Open "soldiernames.xml" with notepad

4. Change this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]3[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]5[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]8[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]20[/b]" />

to this

<Ethnicity name="afri" count="[b]11[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="asi" count="[b]15[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="med" count="[b]20[/b]" />   <Ethnicity name="nor" count="[b]32[/b]" />

to allow use of the new portraits.

Man, you did great here! By explaining how to manually add it instead of justing putting the edited file, we can use it together with any other mod we want!

Thanks a lot! Awesome!

Ok, I've done some more work on this:

- Fixed up a few existing portraits

- Added 4 more new Mediterranean portraits

- Added 8 new Northern portraits

Some of the new portraits:

portraits2.jpg

Updated download link. You'll need to alter the "soldiernames.xml" to use the larger pool, updated instructions in OP to new numbers.

portraits2.jpg

portraits2.jpg.aec87504093e4caf8dbb4bef9

Edited by Khall

Some new portraits added working with Ogaburan and Theon Greyjoy:

- Added 1 new Asian portrait

- Added 2 new Mediterranean portraits

- Added 5 new Northern portraits

Sample:

portraits3.jpg

Updated instructions in OP

portraits3.jpg

portraits3.jpg.794f241fbfffc921088b63bf6

Edited by Khall

I especially like the one with the red beard!

lol

Anyway got some time and uploaded all my stuff to the dropbox, I isolated the white beard... maybe you can use it.

Also tried experimenting with making hair color more elderly/mature by adding some gray into it... but am unhappy of the results so far...

I especially like the one with the red beard!

lol

Anyway got some time and uploaded all my stuff to the dropbox, I isolated the white beard... maybe you can use it.

Also tried experimenting with making hair color more elderly/mature by adding some gray into it... but am unhappy of the results so far...

Give them wings, like Paulie Walnuts.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done some more male portraits in my spare time:

- Added 1 new African portrait

- Added 2 new Asian portrait

- Added 2 new Mediterranean portraits

- Added 2 new Northern portraits

portraits4.jpg

- And completed my first female portrait

As you can see from the last picture, I have also finally started work on the female portraits.

I also noticed when I was looking through the female portraits that there is 1 Mediterranean and 3 Northern portraits going unused due to wrong values in "soldiernamesfemale.xml".

I've updated instruction in the OP as always, including how to add and unlock the new and existing female portraits

Once I've done a bunch more female portraits I'll add this to the completed mods, though I'll still make portraits occasionally.

portraits4.jpg

portraits4.jpg.edaee15037735d451b1caa1d2

Edited by Khall