Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Xenonauts Site Launched

@anotherdevil Oh ok, sorry guys

So the 'Premium' version is available but not decided what bonuses will be included in it yet? Is there any idea of the kind of bonus it will include?

The bonuses aren't finalised, and objectively they won't represent better value than the standard pre-order. They're mostly just for people who want to add to the development fund of the game, because the bonus for everyone is a better game at the end of it. There's no shame in going for the standard order though - it's all helpful to us!
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Mainly I was just curious, I was commenting on the old forums when there was a considerable amount of pondering about what the bonuses would be and whether they would be semi-useful in-game things or freebees etc. I think names of the soldiers, faces, as well as useful (but not earthshaking) buildable items were mentioned, but it's been a while since I checked that forum. I can't pre-order buy right now (things are a little tight here) but am hoping to get it in a week or two. What I've seen (especially on your new snazzy site!) is very impressive. It certainly seems more in-depth than any such game I've seen before both in the background and the game mechanics. Good job and I hope I'll get to preview the alpha version soon

hmmm, not sure having names in the release is really much of a bonus, since you can change names anyway can't you? might be nice for some to think that random person on the other side of the world has a soldier with their name, but oh well, not sure where I am going with that. Let's just say I'm not a fan of that bonus - but I could just opt out if I wanted to I suppose
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    Yeah you can change the names. Secondly the names are in two sets, first and last names, so the chances of both your names coming together. Thirdly they're randomly generated, so the chances of you getting your name in your game with all these points... Quite low
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherdevil View Post
    Yeah you can change the names. Secondly the names are in two sets, first and last names, so the chances of both your names coming together. Thirdly they're randomly generated, so the chances of you getting your name in your game with all these points... Quite low
    The idea was to give each premium pre-orderer a chance to add a full name (a given name or a pseudonym, their choice) into a separate, hard-coded pool of soldier monikers. The resulting database would then be scrutinised by the community in order to prevent abuse.

There was also talk about fleshing out these recruits by filling in more personal details (age, nationality, service history), or even by giving them fixed stats and physical appearance.

Any chance of getting a hard copy of the game?
    As much as I love DD's, there really isnt anything quite like having a hard copy of one of your favorite games that can work independently of a DD service or online connection. Even the ability to install the game on a computer that has no or will never have a connection.
    I know its a minor thing... but its something to think about....
    Im going to stick with my premium regardless of the bonus because I love GoldHawk for what they have done and being so open to the forums for suggestions to help shape the game (a game for the fans molded by the fans)...

How can I get my premium pre-order badge? I shy away from posting on the forums, but I've had a preorder for the game since the start. Can't wait for the next, fairly playable build... although I will miss attacking the glassy shed of evil.

Ghost - no, not right now I'm afraid. Maybe we'll consider it later.

Darkwing - did you get the Desura gift email? That has the details in it and was sent to the Paypal address you pre-ordered with. If not, email me and I'll sort you.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt