v22b2 Psi attacks broken

1. During attack on Caesan Landingship there is a psion who harrases my team without even LOS or squad sight.

2. When soldier becomes attacked there is a message - Soldier X is unnerwed or something like that, but Soldier Y berserks even having morale at 100% be it 64/64 or 99/99+

I don't believe it should work that way - and sometime the Soldier X message is for a soldier that is not in a squad.

After few more mission with Casean psi units here is the real list of problems

Balance:

- Alien psionic powers are no longer all squad-sight. Berserk is LOS-only, Mind Control is squad-sight but now has a limited range, but Fear and Paralyse now have unlimited range

Berserk is not LOS-only. Berserk is when I want you to berserk I order you to berserk. It even surpasses Squad Sight.

Let me elaborate:

1. Alien spots my team, fine. Soldier X gets attacked and gets unnerved (or something like that), soldier Y berserks - yes other soldier than the one being attacked goes berserk. Also there are "Soldier X goes Berserk" attacks on squad sight.

2. My turn I clear all aliens from the vicinity so neither I or aliens should see me. End turn - Soldier X gets PSI attacked - as if aliens still can see me until my next turn but wait.

3. Imagine you're attacking lanndingship - you're on the upper deck and waiting to breach the final room. You move soldiers reload and suddenly the passive aliens PSI attack you - how?

4. Still in landship - berserking soldiers have tendency to shoot the command room floor.

5. If you're soldier berserk and kills any alien - CTD

6. Soldiers with Heavy Weapons (MG) after getting berserk doesn't shoot - can't say if it is the same for Rocket Launcher.

All my soldiers that went under berserk had 100% Morale (99/99+) and their bravery which can only be increased by medals were something like 60-65.

7. Haven't seen any Fear, Paralysis, MC attacks at all, only either Berserk or unnerved which leads to Berserk of some random soldier

Edited by silencer

Just want to remind you that aliens have a larger viewing distance than your soldiers.

That means, although you don't see them, they might see one or more of your soldiers. That seems to be "squad sight" in my understanding.

However, I don't know if when one alien sees you, another that has psi powers can take action on you. If yes, it would be similar to your sniper that can shoot targets he doesn't see but one of your other soldiers can.

This doesn't explain all of your observations though.

No. After I've cleared the place near the UFO there were only aliens in UFO but my soldiers who were near Charlie where Berserking.

I do not play experimental builds, but I know that with V21 there are still a lot of "see-through-UFO-walls" errors.

Are those errors with the experimentals as well? If so, it allows you to see aliens from outside the UFO and those aliens from the inside see you outside. Together with the increased viewing range of the aliens it may explain the unexpected psi attacks.

The landingship and the cruiser both have problems with being able to see through floors, although this is only really noticeable in the landingship. Also please be aware that FOV does not reset until the start of the next complete turn, which means even if you clean out all aliens in your turn the aliens will be able to see you in their subsequent turn and visa-versa. The only defence against that is to run away from where the aliens were. (This is being looked at for an end-of-turn reset). "Unnerved" is the fear attack, which saps morale, which can in turn trigger a beserk response.

EDIT: When a morale event is triggered, the squaddie automatically gets a certain percentage of their morale back, and the morale bar is recalculated at the start of the turn, so events can occur in the alien turn which drops morale to trigger an event, but then the morale recpvery and morale recalculation can then make it look like you never lost any morale in the first place. kabill and I went over this in some depth.

Edited by Max_Caine

I would agree with you about the unnerved but it always for me was soldier X was unnerved and soldier Y berserks, where there was NO attack on soldier Y.

Also I am currently not seeing through the UFOs upper floor being on bottom floor - landship checked.

Here are 2 strange situations. In both cases all aliens outside the UFO had been killed and it is 4 turns after that. In both pictures selected soldier has been unnerved on the 4th alien turn after clearing the outer region. I get a felling that corpses still provide LOS.

Pic 1. Soldier is outside the UFO and behind a wall, so a psion that is inside the Corvette how can he spot him, unless the corpse that is lying near him reveals the position

xenonauts 2014-04-13 11-10-38-21.jpg

Pic 2. Again Soldier is outside the UFO AND behind the hedge, but there is a corpse nearby.

xenonauts 2014-04-13 11-54-39-68.jpg

Like I said it is 4 turns after killing all roaming aliens outside the UFO so in no way they should know my position.

xenonauts 2014-04-13 11-10-38-21.jpg

xenonauts 2014-04-13 11-54-39-68.jpg

577e7cd60844d_xenonauts2014-04-1311-10-3

577e7cd60e1cf_xenonauts2014-04-1311-54-3

• 2 months later...

I just lost my entire team and all our lovely gear (ironman) 1 man at a time to mind control with no LOS. Something isn't right. We were in the battleship lift sections stood blocking the teleport platforms so no aliens could get in. There's no way they had LOS unless its glitching through the floor (its not for my guys) or as the other poster suggested the corpses are giving squad sight.

Its showing V1.07HF

I just lost my entire team and all our lovely gear (ironman) 1 man at a time to mind control with no LOS. Something isn't right. We were in the battleship lift sections stood blocking the teleport platforms so no aliens could get in. There's no way they had LOS unless its glitching through the floor (its not for my guys) or as the other poster suggested the corpses are giving squad sight.

Its showing V1.07HF

None of the alien PSI requires line of sight.