Refueling Times

Nino

It still should not take 6 - 7 hours to fill one! Its not like they are filling up at a regular petrol station, even filling up a formula 1 car during a race only takes about 3 seconds. I know the tank is a lot smaller on a car than a plane but 6 - 7 hours just to refill is ludicrous i think.

Aaron has said that the length of time it takes to refuel a craft is intentional. Furthermore, don't forget that of the 8 aircraft in the game, only 3 of those actually use fuel. All aircraft built on alien tech depend on recharging from the bases' generators, and who knows how long that takes?

It still should not take 6 - 7 hours to fill one! Its not like they are filling up at a regular petrol station, even filling up a formula 1 car during a race only takes about 3 seconds. I know the tank is a lot smaller on a car than a plane but 6 - 7 hours just to refill is ludicrous i think.

190,000 pounds of fuel.

o.O

At 1000-3000 pounds per minute (source), that's 1-3 hours to fully fill it using aerial refueling. I dunno about ground refueling, couldn't find anything. Regardless, 1-3 hours is much closer to the game's seven hours than 1-3 seconds. ;)

That's using the USAF's data on refueling "modern fighter planes" (they mentioned the F-16 in the report). I dunno about the MiG-31.

190,000 pounds of fuel.

o.O

At 1000-3000 pounds per minute (source), that's 1-3 hours to fully fill it using aerial refueling. I dunno about ground refueling, couldn't find anything. Regardless, 1-3 hours is much closer to the game's seven hours than 1-3 seconds. ;)

That's using the USAF's data on refueling "modern fighter planes" (they mentioned the F-16 in the report). I dunno about the MiG-31.

That seems like way too much fuel. A 747ER only carries 436,000 pounds. The F-16C model ONLY carries 7000 pounds internally. I have no idea how it's physically possible for the Condor to carry that much. Even if it could it wouldn't get off the ground. Also, commercial jets like the 747 certainly don't require eight hours to refuel. I can only assume that a small fighter would take minutes to refuel.

Edited by StellarRat

That seems like way too much fuel. A 747ER only carries 436,000 pounds. The F-16C model ONLY carries 7000 pounds internally. I have no idea how it's physically possible for the Condor to carry that much. Even if it could it wouldn't get off the ground. Also, commercial jets like the 747 certainly don't require eight hours to refuel. I can only assume that a small fighter would take minutes to refuel.

Yeah, as long as it's not shot to pieces or something, and you need to get an aircraft back in the air right damn now cuz stuff's popping off you can re-arm and re-fuel while the bird's crew does a basic serviceability check inside of about 15 minutes from the time it touches down. Straight-up turn and burns with a refit are about quick as hell.

And yeah, the F-16 can only lift about half its own empty weight in total.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

I also assume that the xenonauts are proably also going through a pre-flight checklist to make sure there's no damage.

> Yeah, as long as it's not shot to pieces or something, and you need to get an aircraft back in the air right damn now cuz stuff's popping off you can re-arm and re-fuel while the bird's crew does a basic serviceability check inside of about 15 minutes from the time it touches down

> you can re-arm and re-fuel while the bird's crew does a basic serviceability check inside of about 15 minutes from the time it touches down

> basic serviceability check inside of about 15 minutes from the time it touches down

> 15 minutes from the time it touches down