Purple heart draw with Sebellian warriors. (19sc1) Morticians love them ;(

Hi fellas.

Holy crap. Here I was, thinking (quite ignorantly, as it happens) that I was sitting pretty with a team equipped with wolf armor, a few buzzards, sweet plasma guns and a squad of captains, majors and one commander, with a scimitar as a bonus. I just got those plasma guns and had a few battles with them -- the first time I've used them actually. So an alien terror mission pops up and I'm not all that worried about it.

I was so wrong :( There was like, more warriors that I could easily count, a few drones and a handful of alien boojums. The drones and the alien hover tank things blow up if you give them a dirty look, but the warriors... man, they are evil. They have reflexes like bruce lee, I was literally stacking grenades on them like I was playing Ikari Warriors. Now, difficulty is a fine thing keeps things interesting. But here is the troubling bit. They can fire their plasma shotguns 4 times per round, that is truly evil. Thats enough to turn hard cover to rubble and kill the guys hiding behind it. I lost two majors that way :( Three guys got crimson hearts the same way.

To be specific here. One warrior across the street could take out the hard cover, and kill the guy hiding behind it in wolf armor in a single turn. That is rough because there isn't a lot you can do about that. This wasn't an isolated thing either, the whole time I was scrambling for (all distressingly temporary) cover. But at the end just about the whole map except for a few buildings were smoking ruins.

Is that right? I mean I survived and won the day, but the whole thing felt pretty pyrrhic.

Hi fellas.

Holy crap. Here I was, thinking (quite ignorantly, as it happens) that I was sitting pretty with a team equipped with wolf armor, a few buzzards, sweet plasma guns and a squad of captains, majors and one commander, with a scimitar as a bonus. I just got those plasma guns and had a few battles with them -- the first time I've used them actually. So an alien terror mission pops up and I'm not all that worried about it.

I was so wrong :( There was like, more warriors that I could easily count, a few drones and a handful of alien boojums. The drones and the alien hover tank things blow up if you give them a dirty look, but the warriors... man, they are evil. They have reflexes like bruce lee, I was literally stacking grenades on them like I was playing Ikari Warriors. Now, difficulty is a fine thing keeps things interesting. But here is the troubling bit. They can fire their plasma shotguns 4 times per round, that is truly evil. Thats enough to turn hard cover to rubble and kill the guys hiding behind it. I lost two majors that way :( Three guys got crimson hearts the same way.

To be specific here. One warrior across the street could take out the hard cover, and kill the guy hiding behind it in wolf armor in a single turn. That is rough because there isn't a lot you can do about that. This wasn't an isolated thing either, the whole time I was scrambling for (all distressingly temporary) cover. But at the end just about the whole map except for a few buildings were smoking ruins.

Is that right? I mean I survived and won the day, but the whole thing felt pretty pyrrhic.

You have to use the Chinook as cover and kill as many as possible that way before you even think about moving forward. I got my butt kicked several times before I figured that out. Also, using smoke to screen your flanks while moving is a really smart idea.

Sebillian veterans distinguish themselves from their lowly brethren by the quality of their armour and the ornate shoulder plates they wear. They are tougher, faster and stronger than anything you have faced previously. Standard armament for Warriors is the heavy plasma gun and the deadly plasma cannon. Watch out for Sebillians wearing a red gambeson under their armour plating. This is issued to the Sebillian equivalent of human special forces, a real Elite that will test your men severely.

- Alien Class Analysis

Warrior-class Sebillians have 90AP. Heavy plasmas on snap cost 20AP, so yeah, a warrior could pump out 4 shots. In fact they could fire a normal shot and 3 snap shots.

completed many missions and the main trick is save-load action :) no casualties since start game. not sure if i can do it without save-load. but it helps to understand what tactics you should use to prevent casualties. use cover, one scout soldier and 2-3 behind him ready to shoot with aimed shot. my soldiers always run in small groups (2,3,4 soldiers) and very rare alone to one direction. never used smoke granades. will try later. use reaction reserve for TU. slow movement but low casualties. every soldier have medikit and 2 frag granades. use right weapon. my choise is rifles for all soldiers and carbines in backpack for close combat in buildings and UFOs. open the door only with minimum 3 soldiers so one can open and make 1 shot, two others can help him with 2 aimed shots each.

Edited by billion