Is this really what I think it is.

Hi team I am a long term XCOM fan, infact from the first day I played the floppy disk demo of ufo eu in 94/95 I loved the crap out of it. Nowdays i'm still playing eu and tftd with all sorts of mods and junk installed and was holding my breath for a remake to come along. I had heard the xenonauts name banded around the net for a bit but assumed it was another multiplayer remake. But reserching myself has brought me to believe that this is what I have been waiting for all these years. Is this true? Can this be a true xcom clone. I have had a little search around but can't seem to find out what sort af enemys there is going to be. Are they gonna be sectoid and muton like creatures or are they ganna be more like in ufo et. Silly question anyway I can see from the hype generated from this forum alone that this is gonna be a awsome remake and i'm gonna deffo pre-order at the end of the month.

If anyone has any good video referals of this game that will make me quiver, link me up dude I need my fix.

Video referrals? I don't think so...but there might be some coming soon.

Other than that, its pretty close. Its not an exact, shined up clone of X-com. Its improved in various areas, usually by making it more complex (combat, ground and air). You can pre-order the game and try out the alpha builds, and help make the game, or read the forums and and questions about stuff that concerns you.

As for the aliens revealed, there's Caesans (tall sectoids that wear clothes), Sebillians (regenerating lizardmen that wear some armour plates) and Androns (really tough humanoid robots that don't wear clothes at all).

Edit: Oh wait, there's this:

Bit old now though.

As for the aliens revealed, there's Caesans (tall sectoids that wear clothes), Sebillians (regenerating lizardmen that wear some armour plates) and Androns (really tough humanoid robots that don't wear clothes at all).

Edit: Oh wait, there's this:

Bit old now though.

Awsome wicked kewel. I thnk I made the fatal miskake of calling it a remake earlier. But never the less this reimagining looks very good indeed. The new xcom game thats coming out should have really thought about what the x-com community really want before sinking a load of cash into that FPS project. Aparrantly one of the devs says that he's a long term fan of the game and has tried to incorporate familier features to it, like using time units to command your squad when you slow down time. Also there is research being put into it aswell but it still is not what true xcom fans really want. Not to mention taking a huge dump all over the xcom timeline. I will be looking forward to playing xenonauts with great anticipation. Long live turn based gaming.

Hard way. They have no organs and are made of metal, they're obviously tough :P.

Chris has made mention that the high-ranked ones will smash their way through walls.

Sorry, that was a "Doctor Who" reference. "Cybermen" are "allergic" to gold and nearly invincible to all other sort of assult. The hard way is baisicly suicide.

Any chance we can spot or shoot down a blue policebox ingame? (ah good ol fallout days when you spotted the policebox fadeing out as a random encounter... and the bridge keeper from monty python. ;) )

Edited by Gorlom

Ah, didn't know about the 'near invincible' part. All I've seen it then having their heads explode from unstable 'datatubes' or something.

Not sure if Chris would add a blue policebox encounter, but could have a terrain item...that might be in improbable locations (like the middle of a road...or on top of a building.)

Not sure if Chris would add a blue policebox encounter, but could have a terrain item...that might be in improbable locations (like the middle of a road...or on top of a building.)

Haha little eastereggs/homages like that are awesome imo. :)

(Although I think Chris would have to make it indestructable then considering how hard it is to destroy a T.A.R.D.I.S.)

Edited by Gorlom

@OP

Yes, I think this is, in fact, "it". It is certainly the best X-Com reimagining I've seen to date because of the intelligent decision to stay faithful to the original and improve only those aspects of the game that really need it (UI, air combat, weapon variety, etc.) without trying to be "clever" and over-innovating.

If you haven't seen the actual game site already it's a good source of info to get you started: http://www.xenonauts.com/

Gold is to Cybermen as silver is to werewolves. Surprised nobody made gold bullets.

Someone did make arrows with gold arrowheads (some witch or something that traveled in time without a tardis, the golden arrows were her callsign and just a lucky fluke that she had them when the cybermen attacked). And there was this "planet of gold" that keept repelling the cybermen. i think they shot gold bulets or gold dust.