Well, I finally purchased Xenonauts, but just now noticed it doesn't support WinXP [head hits table] I never thought to check that, as I (wrongfully) assumed that because of the 2D graphics, it would be compatible on virtually any system. Damn...

I will be (eventually) setting up a Win7 gaming rig (as I've got games like DCS:A-10 and Just Cause 2 sitting here, waiting for a home), but I'm curious what exactly what part of the game would have issues on a WinXP system. Would it not work at all, or is it just 'not recommended'? Any chance of a compatibility patch coming out from either the devs or a modder?

(Not throwing blame or complaining... I totally understand not supporting an ancient O/S. Just kind of unfortunate, and I'm curious what exactly would be incompatible.)

Edited by ladlon

Have you tried to run it in XP at all?

No, I just got it today, and downloaded it a little while ago. I only notice the lack of XP support in the system requirements just before posting this thread.

I figured I'd ask to see if it's worth the install on XP, save myself from an unnecessary install. I'm also simply curious as to why XP is not supported, as it was a bit of a surprise, considering it doesn't appear to be graphically intense or some other factor that would make one expect it to need a current rig or O/S.

I'll eventualy start porting some of my games over to one of my Win7 machines (which was previously a work-only system), along with those other Win7 games that I have sitting there waiting. Would be cool if it would work on my existing gaming rig (XP).

I wonder if the omission of XP in the system requirements just an assumption that people are on Vista or higher, and that XP is actually supported. Maybe the final version will have some element in it that will break XP compatibility?

Chris?... Me again... Can you confirm or deny this? ;)

It works on my shitty 2005 laptop running windows xp just fine.

The Shitty2005 laptop was a surprisingly good model in the series.... certainly a huge technical leap from the FN-Useless2003 laptop released two years before. :D

Cool, hopefully they don't add something in the final build that will make it incompatible with XP.... like a DirectX11 Hidden Movement screen graphic!

Yes, the game works fine in XP.

Right on. Thanks.

BTW, Chris... Unless there's some disadvantage/issue with putting XP in the requirements, maybe you should consider putting it in (despite the logical reasoning for ommitting it). I just think you may end up losing some potential sales by the people still running XP (for whatever reason) who read the requirement, and reluctantly pass on the game, as they don't think it'll run on their system.