Xenonauts configuration files

Aaron

Ah, you want to open the file in Excel so that it displays as a table. It will be really obvious then.

(If you can't do that for some reason, the line you want is:

<Cell ss:Index="14"><Data ss:Type="Number">8</Data></Cell>

in the chinook entry. You want to modify the '8' to whatever other value you want.)

EDIT: Oh, the thing you're referring to is in the tabulated version as well, so maybe you're already doing that? If so, I can't be more precise than direct you to the 'soldier's column - column 14.

Actually that worked great thank you so much guys :D also loving this game!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

Can I somehow see actual settings of research tree? In file researches.xml I see next

Researches.MAGWeaponry

Researches.AlienHeavyPlasmaRifle(AND)Researches.AlienPlasmaCannon(AND)Researches.AlienSniperPlasma(AND)Researches.AlienAssaultPlasma

but in game for research MAGWeaponry I need to research Researches.AlienBattlePlasmaRifle firstly.

Is research tree hardcoded?

I tell about v.21.

Sorry for my English, it's not native for me.

Edited by Sonkkorh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about enhancing air combat and I have a few questions. Wish there was some kind of Xenonuts modding tutorial 101.

Is it possible to modify the speed of rearming/refueling/repairing, disabling or reducing combat fuel usage, modifying autoresolve values (probably can't disable it, so for example make every encounter 0% except for the Fury), and modifying aircraft properties through new research - for example improving armour, maneuverability. And also is it possible to reduce the cooldown between rolls maneuver.

Please don't yell if there are already answers for my questions.

I'm thinking about enhancing air combat and I have a few questions. Wish there was some kind of Xenonuts modding tutorial 101.

Is it possible to modify the speed of rearming/refueling/repairing, disabling or reducing combat fuel usage, modifying autoresolve values (probably can't disable it, so for example make every encounter 0% except for the Fury), and modifying aircraft properties through new research - for example improving armour, maneuverability. And also is it possible to reduce the cooldown between rolls maneuver.

Please don't yell if there are already answers for my questions.

Basically, yes.

All the generic air combat variables: repair time, fuel usage, rearming time etc. are all in gameconfig.xml. You'll also find the variable for dodge cooldown, afterburner effects, and so on.

Autoresolve values are determine by the aircraft type and weapon types. If you wanted to turn autoresolve 'off' by giving it always a 0% chance, you could just set the values for the UFOs really high and give no value to Xenonaut aircraft/weapons.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the modification idea. The only way you *might* be able to do this is using the 'replace item' function that is used for unlimited items like explosives, if it also replaces existing limited items with new ones as well. I've never tested this, though, and there's a good chance that it won't work.

EDIT: Alas, it looks like this last thing doesn't work. I tried making the MiG replace the Condor, but it doesn't actually change your existing aircraft.

Edited by kabill

Thanks for the answer

Autoresolve values are determine by the aircraft type and weapon types. If you wanted to turn autoresolve 'off' by giving it always a 0% chance, you could just set the values for the UFOs really high and give no value to Xenonaut aircraft/weapons.

So if understand correctly I can only manipulate with weapons values (damage and stuff?) - or there are some weights for the calculation mechanics? Reducing the damage is not the best idea

Shame for the last but I guessed it was rather impossible.

What is a description file in which a UFO which components?

For example, a airplane.alien.scout has Items.AlienPowerSource & Items.AlienScoutDatacore.

Those are all contained in the submaps for the different UFOs. The power source, for example, is tied to the power source prop that you see during ground combat missions.

As such, there's not an easily available list. That said, beyond alloys and alenium, there's only a small selection of items: the datacores for each UFO; power sources (for Scouts and Corvettes); alenium reactors (for Landing Ships and Cruisers); fusion reactors (for Carriers and Battleships); anti-grav unit (Landing Ship+, I think); and the Singularity Core (Battleship). (There might be one other, too. I forget).

If you want to mod anything in, you'd have to do it through the submap editor. It's not necessarily difficult, especially if you're happy to use existing props in the UFOs. There's a good guide to using the submap editor on the mapping forum, although it doesn't have anything specific on UFOs. (I can help with that, though. I have plenty of experience mapping UFOs!)

I've had an issue frustrating me for a couple of days. I can't in any way figure out how to add an aircraft and make it purchasable from the start of the game in a Condor-like way. I've added it to aircrafts.xml and ensured that I set "Buyable" to "Yes". I made sure to add it to items.xml and strings.xml as well, but it still doesn't appear as an option when I click "Buy New Plane". I feel like there might be some other file where it needs to be added to but I can't figure out what.

Also, I don't know how to do the opposite, in that I want to make it so the Condor isn't purchasable from the start of the game but I will still be able to unlock it to make it purchasable later.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong and/or how to do it properly I would very much appreciate it.

I just took a look and from what I can tell that's pretty much exactly what I've done, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working for me. Setting other aircraft to "Yes" on Buyable seems to accomplish nothing, as they aren't added to the list once in-game.

Also, from what I can tell you're using a text editor to edit the aircrafts.xml; you can edit it much more easily using Microsoft Excel (or I'm sure there's a free alternative). It will actually show up properly in cells so that you won't have to try to parse it in plain-text.

Depends.I am use to notepad ++ since my occupation is programming (and i have Microsoft Office package 2013).Also what i managed to do is make Fox available and purchasable from start (doesn't require Alien research/high speed interceptor research\)and put Condor under category for production via Workshop (this was just experiment I bet that you can have more than one plane purchasable and that there was no need to make that Condor can be only produced).Why it doesn't work for you I have no idea,I can send you files if you want and see what I did.

Edited by Sentelin

To each their own I suppose, I just can't stand all those extra tags cluttering it and making the useful info harder to see.

If it's no problem I would very much appreciate if you could upload the files you edited because from what I'm looking at I haven't done anything different and I'm really confused as to why it's not working.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the turn values for terror/base map reveal? Planning to disable them but having trouble finding where it is.

Edit: Thank you!

Specific line for others.

<RevealAllTiles afterTurns="20" /> <!--For Town, SovietTown and XenoBase tilesets -->
Edited by ventuswings

If it's not in the assets folder any more, I guess it was removed. Probably when ground combat missions stopped giving funding bonuses, assuming the name of the file is vaguely appropriate for what it did. It's a shame - that might have been a good thing to leave in even if it's not actually used in vanilla.