First mission. Sebillians. One runs out of his ship, spots my dudes. His buddy from inside takes two shots, hits the first guy in the back twice, suppressing him, not killing. Still hilarious. My day is still made.

Edit: the dude in the ship ran out and crouched on his buddy's corpse. So he really did shoot his pal in the back and kill him.

Double Edit: And then teabagged him.

Edited by Assoonasitis

First base attack was sebillians (their base). Hugged the walls ether side of the doorway, activated the 20 odd aliens in the command centre so they'd run out.

2 turns later I'd killed 8 and the aliens had killed 5 of their own. Mostly Reapers too! Good times.

Big pile of corpses outside the door, and the next 15 turns was carefully spotting and taking out the Defense-behavioured aliens.

Didn't lose anyone which was good. Then the next 2 bases found are Androns which I'm not willing to try yet because Plasma Cannons ><

First mission. Sebillians. One runs out of his ship, spots my dudes. His buddy from inside takes two shots, hits the first guy in the back twice, suppressing him, not killing. Still hilarious. My day is still made.

Edit: the dude in the ship ran out and crouched on his buddy's corpse. So he really did shoot his pal in the back and kill him.

Double Edit: And then teabagged him.

Comissssssar Sebillian Breakfast Food: I told you to get out there and fight coward!

Just had a mission where I used to new global range of the Chinook. Long flight from Soviet Union to the US to bag a Corvette's precious loot.

Mission starts, no aliens near the start zone. During the alien turn, I hear a Sebbie burn to death.

Mission Successful!

Turns out the only survivor died in flames.

question: do the aircraft go around the map in the same way the radar ranges now do? You know, I've not bothered to check.

... quick look .... even the Chinook with near global range runs conveniently out of fuel at the edge of the map? anyone else have more success with that?

Just captured a Cruiser with a team of rookies. Sure, I outnumbered the aliens slightly, but it was done! Only 3 died, all of them to Plasma Cannons. *shakes fist*

Really looking forward to the point-blank range accuracy fix though.

More fun from my front, I took on a fully intact Landing Ship at night. Everyone had Wolf, 4 laser carbines, 2 Scatter lasers and 2 Precision lasers.

By the time I hunted down the last alien in the darkness I had a single MG trooper left. It was the most exhilarating, terrifying mission I've played so far, and due to my own little modifications I got $600,000 at the end of it.

Never going to do it again ><