Build V16.1 Released!

Yes. New fix - go into \assets\units\alien\caesan\guardsupport\weapon.AlienHeavyPlasmaRifle\ and delete the soldier_spectre.xml

That should fix the crashes. Also there's a possible failsafe too. If anyone is sufficiently technically-minded to operate a text editor, please go into /assets/units/aliens/none/ and open up soldier_spectre.xml.

Paste the lines below at the bottom of the file, BEFORE the </state> tag (won't work if you paste it after that).

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_w" anim="vault_NY"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_e" anim="vault_K"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_n" anim="vault_E"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_s" anim="vault_D"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_nw" anim="vault_ENY"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_ne" anim="vault_EK"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_sw" anim="vault_DNY"/>

<anim src="units/alien/none/vault_se" anim="vault_DK"/>

See if that works.

- CTD when I tried to decommission an interceptor (couldn't reproduce it and no crash file, sorry).

- Small buildings in desert military base/airport type map seem to be incorporeal - could walk and see through them. Friendly AI soldiers seemed to respect walls though, at least I think they entered/exited buildings normally.

- Probably not a bug, armor type doesn't save in class-specific loadouts. Also, you can't remove armor from soldiers on training, could potentially be annoying in full game.

- CTD when I tried to decommission an interceptor (couldn't reproduce it and no crash file, sorry).

- Small buildings in desert military base/airport type map seem to be incorporeal - could walk and see through them. Friendly AI soldiers seemed to respect walls though, at least I think they entered/exited buildings normally.

- Probably not a bug, armor type doesn't save in class-specific loadouts. Also, you can't remove armor from soldiers on training, could potentially be annoying in full game.

Just answering the last one: The role selection stuff was added in V16. It's nowhere near finished. It is a bug that it doesn't log armour in the load outs though.

As for removing armour from soldiers in training; it's a non issue as training is being removed.

Akylon - no, it won't. Probably. It contains all the fix from the first patch plus some extra ones.

Alas you are right.. I misread and tried on top of the last one.. woops :D

Good thing I keep copies of each release.

On the plus side, it would seem you (Chris) are getting the hang of the patcher.

To help out.. I have V15 to V161 patch built now, its just alot bigger than the V16 to V161

So you can do V15 to V16.1 , then we have the 16.1.v2 patch (Chris's)

http://hern.kenderhome.com/xeno/

V1516_to_V161.exe -- Version 15 or 16 to V16.1

V16_to_V161.exe -- Version 16 to 16.1

V161_to_V161_V2.exe -- Version 16.1 to the 16.1.v2 (16.1.2V2)

MD5 sums are there for all of them, along with the HashChecker util for Windows that can be used if you don't have your own.