Build V16.1 Released!

I'm in the same boat.

Downloading the current standalone V16.1.2.rar freshly from Desura now (they are throttling me to 1MB sec though) and will re-apply everything from scratch.

I'll delete my saves and prefs also so that there is no chance of anything causing a conflict.

Yeah, it won't update the launcher version number. I'd be interested to know if there are any crashes in non-saved missions though. It'll be a bit of a setback if this doesn't work - might mean the bug has a different cause to what we thought.

Ok completely fresh standalone download from Desura (V16.1.2.rar)

-Deleted everything to do with Xenonauts on my system, saves, prefs, old versions, the lot.

-Extracted the files to a clean directory.

-Patched it up successfully using the new exe.

-Started a new game, veteran difficulty.

-Played through 2 desert maps fine.

-Farm map came up, crashed on first hidden movement.

I've just done some testing using the 16.2 patch as well, and got a CTD on the farm map, first round, using a new save.

My hunch is that it is something to do with caesan troops, as battles with sebillian troops almost always play out without hitch--even on the farm map. I had a couple of trouble-free battles against sebillian scouts on the farm map before the CTD farm battle in 16.2 as well.

Unfortunately since the crash often occurs on the first round, I can't confirm that 100%, but it is overwhelmingly the case for me.

It was this way for 16.1 as well, which I've been playing all day and have a game well into november! (it's been a blast, didn't have the oct save bug this time either--that might be related to using the reload-troop-pool workaround, which I didn't use this time, will have to test that))

CTD usually occurs with caesan in terror missions as well, and I have also reproduced that using the 16.2 patch.

Edit: That being said, I also still think it's related to fence jumping...

Edited by Blaster

I managed to complete a saved mission that kept crashing, and I think this was due to spotting the civilian that did the vaulting. This was before applying the 16.2 patch.

The same thing happened on my next farm mission. Same situation, mission would crash a few rounds in, but after some trial, error and a lot of loading, I managed to locate the civilian that kept vaulting over the fence and no more crash. Left a soldier to baby-sit him and I could go a few more rounds until the next civilian did the same. Found him and again it kept the game from crashing. After that I could happily complete the mission.

Following a post of Chris' in the bug report forum about the problem being a missing animation, I tried adding a vault animation set to soldier_spectre.xml in units/alien/none (I pointed to the unused vault animations from ceasan guard, since there weren't any vault sprites in that particular folder).

I've tested the farm map four times with this addition, twice with caesan being present, and haven't had a crash yet. I'll keep trying to see if this stops the CTD.

The vault animation doesn't fit of course, and might be unused for a reason, so it looks a bit silly. But no crashes so far... will keep testing.