Steam Key?

jtgribs

I pre-ordered Xenonauts last January and I don't believe I had the option to request a Steam Key.

I hate Desura. I mean I absolutely despise it. I'd much, much rather have a Steam Key when the game is released. Will I have that option or am I going to be punished for being an early adopter?

Nearly my whole library is on Steam, so I'll be playing the Steam version. It's just simpler when I don't have to log into multiple services to get access to my collection. Plus, I get steam overlay in game by default and it tracks how long I spend with it.

You don't need to be logged on to desura to run the game. only to update it. (but you can use the stand alone download for that as well. And you can always add the game to your steam list manually as long as it's installed on your computer.

I have to admit I have not been impressed by Desura so far.

I found it unintuitive to go to "play" in order to install a game I bought through them, and that I have to manually log in each time, and that it doesn't just start with my game library but instead shows me ads.

When I installed Xenonauts, the download failed four or five times - I never have this problem on Steam.

When I finally finished, I discovered that I have the same MCF problem others have mentioned, and it had all been for nothing. I eventually downloaded the standalone instead and am now much happier not to bother with Desura.

also cant wait for game on steam...preorder xeno and had massive chew getting desura to let me run it steam generally better

however asked desura support for help with xeno and they fixed it in less than 18 hours .asked steam support for help 3 days ago still waiting for reply......

steam generally runs and looks better than desura but i also like decent support so im 50/50

Steam likely has a much larger budget to play with.

I reckon Desura would be equally flashy if they had access to the same funds.

I think of it in the same way as I do games.

Steam is the big budget company while Desura is the little indie dev.

You may not want to support the little guy which is fine, but I don't think it's fair to criticise them for not equalling the AAA studios.

valve is closer to AAAA :P

while i don't like desura much myself, the program is clunky and whatnot, i see where it is needed, valve won't host games untill they are done/almost done/you are going to charge money for it. desura is for everything before that point. use it and move on to steam when you have the ability to get the much wider audience :P