[v25.3 - General] Memory leak

Czuat

This game makes A LOT of auto game saves.  I think I'd prefer it if it only made one general auto-save in tactical combat for the turn, and overwrote that when you hit end turn for the next turn.  If I'm in a pinch and want to backtrack, I can do my own manual saving along the way without the need for all these extra autosaves.  Same deal with air combat - one autosave for aerial battles that records over the last battle when you start a new one - at that point, my last air battle's been resolved and I'm accepting the consequences, so no need for separate saves unless, again, I want to manual do some.

1 hour ago, Wyldefyre_CP said:

This game makes A LOT of auto game saves.  I think I'd prefer it if it only made one general auto-save in tactical combat for the turn, and overwrote that when you hit end turn for the next turn.  If I'm in a pinch and want to backtrack, I can do my own manual saving along the way without the need for all these extra autosaves.  Same deal with air combat - one autosave for aerial battles that records over the last battle when you start a new one - at that point, my last air battle's been resolved and I'm accepting the consequences, so no need for separate saves unless, again, I want to manual do some.

The massive amount of autosaves is there to fix this bug specifically and will be reverted once the bug is properly found and patched (at least from my understanding). 

I've been experiencing some of this too. I previously thought that it was caused by the massive amount of autosaves, but it must be something different seeing that it is affecting people on ironman mode. 

Yeah, this was first reported a couple of weeks ago we're planning to investigate the problem this month. It does indeed look like we have a memory leak, and you can reproduce it fairly easily just by repeatedly loading a save game.

What this means is that right now after every tactical mission the game will use more and more memory until you restart the game. But hopefully we can address it now we know how to reproduce it.

I don't think it has anything to do with the number of save games themselves though.