breogan

Recover objects from missions

5 posts in this topic

In Xenonauts 1, I miss to recover objects in missions (Crashed UFO or Terror City), to use or sell objects taken in battlefield (like weapons, ufo entertainment, ufo power, grenades, recharge clips, etc). You are able to use it in the mission, but when you return to the base, you will loss it. Why you loss it? Will you be able to recover objects in Xenonauts 2?

The game is very nice.

Thank you.

Yeah I enjoyed scavenging alien grenades. I remember there was a lot more of that kind of thing in the original games because you used the same ammo and missiles as the aliens so there was quite a bit of bounty to be had. But I can see why most objects get scrapped immediately - what is the point in holding on to ufo-entertainment if you're ultimately going to sell it anyway!    

1 person likes this

It's definitely something we can consider. It's pretty easy to change between both ways of doing it, it's just a question of whether more players prefer to have the alien gear sold automatically or whether they'd like to do it themselves from the base stores at a later date!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Ninothree said:

what is the point in holding on to ufo-entertainment if you're ultimately going to sell it anyway!    

hehehe... only to sell and earn some money..   :-D

I do like the idea of recovering objects and choosing whether to keep or sell. Especially with alien weapons and grenades. Even alien power systems and such.

I would say the simplest solution would be: If the player can use it in some form (even if not the most ideal way)...give it to them, don't auto sell. If it has no in game function for the player...auto-sell it.

I'd suggest the same with alien corpses and captives to be honest. 

maybe have different alien leaders and commanders have different info, so random lottery of what your interrogation turns up?  Or other alien classes to get other info? (Alien engineers, medics, navigators/pilots etc.)

Edited by CommissarGeneralClark