Female mod

oracle1990

Hey so quick question about female soldiers in game. I (and I expect I'm not alone) would prefer not to have female soldiers forced upon me. Will there be a way to turn this option off?

Yes, it is an option: Do not play the game!

Yes, I get a litle pissed when I see comments like this.

Try opening up soldiernamesfemale.xml in the assets folder and look at the tags labelled "chance=#" and change those numbers to 0.

That might work the way you want it to.

To make it easier you could maybe just delete or rename that file and see how it goes.

There was a comment where someone deleted the file and it appears to have just made females invisible in the game.

Only post I saw related to that said 'some stuff from the assets folder' and didn't mention the soldier name files specifically.

I couldn't tell what had been deleted so assumed it was animation related as it was the animations that were affected.

Won't know unless someone tries it and posts back about the effects.

Ah ha ha ha okay so this is kind of fun!

I'm in the wrong folder, looks like. I messed around with that soldiernamesfemale folder and I only succeeded in limiting how many names they have to choose from! :P Half my team is still missing their Y-chromosomes.

I just need to find the right folder, I think...nothing is standing out, yet, though.

Edited by Oktober

Won't know unless someone tries it and posts back about the effects.

Okay so I've been messing around in the assets folder for a while, now. Deleting stuff from the soldierimagesfemale folder renders them invisible. Changing the "chance=#" to in the soldiernamesfemale folder breaks the game. Setting them all to 1 doesn't have an impact on the regularity with which female soldiers are assigned to the team. It just gives them a very small pool of names from which to choose.

I thought I was on to something with the gameconfig folder, but despite the fact that it has a "SOLDIER GENERATION VARIABLES" section, the only thing under that heading is the soldiers' age-range. There's a way to modify the cost to recruit soldiers in there, so I may be able to just cheat my way around the issue by dismissing female soldiers and just hiring tons of them on the cheap until I have enough male soldiers to fill out my ranks.

I'm needing to uninstall and re-install, though. All my monkeying around has rendered the whole thing pretty unstable.

I can't shake the feeling that it's somewhere in there and I'm just not finding it. I dunno where else to look, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a command in gameconfig.xml that controls the % chance of female soldiers spawning. Just set it 0% if you want no women and 100% if you want all women. Simple.

You sure about that?

I set it to 100, but when I started a new game, a 'David Cook' was there.