[V 9.5 - Gound Combat - Quick Combat] - game frozen or ?

I tested quick combat and the game froze at this point. It was during hidden movement, maybee end of it.

I am able to move the marker around (see pictures), animation is running - but there are a sound from "cyberdisk" going in constant loop.

Clip0001.jpg

Clip0002.jpg

I am not able to select anything or scroll.

I would say it is around turn 10-13.

Clip0001.jpg

Clip0002.jpg

Clip0001.thumb.jpg.63b9041938eb14747d732

Clip0002.thumb.jpg.fa527c765bcf9aafde7f3

Pretty sure I had this happen at least once in 9.4 as well, lockup but not while displaying the hidden movement screen.

I definitely have had with 9.4 an issue during hidden movement on the terror mission as you describe, where I get what I assume is the HMSF and hear the same sound looping continuously.

I am still waiting for 9.5 to finish updating.

Looking forward to playing the hell out of 9.5 to see if I can reproduce.

I can confirm this bug too, just happened to me, version 9.5.1. Its the cyberdisk sound playing endlessly in the hidden movement phase of a terror mission. I can upload the video if its usefull for debugging...

I don't know if this info is usefull, but i have tried to play the terror mission 3 times and on all of them this bug had happened. On the first 2 times, i just choose quick battle and then loaded my last saved game. On the third try, i chose quick battle, then new game, created a base and the terror mission started.

I'll have the coder look into it ASAP. Out of interest, if you open up "levelsetup_quickbattle.xml" in assets.xml and delete the lines:

<Alien name="AI 6" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />

<Alien name="AI 7" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="defensive" />

<Alien name="AI 8" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />

<Alien name="AI 9" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="defensive" />

Does it stop happening? That should stop the drones spawning, which will let us tell if it is linked to them specifically or is a wider bug.

I'll have the coder look into it ASAP. Out of interest, if you open up "levelsetup_quickbattle.xml" in assets.xml and delete the lines:

<Alien name="AI 6" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />

<Alien name="AI 7" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="defensive" />

<Alien name="AI 8" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />

<Alien name="AI 9" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="defensive" />

Does it stop happening? That should stop the drones spawning, which will let us tell if it is linked to them specifically or is a wider bug.

Instead of removing the lines, i changed the 2 defensive drones to offensive, and then was able to play a terror mission to the end. :) The problem seems to be with the defensive drones.

Edited by xcom

Instead of removing the lines, i changed the 2 defensive drones to offensive, and then was able to play a terror mission to the end. :) The problem seems to be with the defensive drones.

Now i got the bug also with offensive drones.