Offer of assistance

A heads up: Make sure they aren't just regular differencies between Brittish English and American English before you correct them. We had someone comment on something in a xenopedia article that turned out to simply be spelled differently in Bittish English.

I believe it was artefact (Brittish) vs artifact (American)

Yes I noticed several as well. Got screenshots of 'em and got my red marker out ;)

So far noticed spelling errors in Alien Invasion, Alien Power Source, Caesan Autopsy, Sebillian Autopsy- and that is taking British English into account.

Felt the urge to report them in the bug section but hadn't got around to it. Figured they were not high priority at this time being as we're still in alpha and all, but now that I think about it, it'd be good to put our best face forward for the kickstarter. You know like if you have a great CV but it is full of spelling and grammatical errors some hiring managers will just toss it without much thought.

I think it could be either but I am no where near to 100% being on that.

I noticed a lot of the whole Honour/honor colour/color type spelling stuff myself but at least I knew it was just differentiations in possible spelling options rather than being wrong. There are some just plain typos though which I think we should try to make a list of (using screenshots if possible) before the press release demo and kickstarter begin just so it looks the very best it can look to new eyes.

is 'torpedos' a british american thing? It's supposed to be torpedoes, right?

What I do (since neither is my native language) I just hop on over to wiktionary and look up both spellings.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/torpedos#English

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/torpedoes#English

Seems both are acceptable but doesn't list any as preffered in either British or American English.

Yes, please post up the spelling errors in this thread. I guess I probably should update to torpedoes now, thinking about it. That is the more commonly accepted spelling now you mention it. It doesn't take long to update the Xenopedia text so I'm happy to do so.

Gorlom, I've never seen spell it "Brittish", so you should probably avoid doing that.

This is what I've come up with so far:

Alien Invasion.jpg

Alien Invasion research complete, "UNLIMITED" spelled incorrectly in Summary.

Alien Power Source.jpg

Alien Power Source research complete, "a obvious" should be "an obvious."

Caesan Autopsy.jpg

Caesan Autopsy research complete, "PHYSICALLY" spelled incorrectly in Summary.

Research Screen - Alenium.jpg

Base Research screen, "Weaponry" spelled incorrectly and "vacuum" spelled incorrectly in Project Summary for Alenium.

Research Screen - Alien Power Source.jpg

Base Research screen, "believed" spelled incorrectly in Project Summary for Alien Power Source.

Continued in next post...

Alien Invasion.jpg

Alien Power Source.jpg

Caesan Autopsy.jpg

Research Screen - Alenium.jpg

Research Screen - Alien Power Source.jpg

577e7c8b24061_AlienInvasion.thumb.jpg.95

577e7c8b291a6_AlienPowerSource.thumb.jpg

577e7c8b2fa17_CaesanAutopsy.thumb.jpg.83

577e7c8b35139_ResearchScreen-Alenium.thu

577e7c8b399c4_ResearchScreen-AlienPowerS

Sebillian Autopsy.jpg

Sebillian Autopsy research complete, "REPTILIAN" is misspelled in the Summary.

Alien Plasma Rifle.jpg

Alien Plasma Rifle, not a spelling error per se, but a substantial overuse of the word 'substantial' and derivatives within the same paragraph ;)

Will let you know if I find any more. Keep up the good work, I am really looking forward to the next release and excited about the upcoming public build and kickstarter!

Sebillian Autopsy.jpg

Alien Plasma Rifle.jpg

577e7c8b3fe70_SebillianAutopsy.thumb.jpg

577e7c8b46f38_AlienPlasmaRifle.thumb.jpg