reserve AP for kneeling and if enabled make soldier kneel automatically when switchin

xcom

I find this stuff annoying and i really want this. Sorry if something like this has already been posted, but i didn't find anything which looks exactly like this. First, have an option to reserve AP for kneeling, separated for every soldier, just as there is already many options for reaction fire. This should not be difficult.

Then, if possible i would like an option (maybe enabled using the same button as the one above, or not) in which if the soldier has enough APs (for kneeling plus reaction fire), he kneels automatically when the player switches out of him.

Someone might say that this is bad because he likes to keep switching soldiers before really doing something, but then don't enable the automatic kneel option or take into consideration that kneeling consumes very little APs, so just ignore it. Maybe having an individual and global (entire squad) option, for that situation, and then the last one clicked (individual vs global) is used for each soldier ?

I know it seems a bit complicated but maybe it just seems complicated but really isn't ?

You know, having to make every soldier kneel on every combat in the hole campaign is annoying...

************* EDITED **************

How about this: the soldier only kneels automatically when there is at least APs to kneel plus APs to reaction fire if he selected that AND he kneels ONLY at the end of the turn ?

Seems to me this would work...

Edited by xcom

The automatic kneeling seems like a bad idea. not only because you might want to go back to that guy for wahtever reason, but contributs to "automating too much" feeling.

I'd very much like the "reserve AP for kneeling" button. I dunno what happened with it since Chris has had that sugestion before. Did it not fit on the slider or something?

OR maybe a tool to change the behavior of soldier during reaction fire

f.ex if my soldier has 35 ap and needs 19 ap for a snapshot and 29 for a fully aimed shot then he should kneel (unless there is an obstacle or something to ruin the shot if kneeled)

but then again if he's 2 spaces from a door and an enemy appears with not less than 33% chance to hit and he has 45 ap it's ok not to go prone and just use burst fire....

actually i think there's a LOT of programming right there....

I seem to remember in the first build I played that the guys would automatically kneel when they got to cover. And there was no cost to doing so.

I have the feeling that it was more just an indication that they were in cover at that stage.

Does kneeling in the open actually make you harder to hit at the moment?

It does not let your buddies shoot over you, does it?

The automatic kneeling seems like a bad idea. not only because you might want to go back to that guy for wahtever reason

I still think the suggestion i posted would not only work, but be very easy to implement. The soldier only kneels automatically if he has reserved APs for that plus reserved APs for reaction fire if the player has choosen that. All soldiers kneel at the end of turn. If you want to go back to another soldier, that's fine, because they only kneel at the end of turn. Also, it would not automate the game too much, because this option would be optional for each soldier, just like the reserved APs for reaction fire.

All problems solved and simple to implement. In the developers point of view, its like this: at the end of turn the first thing you do is check all soldiers to see which ones have automatic kneel enabled. For them, call the routine which makes them kneel. Then continue with the end of turn procedures.