[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

21 hours ago, Paulo Brito said:

Is Fire in the Hole compatible with X-Division?

So, I spent some time and tracked down the original dev of the compatibility mod. The mod is hosted on Steam, and had been made unavailable at some point, and the dev didn't remember why or how. It's back up. Here's a link. Steam Workshop::X-Division Fire in the Hole (steamcommunity.com)

Edited by Torlo
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Torlo said:

Well. Yeah. Though I would mention, if you want a less cheaty but still easier time, just increase UFO dismantling resources slightly. This way when you win you get more for it.

Where's the strings for UFO dismantling located? The alenium and alloy gains from dismantling are pretty bad in an unjustifiable way the more I look at it now (2 alenium for an entire bomber cruiser)

Edited by vibroknife

8 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Where's the strings for UFO dismantling located? The alenium and alloy gains from dismantling are pretty bad in an unjustifiable way the more I look at it now (2 alenium for an entire bomber cruiser)

\Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\tiles\UFO\bombercruiser\

bombercruiserdatacore_damaged_spectre
bombercruiserdatacore_spectre

19 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

\Xenonauts\assets\mods\X-Division\tiles\UFO\bombercruiser\

bombercruiserdatacore_damaged_spectre
bombercruiserdatacore_spectre

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Also I seem to be getting a lot of crashes during air combat in phase 2/3, any common causes or notes on that? I've had a couple ground combat crashes but they're rare 

One of the times this came up. 

runtime.JPG

Edited by vibroknife

15 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Also I seem to be getting a lot of crashes during air combat in phase 2/3, any common causes or notes on that? I've had a couple ground combat crashes but they're rare 

One of the times this came up. 

runtime.JPG

If you read Xenopedia description, putting two anti missile on same aircraft is NOT recommended at all. That could be reason.

Edit: Two anti missile on same aircraft immediately crashed for me.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

On 8/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

If you read Xenopedia description, putting two anti missile on same aircraft is NOT recommended at all. That could be reason.

Edit: Two anti missile on same aircraft immediately crashed for me.

Interesting! That would make a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how I can encounter the xeno empress?? I sacrificed a private to a facehugger, and he eventually turned into a crimson queen, but didn't evolve further into an empress. Did I perhaps not wait long enough? Or does the queen never evolve into an empress? And in that case how does one encounter an empress? Thanks!!

8 hours ago, Hermes said:

Does anyone know how I can encounter the xeno empress?? I sacrificed a private to a facehugger, and he eventually turned into a crimson queen, but didn't evolve further into an empress. Did I perhaps not wait long enough? Or does the queen never evolve into an empress? And in that case how does one encounter an empress? Thanks!!

IIRC Empresses are quite rare. You should encounter one with enough luck. Usually on larger UFOs or big alien bases.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hermes said:

Thanks for your response. Have you encountered one? Do they look like a crimson queen?

It checked if I had captured one alive (looking at Xenopedia entries), but it seems I didn't bother to capture too many Xenomorphs alive. I still think I have encountered some.

They look pretty much like Xenomorph Queen.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:05 PM, Torlo said:

So, I spent some time and tracked down the original dev of the compatibility mod. The mod is hosted on Steam, and had been made unavailable at some point, and the dev didn't remember why or how. It's back up. Here's a link. Steam Workshop::X-Division Fire in the Hole (steamcommunity.com)

If there is enough interest I could be persuaded to update the mod.

Currently having a great time with the mod, now in Phase 4 but something has me stumped.

Anyone have any input on the balancing philosophy of Gauss firearms? I believe I unlocked both Gauss and Rail tech in the start of phase 4 up to mk3 around roughly the same couple months, but Rail firearms seem to be vastly superior than Gauss in mitigation, damage, and accuracy by about 20%ish. I remember the pedia saying Gauss is basically 2.0 of Division tech and Rail is a less spray-and-pray alternative to Mag, however in my experience Rail is superior to all kinetics. 

The only real benefit I found is that Mk3 Rail weapons require about double the alenium compared to their Gauss mk3 counterparts, and Gauss weapons have a few digits less of weight encumbrance (although a few digits of weight haven't been an issue with high level soldiers at this point in phase4). 

If I had to guess, Gauss mk3 is only ideal if you have a high turnover rate of dead soldiers and as a result have less average weight threshold and spend a lot of alenium on equipment replacement? 

If that is the case, I feel like that should be highlighted as the main benefit to advanced Gauss in the pedia as the pedia seems to imply they have unique combat applications from each other in early iterations, but doesn't expand on it further. 

I am also now thinking that I somehow slacked on Gauss research objectives earlier in the campaign and was supposed to start production in phase 2/3? But I remember the stats between mk3 mag and Gauss mk1-2 made the mag seem a bit more preferable towards mag tech if that was the case (but maybe that's just personal preference).  

11 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Currently having a great time with the mod, now in Phase 4 but something has me stumped.

Anyone have any input on the balancing philosophy of Gauss firearms? I believe I unlocked both Gauss and Rail tech in the start of phase 4 up to mk3 around roughly the same couple months, but Rail firearms seem to be vastly superior than Gauss in mitigation, damage, and accuracy by about 20%ish. I remember the pedia saying Gauss is basically 2.0 of Division tech and Rail is a less spray-and-pray alternative to Mag, however in my experience Rail is superior to all kinetics. 

The only real benefit I found is that Mk3 Rail weapons require about double the alenium compared to their Gauss mk3 counterparts, and Gauss weapons have a few digits less of weight encumbrance (although a few digits of weight haven't been an issue with high level soldiers at this point in phase4). 

If I had to guess, Gauss mk3 is only ideal if you have a high turnover rate of dead soldiers and as a result have less average weight threshold and spend a lot of alenium on equipment replacement? 

If that is the case, I feel like that should be highlighted as the main benefit to advanced Gauss in the pedia as the pedia seems to imply they have unique combat applications from each other in early iterations, but doesn't expand on it further. 

I am also now thinking that I somehow slacked on Gauss research objectives earlier in the campaign and was supposed to start production in phase 2/3? But I remember the stats between mk3 mag and Gauss mk1-2 made the mag seem a bit more preferable towards mag tech if that was the case (but maybe that's just personal preference).  

As expected, Rail is "newer" than Gauss and so Rail should be better overall. And is. Just like Pulse is better than Laser overall.

I think problem is that Gauss weaponry is Phase 3 stuff and Rail is phase 4 stuff. And basically previous gen mk3 roughly matches next gen mk1. So Gauss mk3 should be roughly equal to Rail mk1, however mk1 weapons do not require so much special materials that again makes comparison somewhat difficult.

For Mag vs Gauss, Gauss weaponry have surprisingly good reaction modifiers, even minigun has something usable. That makes huge difference for using reaction shots.

For Gauss vs Rail, as expected. Gauss mk1 roughly matches Rail mk1 but Rail MK3 stuff is of course better overall. Nothing too special there.

5 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

As expected, Rail is "newer" than Gauss and so Rail should be better overall. And is. Just like Pulse is better than Laser overall.

I think problem is that Gauss weaponry is Phase 3 stuff and Rail is phase 4 stuff. And basically previous gen mk3 roughly matches next gen mk1. So Gauss mk3 should be roughly equal to Rail mk1, however mk1 weapons do not require so much special materials that again makes comparison somewhat difficult.

For Mag vs Gauss, Gauss weaponry have surprisingly good reaction modifiers, even minigun has something usable. That makes huge difference for using reaction shots.

For Gauss vs Rail, as expected. Gauss mk1 roughly matches Rail mk1 but Rail MK3 stuff is of course better overall. Nothing too special there.

I see, sounds like I got gauss a bit late to use it properly.  Still, in a second playthrough I may skip over them since rail comes not long after. The reaction fire modifier is pretty interesting though 

Edited by vibroknife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi (I'am Maximusus01 from steam platform) can I talk to |DoS| VibroKnife from the steam he did say "You may also send me a friend request, and I can try and answer further questions you might have." So can you give me info how The ship datacore is named and which file is (give one), so I will try to change its HP. Next I did say that weapons stats of MK2 are the same that MK1 so can you share me what was the idea of that approach? In my opinion the stats for damage should be up to 10 - 20 percent, MK2 weapons should be more accurate in general better but thay are not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm running 1.00.10 got this annoying lil bug. Fortunately rare, but the enemy can turn itself invisible and untargetable, while also being able to shoot at him. First time was with a Robo-Reaper that I just thought I didn't have proper eyes on or something. 

Second time is with a Medium Drone, where I watched it shoot me and then vanish off the map. They are very much still there, I just killed it with free targetting, but it makes gameplay a lil awkward. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for a great mod! It's a big pleasure to play it!

I have a question: is it a bug or a feature?
If in the end of ground combat, any alien's weapon/shield equipped by xenonauts - it will NOT be shown on the battle result screen (in "Items Recovered" list).

But, if I drop all caesan's mini-shields - they ALL will appear on result screen.
While, if I drop all alien's weapons - ONLY FEW of them will appear on result screen.

If it's not a bug - how does it work?
Bcs when I have 4 equipped alien's weapons (2 of them were NOT used even for 1 shot) - and I drop them - only 1 weapon appear on result screen. Expected to see either 0, or 2, or 4 - but not 1.
While ALL dropped caesan's mini-shields appear on result screen - even damaged.

If it's not a bug, would be very good to notice about it in xenopedia.

Or, at least, in hints between combats.

Edited by egorrishe
formatting