[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

2 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Save games are located on Xenonauts folder under Documents folder %userprofile%\Documents or directly %userprofile%\Documents\xenonauts

Just upload save file somewhere.

Aliens have armor and/or shield that makes no damage indicator until either of those is depleted. Shotguns have pretty bad mitigation but they also do stun damage. Sounds like normal for me. Looking your save game easily tells if there is something wrong.

I see, that's what I thought as the xenopedia mentions alien armor resistance to ballistics but it wasn't clear without 'resisted' text or any audible/visual impact to hits when it happens. It definitely wasn't the same kind of resistance I get with androns in vanilla. 

I played a bit more and it seemed an alien capture was a prereq for unlocking infantry tech (or maybe just a coincidence when it happened). So I managed to upgrade to lasers and found that more effective for penetrating armor which is good to know now. 

I guess that leads me to another question is what (if any) are the combat roll variables added with this mod and/or damage changes? I've had some really unusual luck than normal hitting all three shots on automatic fire with 10% hitchance and other times getting equally unlucky, but maybe my experience is just being unique. 

I've included a save file just in case there are any oddities 

(EDIT: Look at the laser gatling if you can. It says it only holds three shots and is doing 5 dmg to caesan at 40% hc one tile from the enemy, somethings def up there)

Autosave3.sav

Edited by vibroknife

9 hours ago, vibroknife said:

I see, that's what I thought as the xenopedia mentions alien armor resistance to ballistics but it wasn't clear without 'resisted' text or any audible/visual impact to hits when it happens. It definitely wasn't the same kind of resistance I get with androns in vanilla.

I played a bit more and it seemed an alien capture was a prereq for unlocking infantry tech (or maybe just a coincidence when it happened). So I managed to upgrade to lasers and found that more effective for penetrating armor which is good to know now. 

I guess that leads me to another question is what (if any) are the combat roll variables added with this mod and/or damage changes? I've had some really unusual luck than normal hitting all three shots on automatic fire with 10% hitchance and other times getting equally unlucky, but maybe my experience is just being unique. 

I've included a save file just in case there are any oddities 

(EDIT: Look at the laser gatling if you can. It says it only holds three shots and is doing 5 dmg to caesan at 40% hc one tile from the enemy, somethings def up there)

Resisted means shot did not penetrate armor. You won't see that if shield stopped shot, no matter who carried shield. And Caesans always have shield. You can use them too btw.

Alien captures are important for getting better weapons. Sorry for major spoiler :D Live Caesan Guard unlocked laser weapons FYI.

Damage is 50-150% of "normal" damage. For accuracy, 3*10% is 1/1000, not that rare tbh. More about accuracy https://xenonauts.fandom.com/wiki/Accuracy_System Not certain about this but accuracy percentage may present chance for direct hit, since scots scatter, even "miss" may hit if scatter is low enough.

Save file looks OK.

Gatling laser is failed lab experiment. Not every development produces useful weapons. In other words, it's what it is supposed to be. Failed experiment, crap weapon, don't use it. If you read description, that pretty much say it sucks. And it definitely does.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

5 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Resisted means shot did not penetrate armor. You won't see that if shield stopped shot, no matter who carried shield. And Caesans always have shield. You can use them too btw.

Alien captures are important for getting better weapons. Sorry for major spoiler :D Live Caesan Guard unlocked laser weapons FYI.

Damage is 50-150% of "normal" damage. For accuracy, 3*10% is 1/1000, not that rare tbh. More about accuracy https://xenonauts.fandom.com/wiki/Accuracy_System Not certain about this but accuracy percentage may present chance for direct hit, since scots scatter, even "miss" may hit if scatter is low enough.

Save file looks OK.

Gatling laser is failed lab experiment. Not every development produces useful weapons. In other words, it's what it is supposedInteresting, ty for info. Bit of a shame as I always liked the heavy laser in vanilla, I'll keep an eye on the reports.  to be. Failed experiment, crap weapon, don't use it. If you read description, that pretty much say it sucks. And it definitely does.

Interesting, ty for info. Bit of a shame as I always liked the heavy laser in vanilla, I'll keep an eye on the reports. 

How am I expected to deal with xenomorph facehuggers? They're making terrorist missions impossible. I can't tell when I'm getting infected and suddenly turn into a xenomorph tank? I tried destroying the eggs with flamer but I would just get instakilled by cas overwatch. I'm not understanding what's expected of me here. 

Capture one Facehugger alive and kill rest. Since Facehugger movement trigger reaction fire, they are very slow and Facehuggers have very few hit points, I never had any problem with them.

In short, just kill them when you have one alive. Probably easiest opponents of whole game. First terror mission might be very hard on ground combat if alien craft is intact. There are lots of aliens and your equipment is not top notch.

7 hours ago, vibroknife said:

How am I expected to deal with xenomorph facehuggers? They're making terrorist missions impossible. I can't tell when I'm getting infected and suddenly turn into a xenomorph tank? I tried destroying the eggs with flamer but I would just get instakilled by cas overwatch. I'm not understanding what's expected of me here. 

Looking at your save game, there is quite a lot you could do better. But perhaps most obvious one is that your strike teams don't have a single shield carrier. While Xenonauts ground combat is not impossible without shields (especially on NG difficulty), shields make ground combat Much easier. You seem to have multiple casualties on each mission. On Phase 1 (around first three months), I didn't have single one when playing "NG+2,5" difficulty (many settings modified, overall difficulty somewhere between NG+2 and -). Naturally I had 2-4 shield carriers per mission.

1 hour ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Capture one Facehugger alive and kill rest. Since Facehugger movement trigger reaction fire, they are very slow and Facehuggers have very few hit points, I never had any problem with them.

In short, just kill them when you have one alive. Probably easiest opponents of whole game. First terror mission might be very hard on ground combat if alien craft is intact. There are lots of aliens and your equipment is not top notch.

It's not killing the facehuggers that's an issue its seeing them since there's no targeting for them and the alien turn spectator skips their movement half the time. I don't agree at all that they're slow, they move many tiles at a time and my overwatch has reacted once to them, missing them. I'm getting constantly infected by them with no way of knowing. They don't seem to attack they just move then disappear, then suddenly I turn into a xenomorph tank. There's no warning signs/indication of a potential infection? How is it feasible that this happens and your men aren't aware of it? There's no way to prevent this from happening during a turn? I tried meticulously to keep my men in a formation covering all angles so this wouldn't happen and it still happens regardless of what I do. 

Edited by vibroknife

4 minutes ago, vibroknife said:

It's not killing the facehuggers that's an issue its seeing them since there's no targeting for them and the alien turn spectator skips their movement half the time. I don't agree at all that they're slow, they move many tiles at a time and my overwatch has reacted once to them, missing them. I'm getting constantly infected by them with no way of knowing. They don't seem to attack they just move then disappear, then suddenly I turn into a xenomorph tank. There's no warning signs/indication of a potential infection? How is it feasible that this happens and your men aren't aware of it? There's no way to prevent this from happening during a turn? I tried meticulously to keep my men in a formation covering all angles so this wouldn't happen and it still happens regardless of what I do. 

IIRC alien icons on right apply also for Facehuggers. That way you can target them. If you move when next to Facehugger, you get infected. Remember you can turn without moving using right click.

You can also upload savegame, I see if there is something wrong.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, henito said:

Good morning, i come to report a bug, i am on the first terror mission, and from nothing 2 of soldiers turn on zombies on turn 6 (i think), they dont have received any damage from the black aliens, that facehugger was killed far from my soldiers... I cant understand. The most strange case was forom a shield soldier that have low thus, he even participate on the battle and become a zombie, no alien come near him. The giant disk shoot at them but the beam pass far away.

Obs.: As i say, no aliens come near that 2 soldiers, the got no damage physical or shoot and one of them was far from battle.

Sorry my poor english.

This guy shares my exact sentiment. 

1 minute ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

IIRC alien icons on right apply also for Facehuggers. That way you can target them. If you move when next to Facehugger, you get infected. Remember you can turn without moving using right click.

You can also upload savegame, I see if there is something wrong.

I gave up on the terrorist mission it was way too hard. Maybe if I get another one. I will check if alien icons mark for facehuggers, I don't think I noticed it. 

Is there a way I can remove the xenomorph enemies myself from the mod? I don't find being punished for successful overwatch to be fun, in addition to all the facehugger stuff. It's very disappointing as I enjoyed them at first but this is overboard. Unless there's massive tech defenses against them soon I'm pretty much save scumming every encounter with them because of stuff like this being mostly out of my control. 

Still keeping on lookout for facehuggers to adopt 

4 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Looking at your save game, there is quite a lot you could do better. But perhaps most obvious one is that your strike teams don't have a single shield carrier. While Xenonauts ground combat is not impossible without shields (especially on NG difficulty), shields make ground combat Much easier. You seem to have multiple casualties on each mission. On Phase 1 (around first three months), I didn't have single one when playing "NG+2,5" difficulty (many settings modified, overall difficulty somewhere between NG+2 and -). Naturally I had 2-4 shield carriers per mission.

Also I wouldn't mind hearing some tips. Most of my time has been spent exploring what the mod offers than hard stratting. I've managed to optimize my bases a lot better the past day (vanilla never really forced me to do that before so that was nice) and I made a big mistake by not investing in armor sooner. I have PTSD from my first save in xeno vanilla where I put in too many resources into the 1st or 2nd armor set and it really got me into trouble.

I'm not sure why I haven't tried shields, I guess I assumed the mod was going to make them crumble to any direct overwatch fire. I'll try those

Edited by vibroknife

6 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Is there a way I can remove the xenomorph enemies myself from the mod? I don't find being punished for successful overwatch to be fun, in addition to all the facehugger stuff. It's very disappointing as I enjoyed them at first but this is overboard. Unless there's massive tech defenses against them soon I'm pretty much save scumming every encounter with them because of stuff like this being mostly out of my control. 

Also I wouldn't mind hearing some tips. Most of my time has been spent exploring what the mod offers than hard stratting. I've managed to optimize my bases a lot better the past day (vanilla never really forced me to do that before so that was nice) and I made a big mistake by not investing in armor sooner. I have PTSD from my first save in xeno vanilla where I put in too many resources into the 1st or 2nd armor set and it really got me into trouble.

I'm not sure why I haven't tried shields, I guess I assumed the mod was going to make them crumble to any direct overwatch fire. I'll try those

bro how did you not have wolf armor at this point ? or even fox armour WTF 

1 hour ago, weima said:

bro how did you not have wolf armor at this point ? or even fox armour WTF 

Non-researchable, as I already mentioned before. I only just got andron p1 research completed/unlocked (need more captures), I held off on jackal initially as I thought wolf would come soon as it does in vanilla but it didn't, so I've substituted armor for bodies to farm alloys. Where are you getting "fox" armor? Surely you mean jackal? 

Edited by vibroknife

17 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Well, you shouldn't keep your soldier so stacked together. That's exactly what could happen when there is something explosive.

For bases, defenses are pretty much useless until later. Better to invest on airplanes. But first, using shields is good starting point for ground combat.

10 hours ago, vibroknife said:

Non-researchable, as I already mentioned before. I only just got andron p1 research completed/unlocked (need more captures), I held off on jackal initially as I thought wolf would come soon as it does in vanilla but it didn't, so I've substituted armor for bodies to farm alloys. Where are you getting "fox" armor? Surely you mean jackal? 

He meant Fox armour. You need to capture more live aliens.

14 hours ago, vibroknife said:

You need to capture in each phases the engeneer of each species ASAP because they unlocke valuable tech without them you are screwed .

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Foxtrot and F-17 are enough for Terror carrier. F-17 shoots down anti missiles and Foxtrot shoots torpedoes. You may lose some Foxtrots but that's war. After shooting down Terror carrier, "something" happens as you might expect. Asierus is useless because lack of anti missile.

Sebillians ARE affected by smoke, at least for X-Division. Too long time since playing vanilla.

i don't really understand what's the point of using f-17. it has anti-missile but it barely does any damage. and drones keep alternating between f-17 and foxtrots anyway. i managed to shoot it down only by sending 2 suicide squads, one is f-17 and double foxtrot and the other one is 3 foxtrots. but f-17 was useless anyway

6 hours ago, Creditor said:

i don't really understand what's the point of using f-17. it has anti-missile but it barely does any damage. and drones keep alternating between f-17 and foxtrots anyway. i managed to shoot it down only by sending 2 suicide squads, one is f-17 and double foxtrot and the other one is 3 foxtrots. but f-17 was useless anyway

F-17 cannot be shot down with drones because of anti missile. Foxtrot can be shot down but since drones are more busy with F-17, you'll lose less Foxtrots if using F-17s with them.

Of course you can use kamikaze tactics but F-17 has some use.

I imagine you aren't running Fire in the Hole, so you can't breach the sides? Hmmm... interesting conundrum. Doubt you have the explosives to just... shatter the plateau? I've never bothered to have the firepower to just blow it up, but every terrain has an hp value.... theoretically... right?

Just now, Torlo said:

I imagine you aren't running Fire in the Hole, so you can't breach the sides? Hmmm... interesting conundrum. Doubt you have the explosives to just... shatter the plateau? I've never bothered to have the firepower to just blow it up, but every terrain has an hp value.... theoretically... right?

Is Fire in the Hole compatible with X-Division?