[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Charon

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still around? I have a research question that I cant figure out. Basically I am capturing almost 90% of aliens that I find but for some reason cant find an ''Officer''. Have captured a ''Chieftain'' countless operators and Sergeants but I seem to still miss an ''Officer'' to help me translate all the data that I researched. Are they supposed to spawn in certain missions? and if its bugged is there a way to unlock it by editing save files? 

12 hours ago, Argonautis said:

Is anyone still around? I have a research question that I cant figure out. Basically I am capturing almost 90% of aliens that I find but for some reason cant find an ''Officer''. Have captured a ''Chieftain'' countless operators and Sergeants but I seem to still miss an ''Officer'' to help me translate all the data that I researched. Are they supposed to spawn in certain missions? and if its bugged is there a way to unlock it by editing save files? 

You have captured chieftains and sergeants but not officers? Still on first phase? IIRC officers appear on second phase.

Until you get on second phase, you probably cannot capture officers. Just play until game progresses to second phase.

9 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

You have captured chieftains and sergeants but not officers? Still on first phase? IIRC officers appear on second phase.

Until you get on second phase, you probably cannot capture officers. Just play until game progresses to second phase.

Yeah I got 2 Terror missions and one of them had chieftain inside. I think that the second chieftain was form a crashed Bomber. Is there a time frame on the phases? How would I know that second phase has begun?

13 hours ago, Argonautis said:

Yeah I got 2 Terror missions and one of them had chieftain inside. I think that the second chieftain was form a crashed Bomber. Is there a time frame on the phases? How would I know that second phase has begun?

Timeframe for phases depends on ticker and ticker depends on difficulty level AND your actions.

Immediately when new phase begins, you will notice it as new UFOs appear. Essentially aliens upgrade basically every UFO for "better" (or at least different) versions. Exceptions are terror missions that follow slightly different ticker.

If you already had two terror missions, you probably are quite late or very on first phase. Better start preparing. Start of second phase is, well, you'll see :)

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

• 2 weeks later...

The mod's pretty decent. Though obviously lacking countless UFOpedia entries.

Also I find a lot of the "spawner" mechanics (like the Androns and their crates) to be rather annoying. If all ACTIVE enemies are down, any units in boxes should count as being defeated. You shouldn't have to sit around for things to pop out (or have to hunt down some crate hidden in a corner somewhere).

Same with xenomorphs. If all the active enemies are down, the infected humans should just count as captured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/26/2023 at 3:40 PM, kalema777 said:

I may have a bug guys. One of my planes I was relocating to other base and is stuck midflight. Cant click it, relocate it again or even destroy

Known bug that IIRC existed on Xenonauts too. Probably too hard to fix on X-Division.

Best advice is to load save before that happened.

• 4 weeks later...

how do you shoot terror carrier down? i only have asierus, f-17 and foxtrot. it is spamming drones that are one-shotting my airplanes. i send 3 foxtrots, one with anti-missile but it only shoots down missiles aimed at that aircraft and it keeps alternating between them. so it's kinda useless as foxtrot only has 1 weapon slot so it can defend itself but doesn't do any damage. asierus can't equip anti-missile so it's powerless against it as well. do you have to use f-17, lol? it can equip both a cannon and the anti-missile. it would be kinda stupid since it's the starting interceptor but seems like it would be better against such an advanced ufo. and it's weird still keeping them on every base only for this ufo. or am i missing some research that would allow for better aircraft?

also a read here that sebillians are actually affected by smoke even though the game states otherwise, and it said it was the case for both x-division and vanilla, is this still true?

4 hours ago, Creditor said:

how do you shoot terror carrier down? i only have asierus, f-17 and foxtrot. it is spamming drones that are one-shotting my airplanes. i send 3 foxtrots, one with anti-missile but it only shoots down missiles aimed at that aircraft and it keeps alternating between them. so it's kinda useless as foxtrot only has 1 weapon slot so it can defend itself but doesn't do any damage. asierus can't equip anti-missile so it's powerless against it as well. do you have to use f-17, lol? it can equip both a cannon and the anti-missile. it would be kinda stupid since it's the starting interceptor but seems like it would be better against such an advanced ufo. and it's weird still keeping them on every base only for this ufo. or am i missing some research that would allow for better aircraft?

also a read here that sebillians are actually affected by smoke even though the game states otherwise, and it said it was the case for both x-division and vanilla, is this still true?

Foxtrot and F-17 are enough for Terror carrier. F-17 shoots down anti missiles and Foxtrot shoots torpedoes. You may lose some Foxtrots but that's war. After shooting down Terror carrier, "something" happens as you might expect. Asierus is useless because lack of anti missile.

Sebillians ARE affected by smoke, at least for X-Division. Too long time since playing vanilla.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

Perhaps download is just corrupted. Try downloading again.

I had to restart the whole process and it seemed to go through. I've been playing a couple hours, however I seem to be seeing the same thing as this guy below. 

On 7/18/2021 at 5:47 AM, LillyanaKabal said:

So, when you shoot an Alien and it goes "Eargh" and no damage number pops up...is that like, the armour soaking all the damage or something? Because it happens very often in early game. And happens all the time with the Shotgun.

On 7/18/2021 at 8:02 AM, Ruthless Reuban said:

Ah, androns. Well, Androns are supposed to be very resistant to ballistic weapons. Nothing wrong there.

However your save game was pretty much messed up. You missed some research projects and had some you really shouldn't have at that point. Quite possibly your installation has something badly wrong.

Most aliens I can only damage at point blank range or else it lands on the enemy with no hit animation and no stat message (but other times I do get the resistance message). Overwatch reflexes never seem to have this problem, however. I thought it was just a ballistics weapons deal but I'm not seeming to get the ability to manufacture any improved infantry weaponry with my research. Unless I'm horribly misunderstanding the progression of the mod maybe something is broken here as well but I don't know how to share saves or where they're located

1 hour ago, vibroknife said:

I had to restart the whole process and it seemed to go through. I've been playing a couple hours, however I seem to be seeing the same thing as this guy below. 

Most aliens I can only damage at point blank range or else it lands on the enemy with no hit animation and no stat message (but other times I do get the resistance message). Overwatch reflexes never seem to have this problem, however. I thought it was just a ballistics weapons deal but I'm not seeming to get the ability to manufacture any improved infantry weaponry with my research. Unless I'm horribly misunderstanding the progression of the mod maybe something is broken here as well but I don't know how to share saves or where they're located

Save games are located on Xenonauts folder under Documents folder %userprofile%\Documents or directly %userprofile%\Documents\xenonauts

Just upload save file somewhere.

Aliens have armor and/or shield that makes no damage indicator until either of those is depleted. Shotguns have pretty bad mitigation but they also do stun damage. Sounds like normal for me. Looking your save game easily tells if there is something wrong.