[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

I fear it wont.. but there wont be any big version downloads like this for a long time.. at least before the air force additions..

Agh, in that case I decided to finish my playthrough with the older version. I'm quite attached to my set up right now, so I don't want to restart yet. I have a helicopter named "Pokecenter" that carries troopers named after pokemon I could remember. I want to see if my Bidoof survives the war. :D

After I finish this playthrough, in which I will not use vehicles, I will then start another, this time with focus on using vehicles in ground combat.

Anyway, I've progressed to fighting corvette ships now. The battles in gc are crazy. Aliens throw grenades, bullets, fireballs and I also met a reaper. Holy shit those guys have tough armor now. I also discovered that stun grenades seem to be very weak. Most aliens just resist it like its nothing. I also fought a drone tank. It killed two of my awesome guys. RIP Zubat and Lickitung. Absolutely brutal.

Thankfully, advanced ballistics are kicking ass. Those things pack some real power. Also unlocked AP rifles and now am trying them out.

All in all, so far I'm having a really good time. Its tense, its chaotic and it feels great.

I am so happy to hear that!...

That drone u mentioned was medium or large one?.. i made them realy tanks of the aliens as hp and armour.. kabill put them in play much more then vanilla as i see..

Which stun grenades u mention? First one or advanced?

Go for laser.. you would need energy weapons too.. specially at androns and reapers..

Heyho.

I installed your Mod just today and startet a new Game. After blindly managing my first Assault like i do in XTE just basically my troopers got blown up by a few grenades and now i restartet again! Holy Moly! Glad iam a very good Strategist and Tactican but the Ground-Missions take now about 10 - 20 Minutes, even at the Start of the Game.

I just dont wanna to loose anyone, but of course a few of my Men where stunned ^^ They threw so much stun-gas that i couldnt move 15 turns! ^^

Looking forward to new updates because this Mod takes this Game to a good new level!

Stay crunchy (And as a Classic-Xenomorph i need to kill those damn Aliens! Because the World is mine!! *gnaw*)

Heyho.

I installed your Mod just today and startet a new Game. After blindly managing my first Assault like i do in XTE just basically my troopers got blown up by a few grenades and now i restartet again! Holy Moly! Glad iam a very good Strategist and Tactican but the Ground-Missions take now about 10 - 20 Minutes, even at the Start of the Game.

I just dont wanna to loose anyone, but of course a few of my Men where stunned ^^ They threw so much stun-gas that i couldnt move 15 turns! ^^

Looking forward to new updates because this Mod takes this Game to a good new level!

Stay crunchy (And as a Classic-Xenomorph i need to kill those damn Aliens! Because the World is mine!! *gnaw*)

Heh... grenades.. i need to ask that.. do u use shields and how many soldier with shield?

@Drages:

My Standard 8-Man (now 10) Squad consists Soldier-Types of the following:

2x Shield & Pistol (Backup: Rifle)

2x Sniper

2x Heavy Weapons (Maschinegun)

4x Riflemen

((In Vanilla it is 2/1/1/4))

So i can use 2 5-Man-Squads to outflank the enemy in most cases. But yes, the Shield-Guys gets the most of the Grenades, dont wanna make the Bomb-Armor, iam stick with the Wolf-Armor atm (Too less Alloys, first the Guns, then the Puns uhm i mean Armors). But the Gas-Grenades have such a huge range that i can have my men widely scattered around a position, 2 - 3 Men always gets into the Cloud -.-"

Iam atm in the transition-phase from early to mid-game. Thats where i start building up Laser-Weapons, Armors and all the good stuff to show them who's Boss =) Also working on a second Squad specially for Terror-Missions (A lot of Heavy Weapons! Because i will bring the Terror! Not the Aliens! Mwahaha ^^)

Have a happy new Year and stay crunchy.

I have a question when my solider pick up and use alien weapons sometimes they have no wepons in there hand but shoot anyway is there and way ro fix this? I qould be glad to do it if someone would tell me how. Dor example if there are no coustom animations then the default animations can be used

I am so happy to hear that!...

That drone u mentioned was medium or large one?.. i made them realy tanks of the aliens as hp and armour.. kabill put them in play much more then vanilla as i see..

I remember it was the medium one, they still pretty big though. I really do love that aliens use them more often. It makes both sides more similarly matched, with humans having their tank and the aliens having their tank too. Good variety in battle too.

Which stun grenades u mention? First one or advanced?

The first vanilla basic purple stun gas grenade. I wonder, do you first need to damage the alien before using a stun gas grenade? I'm thinking maybe the armor blocks the gas, so I need to destroy the armor before the gas will be effective?

Go for laser.. you would need energy weapons too.. specially at androns and reapers..

Laser against androns and reapers? Are they more piercing or more effective against them? Right now I just manufactured some AP rifles so I though those would be the best weapon against those armored guys.

I don't know if you have this feature, but maybe you can edit the alien analysis research to have the text say which type of element/weapon that alien is most weak toward? Otherwise I have no real way to know. Trial and error isn't really effective since I can't see the total health/armor bar of aliens.

You are totally right about alien analisys. I will do it as soon as possible..

This game has damage types and resistances.. AP ballistic weapons makes kinetic damage and ignore some kinetic resistance of the target alien. But if that alien has no resistance against energy weapons, a laser weapon "may" be better to use because there is no armour at all..

First stun gas is lame and will be not so usefull against chemical resistanced aliens. Its not about damaging them first because you dont have yet a chemical weapon to dmg... if you had a chemical weapon, you could do that..

You are totally right about alien analisys. I will do it as soon as possible..

This game has damage types and resistances.. AP ballistic weapons makes kinetic damage and ignore some kinetic resistance of the target alien. But if that alien has no resistance against energy weapons, a laser weapon "may" be better to use because there is no armour at all..

I see what you mean, I just unlocked AP blue laser weapons and they mentioned that they're good against caesans because apparently they have energy resistance. So, basically I should use ballistic weapons against caesans it in this case?

First stun gas is lame and will be not so usefull against chemical resistanced aliens. Its not about damaging them first because you dont have yet a chemical weapon to dmg... if you had a chemical weapon, you could do that..

Ah ok, the aliens just have higher resistance against the gas, I see.

Back in vanilla I used stun gas a lot and 2-4 grenades was enough to take down most alien soldiers. No easy-mode for me this time. :D

Yes u figured that out. Ceasen got high energy resistance so ballistic would be always better. But u don't know what you are against at a GC so u need to be prepared for everything.

At vanilla stun grenades still loses their usability at middle game like smoke and flash. För that reason I made their updated versions.

Did u research unique weapons which are not belong to any tier? Like heavy pistol stun shotgun?

Yes u figured that out. Ceasen got high energy resistance so ballistic would be always better. But u don't know what you are against at a GC so u need to be prepared for everything.

At vanilla stun grenades still loses their usability at middle game like smoke and flash. För that reason I made their updated versions.

Yeah, I really like the element of suprise and its a good thing we get 10 soldiers to equip them with everything possible.

I tried using a flamethrower against an andron. Really bad idea. Good thing I gave people electron grenades :rolleyes:

Did u research unique weapons which are not belong to any tier? Like heavy pistol stun shotgun?

I don't think so. I have all the basics, next gen ballistics, chemical injector, AP spear weapons, lasers, blue laser. It also may be possible that because I still use the old version for this playthrough that the researches doesn't work fully for me. A lot of the times when something is unlocked, I get a black research screen, no text or image. I guess that stuff is already fixed in the latest version.

Then again, I am still fighting corvettes.

Hmm probably.. sometimes a little coding error makes everything stops without any warning. Old version got some problems Bout research chains..

Androns are like terminators. They don't care much normal ballistics and burning.. put a high explosive under their feet :)

Androns are resistant to Laser oO Unless Aliens use PLENTY of high level Materials i will not believe that, because the Laser would just melt through Armor. The fact the Aliens use Androns like Skittles i cant believe that they have so much material to make them all effective against Laser ^^

Ballistics, yes, but not Laser.

So, i encountered a few crashes now which makes me save at start of a round, at the end of a round and probably every 2 - 3 Minutes in Geoscape (just to be sure not be thrown back so much if the game crashes). Can you look into that?

First Crash enounctere while actively walking through a LOT of Gas/Smoke and used the Flamethrower quite a bit.

Second Crash was just in a Alien-Round, they moved and then 'Windows is not corresponding anymore'.

My System:

Win7 64

16GB Ram

ATI Radeon 5700 HD

3,6GHZ AMD Quad

Using Xenonauts Community Edition (Always updated)

Xenomorphic Biological Additions to the Core making it an Queen-AI (Sadly, she's not reproducing our glorios Xenomorph Race).