[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Noooo don't drop your shiny new rifles on the ground!!

When the time comes to beat up an alien up close, nothing is more cooler than dropping the gun, running up to the alien and then pulling out the baton to smash their face in. Just imagine how that looks.

(...and of course you'll save 4 TUs because you didn't put the gun in your backpack instead of the ground and grenades cost a lot less to throw when you drop a gun too.)

Still, dropping the gun is one the most badass things you can do in this game. :cool:

Heyho!

So i found a Scienceproject Named: ###### with following description: ######

What does it do? Does it ad the Hipster-Gene to the Xenonauts? Or even risens theyr Swag? :) Also i dont know what dissambling of certain UFOs does. It costs Money and Ressources. Am i missing something?

Also the AP-Weapons came hours after i was deep in the Mid-Game, all the Main-Troops have Laser-Weapons and currently evolving from Wolf-Armor to the next better One. Even some Jumpsuits are in planning. I think that some of the weapons/things you can use (Especially those advanced Grenades) are kind of obsolete i think. And the fact that my basic-gas-grenades have only a very low impact-radius and the alien-gas-grenade since beginning has a overwhelming big radius is a bit... hm... "hard" to come by. Especially when i waiting 8 - 15 rounds... and then.... boom another gas-grenade... thx mr Alien :(

Also i found that the Laser-MG has a extreme high TU-Cost to fire. I never read the xeno-wiki about Lasers, but if its LASER and not Laser than it should have absolutely no recoil and should therefore extremely Low-TU-Cost to fire, like the normal Weapons (also for the Aliens). I mean a long firefight is pretty cool and its always nervous seeing salvo after salvo from the Aliens and you shoot back salvo after salvo until someone hits and then you can advance (or while shooting back and forth you flank etc.)

Also i think absolutely everything in the Xenonauts-Wiki is missing from the Addon, there is nearly nothing (here and there a bit information) to read about all those techs. Would be kinda neat to know what features/things do what :)

And the fact that the Shield-Guys are so magnetic to Grenades is... a bit... awkward... you kinda exploit this fact. Send him in, get gas-grenade in the face with two different outcomes:

- Worst Case: Your Mr-Shield-Guy drops to the ground and beeing useless n' stuff

- Best Caste: Your Mr-Shield-Guy takes his Shield and punches the Alien directly in his grey face

Make them more anti-magnetic to those grenades. Make the Grenade-Use more random, or more high-risk-high-reward like. Like "I can step out of the UFO, move 4 tiles and if i hit the grenade, 4 guys will maybe drop". Thats what iam doing sometime. I walk up, throwing 2 - 5 grenades in hope it defeats everything in range, if it works: great, if not, well... time to recruit some new guys xD

The Bomb-Armor should be 2-Tiered: Standard-Bomb-Armour directly from the Bomb-Squads of Army/Swat/Etc and the one you have there with Alien-Alloys. Because i see no need to build it at all, because with all the vanilla-armors its kinda... obsolete, i dont want to build armor just because having a Shield makes you a grenade-magnet.

The only thing i liked at best atm in this Mod is: 10-Man-Squads and better use of the basic-weapons (not "only move" or "only shoot". Just move a bit and let the bullets rain down on the enemy! Thats extreme supreme :D) Also i got a Injector aviable now... but... uhm. Why? I know a Baton will kick the s**t out of an alien and robots, but the Injector... hm... "If you get near it will bypass armor" Yeah, and then? Is it insta-kill? I it high-chance? Low-chance? Confusing.

Even not used AP-Weapons (Laserz!) why should they do less damage? Maybe you should make them aviable a bit earlyer and just give anti-material rifle (aka the .50 cal Anti-Material Sniper Rifle). If you want some variations of ammo then make it aviable at the beginning, we have all sorts of Ammo since the early stages of WW2+

- AP

- Hollow Point

- Normal

- Tracer

- Buring

- Exploding

Oh, by the way... Where is my Fwump!? I want a Grenade-Launcher :D Just kidding. But would be a nice addition being able to fire 2 - 3 grenades instead of just throwing 1. I mean, Grenade-Launchers are pretty basic. I would probably use the Flame-Thrower more but the high-risk of a unstable game (so much smoke and flames... :( ) makes this weapon a 'better not'-choice.

That was it for now :) Still: Great mod, iam looking forward to (more/next) update/s! :)

Happy new Year and stay crunchy. SCREE!

One question. My drop-ship got shot down and received a popup that the soldiers got rescued. Went to the base screen and there were + signs where the soldiers were and the dropship was in the hanger. I sent more soldiers from the barracks over to the duty area but they would not appear for a few days. I don't get whats going on. Thanks for the hard work on the mod.

Sorry about late answer but it's not about this mod. I always load after that kind of disaster..

Alien u should give me more info about that ####. After what did u see it and was there any Pedia entry?

After disambling an ufo u can sell It for much more...

If u want more info about new techs u should write it.. my English is not enough to write so long. But it tells u basic what it is..

grenades are now less powerful and not so much after hotfix.

Injectors are very powerful one shoot melee weapons. Try it..

I explained all the ap weapons and reasons just earlier. Same as why we can't do grenade launchers.

happy new year to you too..

Heyho.

Iam not used the hotfix/update right now. Not in the middle of a game :) I saw now that i can sell stuff vor very high money, wow.

To the #####-Entry i can give you the Save, there you can see it. I didnt remember which i did researched in front of that (i just 'wave it through' when new thing pop up sorry :( )

The Save is there as attachement (i just followed the install-instructions from the mod, so nothing else is installed) The Save says "Actually - Geoscape" in case if you wonder ^^

Stay crunchy.

Aktuell - Geoscape.sav

Aktuell - Geoscape.sav

Aktuell - Geoscape.sav

I have 0.92, and the hotfix for that.

The Krash, one, is for the nextgen, weapons.

CTDtest, is for the Alienum explosives crash.

I checked 2 save files and looked all tabs research manufacture but there was no crash.. i think your install got some problems.. just delete the assets/mods/xdivision and extract 0.92 again and do the hotfix.

Heyho.

"#####" is still there.

Edit: Results in "Armoured Scout "Defender" after researching it.

Edit2: Oh darn! Iam so sorry! I didnt saw the link to the bug-forum/discussion-thread! Iam so sorry, i will post now Ideas etc there! Promise!

You are right.. that was missing.. thx!

HOTFIX 2 IS UP!

Edited by drages

Hmm.. buggy buggy.. but i cant hotfix research.xml because its mutated for 0.93 for now.. :)

No problem, I fixed it myself for my game so that the cruiser datacore would properly unlock the landingship datacore disassembly too for this playthrough. The important thing is that its not a bug in future versions. ;)

I'm still fighting landships right now and I've met harridans with very powerful snipers, those guys are very dangerous. Half my squad was killed by them as two harridans were standing on top of the lander UFO, able to hit almost anywhere in the map. Thankfully shields and grenades saved the day. The war is becoming very intense now.

Also tested out the chemical injector, but I think its too weak, because TU cost to use it is high and damage is too small.

I also think C4 is not worth using, because its too heavy that I should take many grenades instead. Grenades can destroy doors and walls good enough anyway.

No problem, I fixed it myself for my game so that the cruiser datacore would properly unlock the landingship datacore disassembly too for this playthrough. The important thing is that its not a bug in future versions. ;)

I'm still fighting landships right now and I've met harridans with very powerful snipers, those guys are very dangerous. Half my squad was killed by them as two harridans were standing on top of the lander UFO, able to hit almost anywhere in the map. Thankfully shields and grenades saved the day. The war is becoming very intense now.

Also tested out the chemical injector, but I think its too weak, because TU cost to use it is high and damage is too small.

I also think C4 is not worth using, because its too heavy that I should take many grenades instead. Grenades can destroy doors and walls good enough anyway.

Yeah harridans weapons are very dangerous.

With c4s.. which heavy explosives do u have? Alenium? Plasma?