[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Drages, I know you're tired, but I have a suggestion on how to make the grenade launcher "work."

Because grenades will always disappear after being thrown, make the grenades "self-powered ignition tubes," or SPIT. We can slightly modify the rocket item images, and use the rocket launcher sprite for a soldier equipping a SPIT and use the standard grenade images for the projectiles.

We justify disappearing launcher tubes because each tube only has enough propellant to launch a single grenade.

Edited by NuclearStudent

So you say, make a greneda launcher expendable.. 1 shot and gone.. the only reason to throw it far? Did i understand right? Because its not so usefull.. u can throw a grenade far enough i think.. and a launcher without ammo and burst ability..

but if u think its ok i can handle it later..

0.95 is up and uploading now.. sorry but u need to download it full again but this will be final big release (i hope).. the mod is finished. It eans not there wont be any additions, i just made nearly everything in my mind..

So you say, make a greneda launcher expendable.. 1 shot and gone.. the only reason to throw it far? Did i understand right? Because its not so usefull.. u can throw a grenade far enough i think.. and a launcher without ammo and burst ability..

but if u think its ok i can handle it later..

0.95 is up and uploading now.. sorry but u need to download it full again but this will be final big release (i hope).. the mod is finished. It eans not there wont be any additions, i just made nearly everything in my mind..

To make a grenade launcher useful, it would have to be pretty light (around 4 kg probably), have good range, and probably have a larger explosive radius.

That's great! I'm trying to learn the ropes of Xenonauts modding, so maybe I can try to add something once I have some experience under my belt.

Edited by NuclearStudent

That's great! I'm trying to learn the ropes of Xenonauts modding, so maybe I can try to add something once I have some experience under my belt.

You can ask me whatever you want.. i nearly asked/tried everything ground combat modding at this game. :)

Autoresolve can be inaccurate sometimes, but if you want to get right into the GC Action it's useful.

In my honest opinion; Vanilla Air Combat is kinda boring/lame and it's not uncommon to find tactics that work perfectly against an alien ship 100% of the time. Hence why we've got so many mods that try to break the late-game Air Superiority the player commonly has.

In Vanilla it's crazy-easy to win against alien battleships with a single Marauder (provided you figured out the tactic to easily killing them).

Thank you, this is what I wanted to know.

I've gotten used to making sure that the autoresolve is always 100% when I engage a ufo. I do this by throwing enough planes at it, so theres no room to fail. I enjoy the management/research/gcombat parts of the game the most, so I'll probably keep using autoresolve.

hi friend....after develop first scout tank i unlock viper turret too....but it's not avaible form scout tank. the second tank has alot of turret type, even plasma missile even if i havn't the plasma tech developed jet...

Thx i will check it right now.. and i repaired it.. hotfix 3 is ok.

Hotfix 3 for 0.95 is up..

Edited by drages

Phew, finally beat the first playthrough.

Towards the end the game really started glitching out, when each time I finished manufacturing one of those special weapons (Massacre quad launcher, minigun, dread laser etc.) the menu system would jam and I would not be able to open the ESC menu at all.

I managed to find out that by clicking "launch interceptors" I could fix this and regain controls of the ESC menu so I could save the game again. Before I found this, aliens did a terror mission on beijing and sydney, resulting in both cities getting nuked and I could do nothing to stop it because the game glitched out.

Some items did not unlock at all despite the research completeting, such as advanced stun grenades, extreme grenades (except the smoke one), railgun and maybe something else too. Many times the research xenopedia screen was black, so I didn't know if I missed something that way too.

The cruiser datacore disassembly appeared as #####, while the carrier disassembly did not appear at all.

Towards the end, the ground combat becomes very deadly, when aliens go crazy with grenades and super weapons that can kill an armored soldier in one volley of shots. It was a bit frustrating when aliens can shoot beyond visual range, so I upgraded that in my game to make it so that both they and I can see equally. I really like it how the aliens also seem to advance in tech the further the game is going. Late game weapons and units are both very tough to kill but also deal a lot of damage.

On the subject of combat, I like how getting hit doesn't always cause a bleeding wound like it usually does in XNT. This made the combat less frustrating.

I also did not like how despite the burst fire now was useful at normal range, single shot was completely useless and too expensive to use TU wise.

The new weapons I tried were a bit mixed. Wave rifle was excellent. For some reason, burst fire had better accuracy than single shot, which made it a very accurate and deadly weapon. It was my favorite gun and I used it in the end a lot.

The enriched alloy minigun, all explosive charges, special ballistic support machinegun, alenium flamethrower, dreadlaser, quad rocketlaunchers and revolvers were not good. Each of these had some major problem that made them garbage to try to kill stuff with. Either it was too heavy, TU cost too high, everything is resistant to it, very low ammo, bad accuracy or not enough damage made these weapons useless to me.

Also I found a bug: plasma flamer makes the soldier go invisible if wearing sentinel armor.

With grenades, I mostly used frag nades a lot, sometimes chemical grenades, sometimes EMP and smoke once or twice during the entirely playthrough. Flash grenades and stun gas grenades were useless.

Shields were very effective, even despite breaking all the time, but they work great and saved many lives.

Because of the cost of manufacturing most items, both time, money and alien alloys/alenium involved, most of the time its simply not worth buying anything, meaning a lot of the content is never tried by the player or entire categories of equipment are skipped completely. I feel the cost and time to produce some of the items is ridiculous and absurd. It doesn't make sense and feels like the designer just arbitrarily assigned a cost and not base it on any consistent standard.

I also was not happy that "better" armors mean that you can carry less stuff. Even with the predator armor, you cannot carry some heavy weapons because they are too heavy. Predator armor was really horrible in this mod. I would have expected some of the advanced weapons to be more lighter, compact and more streamlined than the older versions, but instead they are more heavy and more cumbersome.

Overall, I had good fun if somewhat frustrating at times, but I would like to see the creator do a complete playthrough before uploading the mod update. I'm going to take a break from starting another playthrough until this mod becomes much more stable, fully tested and more thought put into to balance and fun gameplay.

Thx for nice playthrougt .. as I remember u played 0.9. So most of the bugs u mentioned handled. A little error at research chain can kill tons of things..

You are right about a mod should tested by creator. I finally finished the mod and start to play. Even at beginning I saw many things to correct.

If I were play I won't be able finish so fast. I am very happy that u could at least finish it. I need to check armors and weight balance.

single shot is for snipers and launchers for me. If u got a rifle u burst it..

because there was no geosphere modder at your play, it's normal that u got problems about materials and money.

hard and improved enemy is good. At least I did that part completed.

Thx again. As u said just give a break and ready for another experience!

This is my first post at these forums, and first of all I want to show my most sincere appreciation to your awesome work. This mod is great and makes an already excellent game like Xenonauts a lot more varied and with that good ol' flavour of "what comes next?" of the classic X-Com genre of games.

As I came to post here, I just found your 4th hotfix, toning down game difficulty a little :). Well, I was about to post my little complaint related to mod difficulty. Even at the easy level of play, the late game becomes frustrating: deadly grenades coming from everywhere, single-shot kills of well geared veterans, entire platoons wiped in a couple of turns...And, oh well, I will have no more Corsair not even Foxtrots with those piecemeal requirements of dozens of parts since update 0.95...:)

I know, as a long time strategy gamer, that there's not a perfect difficulty level for every gamer out there. The balance between fun and challenge is absolutely personal. When I was younger I liked to play always ironman and suicide levels of difficulty in every game...now, with age coming, I like to play mostly for having some relax :), and the hunger for spending my leisure time having fun is greater than for completing challenges...

And that is, purposedly, the function of game difficulty levels: if you want time-consuming, sometimes frustrating, challenges, there must be some level of difficulty for you. And if you want just to play relaxedly in your limited leisure time, there should be an easy/casual level for you...And here is where I think your mod, as it current state 0.95 hotfix 3 (I have not yet tested hotfix 4), gets a little too far unbalanced as the campaign progresses.

Far from annoying me, I do instead appreciate very much your hotfixes, since that means you're developing and tuning mod balance. As I said at the start, I'm above all very thankful to you for having dedicated your time and effort to our enjoyment. Keep the good work.

Welcome to forum and thank u..

I share your feelings about how a game should be. I can't add anything more to those words.

This mod is so new and I mostly consantrate on coding rather then balance because it's a huge mod and if it's not working u can't talk about balance.

Can u please send me a save so I can see later game progress by myself ..

Probably I will add 2 or 3 more armor to game soon. I wanted to stop airplane spam but I noticed that the required materials are hard to find then I thought.

Heyho.

Then maybe you must be make mistakes because iam playing also on Normal and the game is extremely easy, and iam the unluckiest person on Earth, that you can belive me :) So if your using all the Stuff the Mod/Game provides you correctly you should be have no losses at all, especially in early/mid-game.

Late-Game is bit different though, a few luck-shots from aliens can kill your men pretty easy. If you talking about this Graphical-New X-Com... this game is on every Mode a piece of cake. It has nothing from the good ol' X-Com Games :) Just the Theme, nothing more =)

How is your default squad equipped? Early and the early to mid-game transition? What weapons do you take, how do you advance, do you play Night-Missions etc.?

Stay crunchy.

Is the gameplay supposed to be like playing Xcom on impossible? I have it set to normal, and my guys are getting murdered. I droped the difficulty to easy and still, 10 man mission and only 3 return, I have beaten Xcom on impossible ironman, but this is insane.

Thats why its so good.

Anyway, try shields, grenades, use cover and distance like your life depends on it.

not sure if its working correctly, i got a few of the new researches, but then the game acted weird and would let me click on anything,

If that happens, click the "launch interceptors" button and send a plane flying right next to your base. This will give you back control of clicking I noticed.

If that happens, click the "launch interceptors" button and send a plane flying right next to your base. This will give you back control of clicking I noticed.

Its not about researches but new vehicles manufacturing, and i still dont know where the problem is..

Even with vehicles-armours-shields still the aliens can bypass your defence strategies. I am againt one shot kills and i want to tolerate at least first 1-2 shot with not vital damage..

So i am starting to another version for more usefull defense options to xenonauts. Hot-fix 4 buffed armour and vehicles to save the early-mid game a bit but as Crim1knight said, the game is harder then my expectation.

I will add at least 2 more armour and maybe 2 more shields.. when i played veteran, i saw that basic shield dies with 2-3 shots.. i don't want to nerf alien stats, they are working great. Its ai is very good too.. sometimes they make very intelligence maneuvers that i shocked after...

The key is suppression.. whatever u do, even u cant kill an alien, suppress it!.. cant u do that? send a smoke grenade..

Morning. So uh, first post.

I'm having problems starting the mod, i've extracted it (And hotfixed it) to assets/mods, but I can't find out how to enable it. Do you just have it selected in Modding Tools?

If that's the case, when I start the game it's still vanilla. Am I just doing something stupid?

EDIT: I fixed it by switching to Community Edition. So, problem solved. Was there any reason it wasn't working with vanilla?

- The random guy with a Russian name

Edited by Ханю