[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

OMG traitor!!! how can u be a tester of something but use another thing instead!!!

The silly part is that I thought it was included with X-Division and thought that it was a standard feature. :P

Stupid me.

The next playthrough is going to be done properly, so I'll get the real experience next time. :)

graphical issue coming xD i found that shield don't show (still works stopping bullets) using some of the new pistols like the lancer pistol (blue one) same with submachineguns one handed. (tested wearing wolf armor and anti-explosive armor).

can u give me exact names of problem weapons?

lancer sp laser pistol its one but before in the other game i played i used the biological pistol and got missing shield too, there are probably more. i will test them all when i unlock.

edit: nextgen ballistic pistol have this same issue

edit 2: this happens with normal shield, titanium and assault one.

Also saw again the invisible/cease exist psi caesan :) i think its a bug of the game because he died when touch fire/smoke but still alive as a invulnerable ghost xD (CG still ends nice whatever)

Edited by asierus24

Nooo dont do it.. Fire in the hall will create problems at late game..

This is a huge overhaul mod. Nearly everything edited and tried to be balanced. So u want to add a "economy adjustment", why? Any adjustment will ruin the balance of this mod very badly.." END QUOTE

Well firstly Fire in the Hole is essential to any play through, as it was part of the original game. I suggest incorporating it into your mod, or making the existing mod compatible.

Secondly the Economy Mod is not a balance mod, it allows you to buy, sell and manufacture starter equipment and takes away the unlimited ammo and weapons, again just like the original UFO: Enemy unknown. As I am a fan of the original this is something I consider key to the game play. Please at least consider having it as an optional add on to your mod.

Here is a link that describes the mod:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11175-v1-06-Economy-Restored

But really the main thing for me is to make sure Fire in the Hole! Or some other kind of breachable UFO hull feature is part of the game.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Balabhadradas

Nooo dont do it.. Fire in the hall will create problems at late game..

This is a huge overhaul mod. Nearly everything edited and tried to be balanced. So u want to add a "economy adjustment", why? Any adjustment will ruin the balance of this mod very badly.." END QUOTE

Well firstly Fire in the Hole is essential to any play through, as it was part of the original game. I suggest incorporating it into your mod, or making the existing mod compatible.

Secondly the Economy Mod is not a balance mod, it allows you to buy, sell and manufacture starter equipment and takes away the unlimited ammo and weapons, again just like the original UFO: Enemy unknown. As I am a fan of the original this is something I consider key to the game play. Please at least consider having it as an optional add on to your mod.

Here is a link that describes the mod:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11175-v1-06-Economy-Restored

But really the main thing for me is to make sure Fire in the Hole! Or some other kind of breachable UFO hull feature is part of the game.

Thanks for your feedback.

Fire in the Hall is a good mod. I will consider it after all the additions to this mod added and bugfree enough..

I am a big fan of original xcom and i like micromanagement. This mod got huge micromanagement for everything. But this game has some limits here and there.. lets discuss about manufacturing everything..

1. Basic weapon manufacturing: This discussion made many places. Why would u manufacture something u can buy from a gun store? So X-Division got research and manufacture centers but not for something u got already on earth. So for some guns and rifles you wont use your manufacturers.. The ammo is same. At my mod u use basic weapons for 1-2 mission and then u get updated versions and u manufacture them.. U got 100 weapon to manufacture with this mod.. dont worry..

2. Manufacturing ammo: Its good idea but there is something game limits. Even u have 1 bullet in magazine after a ground combat, game dont count it as spend.. and after some tests, the game has problems about ammo counting.. so you can lose control of the number of ammos at base.. as i said u will have 100 weapons at "soldier weapons" and put a 100 more magazine to the list.. it becomes from micromanagement to macrochaos.. I made most of the rockets, grenades, explosives and much more with manufacture. If u start my mod, u will be full of micromanagements..

3. Manufacture needs..: There are tons of drops from missions to collect to manufacture something.. i planed much more, even using alien bodies.. but after a line, it kills the purpose..

4. Buying something: Dont buy something.. realy.. even at original xcom, you stop buying something after lasers..

So i try to say, that is so little place at the game. I hope you can see what i try to explain..

Thank you for the explanation.

It is a shame that you cant have expendable ammo as that was one of the thrills I enjoyed in the original, conservation of ammo and later selling overstock for profit mad a great tactical impact on the game play. Especially conservation of ammo, out in the field how much do you take with you? If you run out in the field with a soldier you have to make sure he is backed up by his friends, or that the has a spare 2nd weapon, or at least a grenade, and so on.

So that is a shame, but I am happy to hear that you are considering breachable hulls.

I am just curious. Further back someone said they played an earlier version of your mod with FiTH enabled and had no problems. I was wondering on what known issues are caused that people have noticed in the late game with your mod and FiTH enabled?

Thanks again for the feedback, AAA tile managers could learn allot from your friendly customer support attitude.

Good luck with the mod.

We all are here to improve the game we have, isnt it.. so every idea, every test, every input is very important.

Playing Fith with this mod can break the research chains, very important to get new weapons. This mod is even bigger then an expansion and tons of things in it to work without an error and with balance. I got a loot system from ufos and Fith ufos got some different layout. So it can break your manufacture chain.. but i wont put breaching charges.. use high explosives.. its more fun!

I checked the fith files and yes i can fit it in this mod.. i need to change some item drops ufos.. maybe better for me so i can control micromanagement much more easily. I will try to add it for next big update.. i am already collecting good/work proved/ppl liked mods into this mod itself.

Just if want to play this mod for now, dont mix it..

About ammos, the ammo u bring with u is already limited at battlefield and u can sell old/no need weapons to profit like original.

Edited by drages

Hey, can someone tell me how effective cover is in this mod? I think in XNT cover was made to be more effective, a long with reduced accuracy. Has that been changed? I played a bit on veteran, and my Xenonauts were getting tagged in good cover a little more then I'd like.

Also, does anyone know the accuracy bonuses and personalities by difficulty level? I think in some version of XNT Veteran was made to be about normal/even across the boards for both the player and the alien sides...but then again, I could be wrong. I'd like to play on whatever difficulty has that.

Yes the cover equation on XNT is quiet different. In general terms cover is more effective, range cause less penalties to accuracy and shots to uncovered targets are more easy to archieve.

In vanilla the standard accuracy range is 12 to 15 squares, in contrast in XNT accuracy is adjusted to 18 to 22. This changes have the goal to stimulate more combat distance.

Welcome to the boards.

Hey TD..

UPDATE:

-Fire in the Hole! mod implemented to X-Div. But not as you expected.. nıhahaha..

-All the hull hit points raised depend of the ufo.

-There will be no charge.. u need to explode the hull with your own explosives.. trust your high explosives..

(Reason: My high explosives are for breaching locked doors/ufo main doors/internals. So bringing a powerful charges will erase all the high explosives main purpose.)

-There wont be any ufo parts drop from GC missions, u will take the parts after core dissemble.

-4 new airplane cannons..

-Airplane cannons-vehicle weapons will get manufacture rather then replace.

0.97 is coming.. not soon.. but coming..

which cloud are they going in and became ghosts? I can change the mods name "Ghost in the UFO" !!!

hahaha xD the ones that spawn near downed ufos

nice new plane you have here :) (it smell like i will have to restart my game again <.<)

can we use c4 to breach ufos then? :)

Edited by asierus24

hahaha xD the ones that spawn near downed ufos

nice new plane you have here :) (it smell like i will have to restart my game again <.<)

I just add it for boredom.. your testing is vital now because i wont public the next version before most bugs handled..

I just add it for boredom.. your testing is vital now because i wont public the next version before most bugs handled..

xD i didn't find anything more but im only at spear weapons so much more to check :)

still trying to unlock and build all pistols to check the shield bug.

you are slowy becoming a modding machine :)

oh i forgot to report something some weapons have missing weapon model in CG, i will tell you the name of the weapons when i reach them again :) mostly heavy machineguns using predaator armor.

Edited by asierus24

another silly, i mean REAAAAAAAAAALLY silly issue is that mostly new weapons doesnt have a "floor image", so when a soldier panickes and drop his weapons, sometimes is kind of hard trying to find where he dropped because you dont remember the exact tile he was standing xD..this could be resolver givin then a temporal floor sprite and then make a new one (in the LONG.."LOONG future" after everything is working as intended, and you only have to polish some features here and there.)

another silly, i mean REAAAAAAAAAALLY silly issue is that mostly new weapons doesnt have a "floor image", so when a soldier panickes and drop his weapons, sometimes is kind of hard trying to find where he dropped because you dont remember the exact tile he was standing xD..this could be resolver givin then a temporal floor sprite and then make a new one (in the LONG.."LOONG future" after everything is working as intended, and you only have to polish some features here and there.)

Certain Blood Weapons also disappear from a soldier's weapon slot...

@Drages:

Found something weird in the Weapons_GC file, and I'm not sure if the code is okay with it so I'm reporting it;

name="weapon.APscatterlaser" type="energy"

BTW the Alien Blood Weapons have different stats between the "Weapons.xml" and "Weapons_GC.xml" files.

Edited by Man of Doge

Hey TD..

UPDATE:

-Fire in the Hole! mod implemented to X-Div. But not as you expected.. nıhahaha..

-All the hull hit points raised depend of the ufo.

-There will be no charge.. u need to explode the hull with your own explosives.. trust your high explosives..

(Reason: My high explosives are for breaching locked doors/ufo main doors/internals. So bringing a powerful charges will erase all the high explosives main purpose.)

-There wont be any ufo parts drop from GC missions, u will take the parts after core dissemble.

-4 new airplane cannons..

-Airplane cannons-vehicle weapons will get manufacture rather then replace.

0.97 is coming.. not soon.. but coming..

That's great news, in fact your implementation sounds closer to the original.

So you are saying that these new implementations mentioned above will be present in version 0.97?

P.S

What does this mean?

This.

What does this mean?

i think he says that you dont receive alien computers and torpedoes in mission debriefing window, you get them when you dissasembly the UFO core, wich makes sense because youare dissasembling the ufo.