Skitso's improved containers

Skitso

I've always thought the large shipping containers in industrial, desert and soviet town tilesets look a bit off. They are too brightly colored and look like they float as they don't have any shadow whatsoever. This little mod tones the colors down a bit and adds shadows. I also differentiated them a bit so industrial ones are still red and blue and desert ones are grayish brown.

As a small bonus, I also made the crate pallets a tad less yellow so they sit in their surroundings better.

HjBurgC.jpg

Download here!

Edited by Skitso

Making it possible to land on the container has been on my to-do list for just about ever. It would actually be really easy to do as silencer suggests, but it would be necessary to make the containers indestructible as a result since there's no way of removing the ground tiles which would have to be placed if the container beneath was destroyed. (Using the collapsible building feature might work, but it causes crashes so I'm not of a mind to use it unless it's fixed).

Yeah, it's easy in theory. The best way to make them work is to redo them from ground up with walls and roof (like buildings) but haven't had the time and enthusiasm to do it yet. Painting those new wall images is time consuming stuff... But then they would work great, you could open them, go inside them, destroy them, walk on top of them etc.

• 2 weeks later...