(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

yeah it's a challenge.

just done some research on these weapon tooltips. requires adding some extra desc code to get it to display.

am i okay to edit this myself?

its abit annoying seeing all those shiny new weapons and having no idea if the ballistic rifle is better or worst. :P

Does anyone have a fix for this. Everytime the aliens finish their turn on terror attack missions the screen freezes on the hidden danger image and the game stops responding.

Had this once, but didn't report on it, since I could only reproduce it with that specific safe, loading an earlier turn fixed it. ( Yes, I don't play iron man mode, shame on me ;) ), and assumed that the safefile got corrupted somehow.

@silent_lord: How were you positioned? I felt that way too at first (no matter if modded or vanilla game), but then I realised that the angles from the gallery allow for shooting at least 2 tiles into the rooms next to the cargo hold.

yeah it's a challenge.

just done some research on these weapon tooltips. requires adding some extra desc code to get it to display.

am i okay to edit this myself?

its abit annoying seeing all those shiny new weapons and having no idea if the ballistic rifle is better or worst. :P

I understand frustration due to absence of stats description,however there is xenopedia which explains every XNT:ID weapon.There is lore,tips and basic insight of weapon so it isn't without "nothing"

Edited by Sentelin
I wrote wikia instead of Xenopedia

I understand frustration due to absence of stats description,however there is wikia which explains every XNT:ID weapon.There is lore,tips and basic insight of weapon so it isn't without "nothing"

Theres a wikia?

Does anyone have a fix for this. Everytime the aliens finish their turn on terror attack missions the screen freezes on the hidden danger image and the game stops responding.

I have frequent CTD in GC, too. Already uploaded a savegame but no one seemed to notice.

I meant on xenopedia.

Edit:About "frequent" crashes in GC,forget what I said earlier.I was using wrong save.Yeah I can reproduce crash but before GC even load.

It comes to 99% and then crash.Usually this happen when you play with older CE exe and then you switch to newer.So even if I go ahead and make compatibility patch for CE 0.26 (which won't happened since it has some problems or it will happen but as experimental build),your problem won't be solved.

Edit 2: Nah, now loading bar won't reach even 50% before CTD.This definitely has to do with switching from older CE version to new one and I don't even need debugger to know that.

Edited by Sentelin

Not sure if your talking about my savegame or Theoderichs. My savegame isnt from an old Version. I am playing the "Xenonauts 1.08HF CE 0.25HF2" provided with your XNT mod 5.3, and never patched during my game so dont have a "old" savegame with a "new" gameversion.

Not sure if your talking about my savegame or Theoderichs.

:rolleyes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cncvjnfpkvwqqkq/AutosaveIM2014-07-22_23.43.52.sav

This save won't load and it's yours.I said most of the time problem is when you switch from older CE version to newer.For example if you played without previous hotfix before v 5.31 (which you obviously didn't) then this is what causing crash.Because previous hotfix had older version of CE 0.25.However I don't know what stops this save from loading.

Because of that I can't check why you are getting CTD during alien turn.

Edited by Sentelin

тут подумал... если народ просто берет и спрашивает на немецком.

а почему бы не вопросить на русском, дабы не отрываться от коллектива?

вопрос такой: кого надо брать живьем чтобы получить 10% к урону?

понятно что основные расы - кесаны, себиллы.

андронов живьем не возьмешь. всякие дроны тоже.

харриданы?

виперы дают? мелкий випер не дает такого бонуса вроде. или дает? на всех вперов вплоть до омеги или нет? гаргол?

Можеш ти да пишеш на руском али нико те не разуме (добро ја разумем делимично) као што нико не разуме шта сам ја сада написао.

Kirill don't write in Russian.That guy rarely posts and I can swallow his posts in German but let's keep discussions here only in English ok ?

Is it just me or does androns make xenonauts freak the freak out a hell of a lot more then other aliens. In the average fight against them I'm lucky if half the team doesn't panic. One time I had a guy break down and run on the second turn even though we hadn't even seen a single alien yet let alone got shot at. The worst that happened that turn was a civilian died.

Is it just me or does androns make xenonauts freak the freak out a hell of a lot more then other aliens. In the average fight against them I'm lucky if half the team doesn't panic. One time I had a guy break down and run on the second turn even though we hadn't even seen a single alien yet let alone got shot at. The worst that happened that turn was a civilian died.

Androns hate smoke and explosives :)

Having a nasty annoying interface bug in which soldiers don't appear within the Manage Soldier screen. The screen where you have hire soldiers, fallen comrades and manage soldiers. I can hire soldiers ok, just can't 'manage' them, it's completely blank.

Having a nasty annoying interface bug in which soldiers don't appear within the Manage Soldier screen. The screen where you have hire soldiers, fallen comrades and manage soldiers. I can hire soldiers ok, just can't 'manage' them, it's completely blank.

do you mean having a "NO SOLDIER PRESENTS IN BASE?",well i also have this issue, it looks to be something when you dont have any soldier selected to your dropship(or only one,if you have more than one)

the only workaround i found is just going into the personnel page,and then assing at least one person to every dropship you have,this should make appear the soldier management screen.

This is a bug related to SOLVER X:CE ,we are working in a fix right now and we hope it get done soon :), thank you for your time posting your bugs,if you have any other please inform us and hope you keep enjoying the mod :D.

hi leute nachdem ich alles kopiert hatte ging alles wunderbar hab auch die kosten für techniker soldaten und wissenschaftler in der gamesconfig so runtersetzen können das ich genug luft hatte,nachdem ich den mod alles überspielt hatte crashte das game andauernd nachher ging garnix mehr wenn ich auf eine base klicken wolte glleich return to dektop und xenonauts exe funktioniert nicht.Habe nun die installation auf eine externe kopiert hoffe das ist so richtig den wolte ich die 5.30 installieren und den hotfix 5.31 hoffe das das so richtig ist ,achso denn die übersetzung von selgald v 0.94 wobei ich danach ja die gamesconfig aus dem asset ordner der 5.3 nehmen muss ,hoffe das ist so richtig ist mein letzter versuch mit xenonauts nochmal von vorne zu beginnen .Achso hoffe das geht trotzdem mit dem ändern der gamesconfig speziell wegen den werten also den gehältern für die 3 klassen hilft finanziell gut weiter wüste sonst nicht ,wie man geld effektiv erhöhen könnte ausser abschiessen oder den bodenmissionen oder den bau der zephyr gewehres.so danke schon mal für eure tipps

Personally i think the Panic and flee Rate is too high. I got soldiers fleeing just by seeing a UFO. Thats not what i expect from John Rambo... and i got a full Team of Rambos...

Personally i think the Panic and flee Rate is too high. I got soldiers fleeing just by seeing a UFO. Thats not what i expect from John Rambo... and i got a full Team of Rambos...

That's what I'm talking about four of my guys got flash banged turn one and two of them panicked and one of them fled, maybe it's my fault for picking units souly on the TU stat but I feel it should take a little more then a loud noise to scare off "the best in the world".

Howdy, i just researched Base Upgrade and my workshops and labs upgraded to quantum albs and nanoworkshops.

Sounds great, however i cant assign research or production projects.

Anything that was actually being researched or under production is still there, however i cant start new ones once theyve finished.

Both research and production bases have 99/0 lab and workshop space, (yes up upped the lab and workshop space in the files)

Even changing the values for the quantumlab and nano workshops to include workspace (20) doesnt let me run any projects.

Anyoen got any ideas?

*edit* i changed the lab and workshop space (20) for nanotechworkshop and quantumlab and built new ones, and it worked, i now have space. However, its kinda annoying to ahve all my old facilities switch over to buildings that i have to knock down and rebuild again.

*edit 2* After editing the workspace in quantum labs and nano workshops, i reloaded a previous game and once base upgrades was researched, the base facilities upgraded just fine, i could once again start research projects and production projects.

Edited by aZmoDen

So I've got to battleships, managed to capture a Praetor, after dealing with what seemed like 20 Elite Caesans, and 4 officers of various ranks.

But I've yet to unlock any other aircraft besides the Apollo, MiG, & the Cheburaska.

Am I missing something? I've also not unlocked Sentinel or Predator armor, but I have MAG weaponry.

Edited by SainnQ