(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

@Kirill

flashbang? i forgeted about them - they are useless against minor vipers and gargols. or i doesnt understood you in that

You didn't understand me.so I will rephrase sentence to "they are useless".They are useless not just against minor vipers or gargols but that's up to you to discover if you haven't already.

I experienced situation when soldier with HMachine Gun was standing by one side of the wall togheter with and alien 10-15 tiles aways. 3 my soldiers was on the other side of that wall close to the line of fire but they coudnt be hited casue wall was they protection from bulets. When I have shoted 2 times with HMG they ale become supresed with that. I attached save if somone wana see that. Not sure can this be changed beacuse it may be from vanila that HMG supresion works close to line of fire no mater soldier can be hited or no.

But decided to tell you about that maby smth can be done.

supression.sav

supression.sav

supression.sav

Found the bug may be vanila one. When you reviev feinted soldier and then move on his tile and stay there, next turn u have 2 soldiers standing on the same tile and u cant anymore select the revived one just by clicking on it u have to do this by presing coresponding number.If he in soldier 6 u have to press 6 to selcect him. Up to this yoou can move to tile where he is standing with any soldier.

Bug is gone when u move this soldier somwhere.

Not big deal but when 5.3 came in bulding order in base was changed and its toataly random right now, for example store room which u build one in base is first.

When Alien invasion is reaserched u get few screens from xenopedia, and cobra manuver is displaying twice cause u have to click "close" 2 times to go to another one, there wasynt like that in 5.2.

again just saing its small things i notice

Edited by Alewalek

Hello,

i've seen a steam's game update, yesterday. The question is what have i to do after a steam update? Just wait Your updates or could i overwrite again vanilla's files with mod's ones or...what? Sorry...i'm an horrible noob..i know.

Thank You very much!!!

XNT is compatible with the latest patch...just apply the latest XNT files back into your game folder.

Xenopedias:

- Theon is a great artist, I think that the only thing that can make this arts better is resolution. The mark of the mod is our Brand, If this is a mod we dont want to make all the content exacly to vanilla, thats near impossible considering we have no budget.

I'm only responsible for writing, I have no talent at all in drawing/painting (I only combine/change the assets we have from vanilla art), we could really use an artist.

However, I have to stress that the image of Cobra Maneuver is my least favorite.

It would look much better if somebody with a tablet sketchbook could add his own handwritting and strokes. The font looks bad, ik.

Other than that it would look better with true art. What can I say.

When Alien invasion is reaserched u get few screens from xenopedia, and cobra manuver is displaying twice cause u have to click "close" 2 times to go to another one, there wasynt like that in 5.2.

again just saing its small things i notice

The fix for this was supposed to be uploaded some time ago. TDDDDDDDDDD

(also it was like this since the begining (including 5.2)..it was my mistake in the original files. You just noticed it now :P)

-AK-74 would be more suitable to the game's setting, art can be found here

I've been saying this in every wanna-be realistic mod thread. Including this one (where Im even a developer). It seems that people in general are huge fanboys of the 47 cos it's mentioned in the pop-culture all the time.

Imagine an organization which has access to all the edge-cutting technology..and they don't even have to worry about the weapons cost.... and they pick ak47. <facepalm>

Here is how I see it whenever somebody mods in ak47:

[video=youtube;GhxqIITtTtU]

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

The fix for this was supposed to be uploaded some time ago. TDDDDDDDDDD

(also it was like this since the begining (including 5.2)..it was my mistake in the original files. You just noticed it now :P)

yea probably iam a men not a women :P I always notice late

Imagine an organization which has access to all the edge-cutting technology..and they don't even have to worry about the weapons cost.... and they pick ak47. <facepalm>

Here is how I see it whenever somebody mods in ak47:

lol if its not fake, they so stupid I coudnt stop laughing

Edited by Alewalek

It would look much better if somebody with a tablet sketchbook could add his own handwritting and strokes. The font looks bad, ik.

Other than that it would look better with true art. What can I say.

I don't know if image was changed since I only played up to V5.2 (waiting for new version on Humble Bundle), but the Josh Eales reference there is personal peeve of mine. Doesn't seem to fit the mood game is aiming for, notwithstanding the fact why the hell is that note even there?

Doesn't seem to fit the mood game is aiming for, notwithstanding the fact why the hell is that note even there?

What do you think is the mood the game is aiming for? This question is not to undermine your question - Im just actually curious.

I was considering dropping that note some time ago...but then again there are some entries later in game, added by TD, which I personally find goffy/cheesy. Im talking about Big spoiler!

Max and Henry encounter lore

So I thought it would be better to vaccinate the players with some easter eggs from the very start rather than having them appear for the first time in mid/late game.

Personally, I would like the lore and the game mood to be somewhat realistic and horrifying, maybe with a pinch of dark humour when it's appropriate.

alien annihilation phaser has 500/500 bullets even after caesian guard shot from it 4 times

if in the 1 tile ground there big number of items - thre no scrolling - so not everything shown.

and for now i see some strange thig - the texture on dead caesian if he fall down hear the wall - becomes cutted by the wall in the tile edge.

(i use 1.07 xenonauts because there are 1.07 at desura even for now)

and after missoin - anihilation phaser doesn't shown in the mission report - non in sold things, non like send to research

doese it right: my soldier COULD throw a grenade from inside the desert1 level building in the "window" from 1 tile to window, but by traectory - from roof

human corpse (texture in the tile - as a full corpse) showi in inventory as a blowed corpse - but popup is human corpse. (he was killed by minor viper, this is desert civilian)

situation.

zombie stacked defending doors of light scout. every its turn it open the door and move inside, at tiles next to the door. there 4 my soldiers that clearly see it. 2 MG, 1 with ak43 and 1 with sheld+pistol. all from begining group - so reaction stats are good 60 and even 71 one with MG has.

But NONE of them for 5 turns do any rection fire on it.

even when zombie go out and attack my soldier - none from them react!!! bug-bug-bug

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

When c4 in backpack of a dead soldier will be in the line of fire of flamethorower its explodes. If u removed trigering it by explosives same will be good about fire.

Impossible,

Guys we know most of this things, much of them are repetitive issues from vanilla.

- We now that lot of alien weapons dont have Xenonaut animation.

- We can't avoid C4 explosive to explote with heat, is a explosive.

- We know that there are some typos of irrelevant things. Thats dont affect balance,

Try to stick functional crashes or corrections ^^

Other small suggestion, tr to use google translate and corrector. I barely understand some of the text.

:D

About c4 you can't change it becasue of vanila or you want it explode from fire? Sorry for asking but I dint understand secons phrase.

Removing posibility of trigering c4 from grenade was good move, becasue c4 is resistant to that same is about fire thats why i have asked.

Edited by Alewalek

some update.

in next scout were sebs with anihilator phasers too. their phasers are shown in the sell strings as normal. Maybe its because little number of strings?

and i got a dead gargol in there too-))))) firt time i play XNT he is dead like so)))

but noo reaction fire at zombies looks strange. will test at vipers too... but just for now doesn't understood why.

upd. andplease, could you return the ability of eggs to move 1 tile, even if its a bug-)its look like funny

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

hello everyone, looks like bigger vipers are immune to any kind of ballistic weapon and frag grenade. how the hell should I deal with them in my first ground missions? also, they scare sh*t out of me and when I read about gargoles I nearly cried. Good job guys, really impressive

hello everyone, looks like bigger vipers are immune to any kind of ballistic weapon and frag grenade. how the hell should I deal with them in my first ground missions? also, they scare sh*t out of me and when I read about gargoles I nearly cried. Good job guys, really impressive

The bigger ones eh? Hmm, you could run back to your helo and just abort the mission (Im not joking - this is at times a valid strategy. You won't be able to win all missions in XNT. You as the commander need to know which battles you can win and which ones are better to avoid).

Or you can shoot it with everything you got. Remember that armor (both your and the aliens') does deteriorate - so at first you get -damage resisted- all the time...but once his armor gets destroyed, that Viper is actually a soft and gentle guy inside ... well with lots of hp and regeneration... but still you technically can kill him.*

*I personally wouldn't fight that thing if I encountered it in the first mission... 6 men are probably not enough.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Or you can shoot it with everything you got. Remember that armor (both your and the aliens') does deteriorate - so at first you get -damage resisted- all the time...but once his armor gets destroyed, that Viper is actually a soft and gentle guy inside ... well with lots of hp and regeneration... but still you technically can kill him.*

Just how much do I have to damage him before his armor is gone? I wasted 6 rockets, two machinegun cartriges, two flamer cartriges twice, about 15 frag grenades, still getting 0 peneration