[v1.06] Xenophobia Mod Compilation

Changes and additions

+ 6 new shields, including 3 standard and 3 advanced!

+ 2 new "turret" type of weapons. High reaction, very very heavy with short range and usable with shields

+ 1 new ammo type for Multi-Ammo rifle (STUN bullets)

+ 1 new medic pack type "Health Pill" a small pill you can carry around instead of bulky medkits (+10 hp, 1 use).

+ 1 new awesome and balanced gun with custom sounds.

SPOILER: Research these to unlock: Alien Plasma Rifle (AND) Alien Succubus (AND) Alenium - then finally research "Advanced Rifle".

Added ability for all shields to now be REPAIRED using a wrench item you can now carry with you on to the battle field. Find it the bottom of the "Weapons/ballistics" page. :cool:

Air striking downed UFOs now give slightly more money (25k, 35k, 50k and so on).

FIXED crash with AMMO screen

FIXED crash with VEHICLE screen

Amazing work, mate!

Hopefully you wouldn't mind a humble request - could you compile a separate pack of the shield related content for Vanilla? I've always wanted something like that!

LOL why you hate XNT that much?

Dont you think that your missing something? There are a lot of people behind the mod working réally hard. ^^

Changes and additions

+ 6 new shields, including 3 standard and 3 advanced!

+ 2 new "turret" type of weapons. High reaction, very very heavy with short range and usable with shields

+ 1 new ammo type for Multi-Ammo rifle (STUN bullets)

+ 1 new medic pack type "Health Pill" a small pill you can carry around instead of bulky medkits (+10 hp, 1 use).

+ 1 new awesome and balanced gun with custom sounds.

Added ability for all shields to now be REPAIRED using a wrench item you can now carry with you on to the battle field. Find it the bottom of the "Weapons/ballistics" page. :cool:

Air striking downed UFOs now give slightly more money (25k, 35k, 50k and so on).

FIXED crash with AMMO screen

FIXED crash with VEHICLE screen

Nice update slayer!!! Wonderful!

Amazing work, mate!

Hopefully you wouldn't mind a humble request - could you compile a separate pack of the shield related content for Vanilla? I've always wanted something like that!

Yeah, I'll peel the shield content off and make a vanilla mod for it, sometime next week.

LOL why you hate XNT that much?

Dont you think that your missing something? There are a lot of people behind the mod working réally hard. ^^

Just to clarify - I definitely don't hate it, mate! I'll try it out, but I've spent a lot of time in my current playthrough and won't just scrap it before I've completed it. Although with my own attempts at modifying the game I've spent little time actually playing lately.

the game keeps crashing while building the rocket launcher for the hunter scout car and clicking on the vehicle tab

for now the ammo tab is alright :D

i think the game is pretty hard .... hitting a sebllian soldier with 3 rockets doing ~50dmg ending the round and hes healing the whole damage is pretty frustrating

and the hit% is also frustrating ... my rifleman has better hit% than my sniper

enemies are standing infront of my assault and heavy machine soldiers and they only have like 30-40 hit%

even the hunter scout car cant hit shit ...

vipers are running over the whole map and i miss 90% of my shots 5% resisted and 5% actually hit with low dmg ...

my soldiers getting oneshotted most of the times ....

alt + f4 is my best friend :S

someone got any tips for me ?

Edited by cart01

Great work, excellent mod. I am not seeing any stats for the newly added weapons in the in-game equip screen can these be found somewhere so i can compare them to vanilla ballistic weapons.EG Not seeing anything other than "metalstorm shotgun"

Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.22 (included in XNT 5.2)

in greetings menu (where the botton "play xenonauts") - in the top is written:

Xenonauts 1.06 Community Edition 0.21 UNOFFICIAL: The Flight of Joseph Eales

what is right then?

(because also i has clear Xenonauts 1.07 in the base, installed XNT:ID and your addon)

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

and how repair works?

when in backpack - none

dragging to the damaged shield - none

taking to another hand - even shield dissapears

find the problem is: the shield must be placed in primary hand, the tool to secondary, as i see no recharge/reload when it is in backpak

and ups... new made assault a12 and other mod shields come with 0/135, 1/150 ets values even at the base. wtf?! they even made my basic shield so 0/100 too!!!

bug-bug-bug!

even i doesn't understand difference between all shields and weapons, just in hp when atthe mission. doese tat shields give only that bonus, not rear, or other defence?

and ask to change the way the malestorm weapons happen... because they need alloys, so they must be researchable after alloys. and that mod put the mig foxtrot to happen at the begining, not like in XNT:ID mod, so i really ask to show WHAT other changes ware overwritten fron XNT:ID

ps1 (in my own opinion - malestorm weapon grafics not so good and accepting)

ps2 economy and manufacturing is challenging! really nice.

ps3. enforser sound dissapeared

and in close TO TILE (enforrser, 3 time fire- all got the target (alien- minor viper) - and all it resisted. its a fake weapon that do none damage either and worser than basic pistol?

ps4sound of machingun reload dissapeared

Revert the game to original XNT.

Slayer, always check content after release.

Lot of people are facing CTD.

not good to him and his work.

TD, a little bit question.

Could it be something like Xenophobia, but without new weapons? Just that new from XNT - is close to much and they in design are pretty and close to vanila. those not...

the micromanagement of xenophobia is not bad, but economy of XNT with it goes to waste. to much to produce, in millions... and aliens doesn't wait when you produce clips to second rifle. think that some ugrades needed - like basic weaponry must be buyable, not produced. - as is. other those, that must be researched - are production tiers.

Is only a suggestion, we usually test the build exhaustedly for one week until release.

:/

I think that is fair for players that the mods are well build and tested. Is part of the rules of modding in the forum.

well, its just my mention. when you do something you can go two ways - make it at maximum, or fast and waste.

if you intrested in good mod and good play, so it be fair and workable - and even more - you feel it like this is your baby- you'll clear and paint it well. so if you want to share with others - people would be glad.

if it's bad, really undone - they would be sad - so this was the aim than? strange logic.

at the second type - we see a today's "normal" way to make games at all - just throw the piece of undone shit to the market and rework with tonns of patches after using players as beta testers... whom you doesn't pay and even more... who are paying for game to you. suer strange logic, yes?

bad situation at all.

no pleasure so i delete it.

Slayer, you are doing intresting things, but as idea. realisation is bugged at some like alpha level.

I also support Slayer and send some observations about Corp mod. Slayers is very talented and is making such a interesting thing. But still if he has nice ideas and development, he is still making a Add-on for XNT. I had lot of work right not on the Core files, if I had more time I will help slayer to complete this mod.

Yes Kirill, as you say, is a personal work and all that stuff, but still players are "UNPACKING" mod in his vanilla versions or XNT versions, making his build unable to play. Sometimes is very hard revert a mod... if you don't believe me ask Kabill.

Slayer write me when your back, I will check the pack with you, to release a stable build.

First of all - Ive been away for the holiday.

Second of all - My mod v1.0.4 is verified and I've tested all the new content with Xenonauts 1.06 WITH XNT 5.2. You MUST install XNT 5.2 (not 5.22 or anything other version). Also any other mods, like Magnum-nauts are not compatible as they change the same files and the author does not want me to merge it. SO, if you are using other mods besides XNT 5.2, then its no surprise you will have crashes and missing text strings.

That being said, please do send me bug reports and I will investigate them anyway.

I am waiting for XNT 5.3 to update and I will release 1.0.5 for this mod to get all the new CE patch stuff, until then, be patient.

Hi Slayer

I'm getting ##### instead of propper nationalities and prev regiments with the new soldiers.

Sorry for the bug report though.

I absolutely do not change any strings for the default game (I only add new strings to the bottom of strings.xml), if you are missing these strings, its NOT from this mod, I can guarantee it. Make sure you install Xenonauts 1.06 and XNT 5.2 after, then use this mod.