[v1.06] Xenophobia Mod Compilation

xenobanner.jpg

Xenophobia Mod Compilation ver 1.1.1

Xenonauts ver. 1.0.7 (it may work with 1.0.8 as well, untested)

DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK - I think there's an CTD when entering ground combat. I am investigating.

Download v1.1.1 HERE (278MB)

Nexus Mod URL: NEXUS - XENOPHOBIA

Xenophobia is a mod pack compilation and economy addon for XNT: Into Darkness. It is recommended you play XNT first if you are not familiar with that mod.

Mods combined

• XNT 5.3
  • Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.25
  • Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4
  • Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement)
  • Ecomomy Restored (my previous mod)
  • Corporation Weapons Expansion for XNT (my previous mod)
  • Fire in the Hole
  • Skitso's Improved Tree Stumps
  • Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000
  • True laser beam
  • Khall's More Portraits
  • Shots replacement mod (improved projectile art)
  • Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod

Additional Changes

• Economy overhaul: Base starts with just 10 assault rifles, 20 magazines, 10 frag grenades, 10 smoke grenades and 10 medipacks.
  • No more "unlimited" weapons, equipment or ammo. (Vechicle equipment still is unlimited and unchanged, for now)
  • All solider weapons, ammo and equipment must now be paid for and manufactured. Everything unlocks for manufacture the same way as usual. Default weapons are available to purchase/build from the start of the game.
  • 66 new ranged weapons
  • 20 new melee weapons (with sounds)
  • 6 new shields (and you can repair and carry them in inventory!)
  • 2 new medical kits (small pill and ultra medipack)
  • Shield and medkit reload/refilling kits
  • New balanced base structures! (5 tiers of living quarters, workshops, labs, storerooms, medical centers)
  • 3 tiers of base turrets & radar buildings (3 tiers of radar, missle, laser, plasma, mag) turrets!
  • 1 new garage with added capacity
  • New multi-ammo rifle & shotgun and 4 new ammo types (AP, HE, ZAP, STUN)
  • Re-implemented particle beam heavy laser weapon & DHVRL
  • Added Improved barracks screen. Makes it easier to see all the troops at once (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Added Improved Mission and kill count in the GC equip window. The kills update during the missions (from Magnum-nauts by Mikhail Ragulin)
  • Manufacturing categories altered, Ammo & Armor now share the same category to sort weapons from ammo for easy viewing.
  • SORTED all weapons, armor, ammo and items into NEW categories for both inventory AND manufacturing:
  • Lasers & Plasmas now grouped under "Energy" tab

• MAGs and other heavy/unique ranged weapons under "Advanced" tab

• Melee tab added to support and sort the new melee weapons

• Medikits moved to "Melee" tab.

• Explosive C4 and Breaching charges moved to "Grenades" tab

• Equipment/Other is for shields mainly now.

• Everything properly placed in the research trees to unlock and discover!

xenopreview.jpg

Recommended Changes

Slightly increase your starting funds in gameconfig.xml is recommended as you now need to pay for alot more than before.

Installation:

1. 1. Xenonauts v1.07 (v1.08 may work also, untested)
  2. 2. Install XNT 5.3
  3. (you do NOT need to install FiTH maps & tiles, its already included!)
  4. 3. Copy Xenophobia files to /assets/ and overwrite when prompted
  5. 4. Play and report any bugs you find so I can continue to improve this mod!

Credits and Thanks

Check for latest version at Forum thread:

- Goldhawk

http://www.xenonauts.com

- Xenonauts community

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums

- XNT - Into Darkness team

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10934-%28New-version%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-2-PlatinumDragon-%28New-Game-Universe-Mod%29

- Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.25+ (Thank you Solver!)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10797-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-23

- Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement) (and all his other great mods)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10967-V1-07-Skitso-s-Sleek-AI-Turn-%28Removes-Hidden-Movement%29

- Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics v0.4

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10368-MOD-WIP-Asymmetric-Weapons-Tech-with-Plausible-Advanced-Ballistics

- Fire in the Hole! Destructible UFO Hulls (v1.3.3)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10909-v1-06-X-CE-v0-21-Fire-in-the-Hole!-Destructible-UFO-Hulls-%28v1-3-3%29

- Magnum-nauts

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11189-v1-07-Magnum-nauts

- Mobile Infantry jackal armor replacement mod

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11286-Mobile-Infantry-Would-you-like-to-know-more

Disclaimer

This is a compilation pack to make several mods play nicely together and it took a lot of effort from both the original authors and myself, if any original author wishes their mod pack data removed, then please send me a PM to discuss. Its all data that is publicly available, I'm merely combining it and adding some of my own stuff for fun and not-for-profit. Any of the XML files, you may edit as you desire, just give credit to those hard working modders!

xenophobia (4).jpg

xenophobia (4).jpg

577e7d031ddb0_xenophobia(4).thumb.jpg.4d

Edited by Slayerjerman
Update 2

This may seem a silly question... But where do I buy weapons / ammo?

EDIT: other than the stuff that is craftable.

EDIT: I'd like to change the workshop/labs to having a 15 man capacity... Where do I find the file?

Edited by Naresh

This may seem a silly question... But where do I buy weapons / ammo?

EDIT: other than the stuff that is craftable.

EDIT: I'd like to change the workshop/labs to having a 15 man capacity... Where do I find the file?

You manufacture all ammos and weapons. Lasers/Plasmas and other weapons unlock for manufacturing after you research them as normal

How many weapons do u have got in this compilation in total?

63 new weapons.

+30 from my Corp weapons expansion 1.0.4

+20 from Asymetrical 0.3

+13 from XNT 5.2

Edited by Slayerjerman

Just saw you've included a "new multi-ammo rifle" with 3 ammo types. I'm wondering whether you've got any UI support for that and if so, how you did it (i.e. where does the ammo show up in the equip-soldier screen? Is there a way to make it display with the weapon or have you had to put it somewhere else?).

Medipacks, Combat Shields, C4 and breaching charges should be available by default, if not, please let me know. I'll go ahead and look into it as it may be a bug or something I overlooked to enable by default. I bet thats whats going on.

FIXED. I missed those items inside Manufactures.xml. v.1.0.1 is up.

Edited by Slayerjerman

Just saw you've included a "new multi-ammo rifle" with 3 ammo types. I'm wondering whether you've got any UI support for that and if so, how you did it (i.e. where does the ammo show up in the equip-soldier screen? Is there a way to make it display with the weapon or have you had to put it somewhere else?).

It works the same as the rocket launcher, when you equip a solider in the GS screen, the rifle shows "Empty" like an empty rocket launcher. Sadly, you can't load the weapon in the GS the first time and you'll have to load your ammo in-combat. The weapon will show the currently used magazine ammo type on the image of the weapon (again, same as how the rocket launcher shows your currently loaded rocket type).

There are a few non-critical bugs with the Multi-ammo rifle:

• You can't load ammo directly by drag-n-drop in the GS equipment screen, the rifle will show "Empty" and you must load it for the first time during combat.

• You can't load standard Assault Rifle ammo magazines directly by drag-n-drop in-combat. You'll have to put the default ammo magazines in your belt and use the quick reload to load basic ammo into the rifle.

• The weapon will accept rockets as ammo (a bug with how the ammo types work), but ANY rocket loaded will result in the weapon loading a standard rifle magazine. So its another way to load default ammo.

• Unloading a special ammo magazine will not show it's ammo%, its because it thinks the magazine is a rocket and doesn't treat it like other ammo magazines.

Despite these oddball bugs that I have been unable to solve, the rifle works wonderfully for swapping ammo types. The ammos are balanced so they are similar to the default rifle ammo damage and have various effects.

Any chance you can drop the manufacture times of things a bit? as it stands it takes me a good few weeks to get going with weapons, and I'm constantly running out of ammo...

On a side note, this mod makes the game brutally hard. Some experimented humans or something and a few Sebillians with what looked like rocket launchers absolutely destroyed me in three turns...

- Just my comment, not a request for change

Eh...it doesn't have to do anything with this mod but XNT.So before you try this mod (which is something like add-on or submod) get familiar with XNT.And btw those "rocket guns" are vortex weapons which in most cases knockdown soldier they do not kill him and you can use med pack to wake him up.

Edited by Sentelin

Any chance you can drop the manufacture times of things a bit? as it stands it takes me a good few weeks to get going with weapons, and I'm constantly running out of ammo...

Agreed, the time values I had for ammo manufacturing were temporary, I've now balanced them to lower the time it takes to make simple ammo so that they are much much easier to produce. v1.0.2

XNT Add more weapons (+17), but Im not completely sure how do you add or balance Asymmetric + XNT + Corp.

Remember add weapons is not an easy task.

Asymmetric weapons are completely Overpowered...

Slayerjerman, We'll be glad if you ask us what we think about Modding compilation before release.

Limited ammo is a good addition but can be too punishing.

Maybe you can aware players to play XNT first to get familiar.

Interesting idea.

I'm will be trying to keep the combined stuff on par with the balanced you guys established in XNT. That being said, I've seen overpowered weapons in XNT (basic shotgun and machinegun alone seem OP on Veteran to me, but that's my opinion). I'm dont want to dictate balance, but rather just give players a variety of things to use.

As of right now in v1.0.2, I have not changed any weapon values for XNT or Asymmetrical guns. They are the same as the original mods, for now. :)

I'm will be trying to keep the combined stuff on par with the balanced you guys established in XNT. That being said, I've seen overpowered weapons in XNT (basic shotgun and machinegun alone seem OP on Veteran to me, but that's my opinion). I'm dont want to dictate balance, but rather just give players a variety of things to use.

As of right now in v1.0.2, I have not changed any weapon values for XNT or Asymmetrical guns. They are the same as the original mods, for now. :)

^^

Just be careful with Asymmetric weapons

That is a nice idea for a mod, should save some headache from people using multiple mods.

Altought any chance for standalone for the additional features?

Additional Changes

[*]Economy overhaul: Base starts with just 10 assault rifles, 20 magazines, 10 frag grenades, 10 smoke grenades and 10 medipacks.

[*]No more "unlimited" weapons, equipment or ammo. (Vechicle equipment still is unlimited and unchanged, for now)

[*]All solider weapons, ammo and equipment must now be paid for and manufactured. Everything unlocks for manufacture the same way as usual. Default weapons are available to purchase/build from the start of the game.

That is a nice idea for a mod, should save some headache from people using multiple mods.

Altought any chance for standalone for the additional features?

Standalone? Do you mean the economy changes for the vanilla version of the game?

Yeah I can whip up a set of files for vanilla. Will take some time, I'll post it on the OP when its ready. Maybe by tomorrow.

DONE - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11175-v1-06-Economy-Restored

Edited by Slayerjerman

v.1.0.3 in OP :cool:
  • Fixed all Asymmetrical Weapons ammo to properly show up in manufacturing.

• Adjusted Ammo manufacturing times to be much lower.

• Minor tweak to costs for advanced weapons ammo types.

Nice job!

I manage to test some of the Corp Mod weapons, did you get the permissions for arts? :D

theres another crash problem ... dont know if its a known issue ...

when building the rocket launcher hunter scout car at the workshop and you click on the vehicle tab the game crashes too...

after you have finished it you can click on the vehicle tab and there are no ctds

Edited by cart01