DLC/paid/free

Ok so this is the thread i meant to post a while ago.. but here it is ..

I suppose that lots of us ( a majority) thinks that this is one of the greatest turn base strategy game since orginall X-com..!!! but still its lack of Content , that was einter cut off from the game or never was planed to released..

Personally i think that modding its a great thing.. but I could pay even up to 50$ just to grab New Content to the game .. I mean new Armors type ( maybe Predator heavy Mk2 with jump pack.. etc), weapons,Vehicles(including Landmates,Walkers) crafts, Maps,( i already download new map pack mod - it is great), maybe aliens..

So really i konw that there is XNT- INTO DARKNESS mod , but I really like the game it is and i dont want such a radicall change to the game , just New Content like was mentioned before , and of corse made form "Da vinci" Chris hand..

Of corse there could/should maybe be free Dlc.. but honestly i know that working for free maybe makes you happirer but you wont buy a Bread and butter for that...

I and my friends are willing to pay to get new DLC....

Waht do ya thinks Commanders

Best

Well, if you want to DLC so much, go to the modding section and rename the mods you see to something more DLC-ish like "Ballistic Weapon Pack" or "Revengeance map pack". If you really want to pay for the job, just ask the modders if they want some dosh. :)

Seriously - modders are much better than paid DLC.

I think Chris said their *might* be a 1.1 patch and extra content was mooted as a possibility, rather than there being an explicit promise.

If it happens, I imagine extra content might come primarily in the form of extra maps, since I'm not sure it would be easy to add much else. It wouldn't surprise me if they integrated some mod stuff into the game too (e.g. the community edition mod, since there's not really any reason not to use it). Chris seems pretty keen on the modular UFO idea, too, although whether some good enough designs come out to make it worth his while is another matter entirely.

I think Chris said their *might* be a 1.1 patch and extra content was mooted as a possibility, rather than there being an explicit promise.

I agree but that's still exactly the opposite of "there will be no new content because the dev team is sick of the engine" which keeps being reiterated over and over again.

Something much quicker and easier than doing entirely original content would simply be to finish the content that was halfway done but never implemented. There are art assets and code entries for a number of weapons, armours, and at least one aircraft and land vehicle that never made the cut. Seeing the flamethrower/plasma torch/incendiary and nerve gas grenades/DVHLR/colossus/saracen/etc. finished off and all put into a pack would be more than enough for me. I'd pay for it.

Yes that could solve the problem too...

and really i would pay 10-15 $ for a dlc even when game cost 25$- Why you say beacouse he gets my all support. I cant sit with him and talk hours about the game .. but i can give him ideas and money to support.

For me Ufo is something from my Childhood.. And If i were a milioneer i would give him milon buck to make UFO with Great engoine/graphics, Lots of content...

And dont forget about the fees charged by the Steam and Desura.

But anyway GH is probably fixing bugs right now. And modders are rly workful. Ofaurse we cannot expect anything to be done tomorow but in a matter of weeks or months modders will make this game really better i believe.

Yes that could solve the problem too...

and really i would pay 10-15 $ for a dlc even when game cost 25$- Why you say beacouse he gets my all support. I cant sit with him and talk hours about the game .. but i can give him ideas and money to support.

I bet you also play Call of Duty and buy all the map packs...

No im not

Honestly i dont play call of duty games sice high school - Now when im 31 age old i almost work .. and play occasionally .. Like i said this is the game from my childhood.. its somewhat important to me.. thats all..

But if you really want to know i will buy Witcher 3 since im from Poland

Best