[V1.07] Skitso's Femonauts

Skitso

You are offended by me being offended? Well, thats just silly. Excuse me for being offended that apparently every darn game with female characters in them has to have mods that "improve" female characters to be more "attractive" or "feminine" even in context where it doesn't make sense. I'd have never even thought of someone getting idea to do that in this type of game. I'm tired of the fact that is a thing.

Sure you are allowed to do whatever you want, but I'm still allowed to show my opinion. And that comment "This mod is as creepy as you are being hypocritical"? What does that even mean? You can't say that this mod isn't creepy at all just because it isn't explicit. Its a subjective opinion, so you are saying that by objective standards this mod isn't creepy? Since by your logic, I find these types of mods to be creepy so apparently I am as hypocritical as... Yeah, I can't exactly see how I'm being hypocritical here so I can't begin to figure out that sentence.

Its kinda amazing how apparently only positive opinions are allowed, someone makes negative one and suddenly everyone is jumps to defense. And apparently creating accounts(or rather making their first post ever) JUST to comment on it. And a lot of paragraphs to the boot. People, Skitso has done a lot of awesome mods, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to express negative opinions on one of them :P Just because you don't find anything wrong with it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with your opinion

Edited by XenoMask

Then hopefully you won't be upset that I'm offended by your avatar ;)

Yeah, I've been wondering about its phallicness myself :P

@XenoMask: Just let it be, please.

But ya are repressing my freedom of the speech D:

Besides, I'd like to add that I still don't get why you are offended by someone else being offended, but I guess I have to point it out that I don't think you are creepy for making this mod. Creepy mod =/= creepy modder. From what I see, you did this because you'd thought it would be funny. I just don't like this trend of mods so I don't find it very amusing. I was just checking though completed mods and I noticed "Femonauts? Huh I wonder what that is- Oh." and felt need to post my first reaction.

Only way I'd have found this you personally creepy would have been if 1) You'd have include a comment about "improving" female characters and about how this is much better than vanilla game in fashion that shows you are totally being serious 2) You'd removed all faces that are "unattractive" in your opinion 3) You'd have changed skin color lighter for non white people.

Seriously, frick racist and "This is what I think female characters should look like" mods <_< I don't like using Nexus anymore because quite a lot of mods there are like that...

Ah wait, you are thinking my "This is wrong on so many levels" was referring to the mod?

Nah, that was referring to dizzle's statement about women looking like men. And you can't say that mod which's purpose is to make women have clearer buxom ISN'T shameless :P

Ah wait, you are thinking my "This is wrong on so many levels" was referring to the mod?

Nah, that was referring to dizzle's statement about women looking like men in default game. And you can't say that mod which's purpose is to make women have clearer buxom, notable waist and "different" pants ISN'T shameless by default :P

But it isn't. I just wanted women in this game to... you know, not look like trans gender mutants.

FYI, women were a very late and quick addition to this game, and GH didn't want to pay that much attention/time/resources to it, thus the female body graphics are just a lightly modified male versions with completely wrong anatomy and non feminine posture.

I don't imply that this mod has perfect anatomy, mind you, but with a bit rounded shoulders, slimmer waist and.. humm... fuller chest area, they at least look a bit like women.

And a disclaimer to the end: this mod was never meant to be a nude mod or anything in that sense.

Edited by Skitso

XenoMask, I'm not offended at your being offended. In fact, I'm not offended at all. I'm just sick of the way people are so eager to jump on the "that's offensive" bus. There's nothing offensive about this mod.

To clarify, I said that it's just as offensive to imply that the women in the game have to look manly, just because they are militant. It's sort of the same thing as saying that you can't be wearing the uniform if you don't look like a man.

I get where you are coming from though, the media puts a lot of pressure on women and having the "perfect" figure and whatnot, but this isn't one of those instances. It's just a dude, making a mod to make the women look less like dudes.

My point is that when people take offence to everything it ends up screwing over the few people who didn't mean to offend anyone. You also end up feeding the people who get kicks out of complaining about being offended.

You mentioned objectivity and subjectivity, but did you at all consider Skitso's point of view when you chose your words?

I'm also fine with people raising their opinions. Go nuts, but at least present it in a way that isn't insulting or you know, don't go looking for something offensive where there really isn't anything to be offended by.

Also I'd like to point out that the games that have the kinds of mods that bother you also have mods that make men more muscular, add bigger units etc. This problem goes both ways. If you really want to complain about something offensive, go and find something that is actually offensive.

I hope that clears up what I said and understand that I am not trying to make anyone aggro. Maybe we should leave the matter or you can PM me if you really still want to discuss anything further with me (as long as the discussion remains civil)

Eh, I don't think you need to delete this conversation.*shrugs* But you'll do that if you want to.

Anyway, I never thought that default game female soldiers looked manly <_< Which is why I find it odd that you think they look so manly manbearzombie. Also, criticism should be always allowed, I shouldn't be told that I can't tell my opinion in case someone's feelings' get hurt. Besides, worst thing I said about this mod is that I find it "shameless", worse things I said were aimed at Dizzle's statement.

Also, mods involving female characters are way more common than male attractiveness ones. Trust me, I do know that, I was actually trying to find good mods(I ended up learning that quest mods are really rare <_< Most of mods that aren't "Let's make female characters more attractive" are just armor mods. And quite lots of those are like "Skeleton bikini" or other really revealing ones when they aren't just plain cool ones) in Nexus only to notice that majority of them are really really offensive. Heck, the cheesecake mod by itself isn't a problem, problem is when it becomes a trend. If there was just one such mod for each game on nexus, I couldn't even notice it, but since there are so many of them... :P Racistic ones really made me sick though...

Nah, criticism is always allowed, constructive criticism is preferable option when possible..

Besides, how would you suggest I'd give constructive criticism on this considering my opinions?

Looking at the discussion you could make a PR move and rename it "Skitso's Controversial Femonauts".

Thats technically false advertising considering that this mod isn't THAT offensive :P People might expect armor bikinis!

Yeah, when it serves the public interest. You're simply belittling an idea you disagree with. Nobody gains anything from that so what is the point? I'd understand if you'd be criticizing you're government or whatever for passing a controversial policy or something, because there it is helpful and even important. It is the whole point of freedom of speech and it empowers you to speak out against things that affect you.

But this mod doesn't affect you in any way so why go out of your way to be a butt about it? I mean you could say anything here and I can promise you that the real problem will still be out there and you'd have just wasted your time here as an excuse to say you did your part for what you believe in without actually doing anything.

What I'm saying is that if this is just about your opinion, there are better places to discuss that without insulting someones work. Or at the very least, if you're into that, pick work that deserves to be insulted.

Besides, you could have simply said that the mod isn't for you, which offends nobody, and is just as pointless. So you'd achieve the exact same thing without coming across as offensive yourself.

@ Skitso

I suggest deleting this thread, then re-creating and immediately closing it to further replies. As silly as the outcry is against this mod (seriously, if you don't like it why are you here), I can guarantee that the offenders will simply post again in the new thread. Have to get the final say in on the Internet, and all that. Great work, as always.

@ Skitso

I suggest deleting this thread, then re-creating and immediately closing it to further replies. As silly as the outcry is against this mod (seriously, if you don't like it why are you here), I can guarantee that the offenders will simply post again in the new thread. Have to get the final say in on the Internet, and all that. Great work, as always.

How so? I wasn't going to post again :P

Besides, wanting to get final say is pointless. It means nothing

Its kinda amazing how apparently only positive opinions are allowed, someone makes negative one and suddenly everyone is jumps to defense. And apparently creating accounts(or rather making their first post ever) JUST to comment on it. And a lot of paragraphs to the boot. People, Skitso has done a lot of awesome mods, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to express negative opinions on one of them :P Just because you don't find anything wrong with it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with your opinion

I can't help to feel targeted by this quote and as such would like to comment on it before dropping the discussion. You mention that you did not aim some of your critique to Skitso but that was far from obvious by your post and I think in the future you should put more effort in showing who you direct your words to. I myself read your post as if it was directed entirely towards Skitso.

I registered because I felt the need to respond to yours and others posts about the mod. The thing I think a lot of people forget is that modders do content for us for free. If you don't like the content that is fine but to give too much critique or give it too harshly risks scaring away the modder who might not want to share his created content in the future because of the critique he might recieve. And to loose any future work from Skitso is something that I feel would be a very bad thing for this game and its community.

Now sexism is real and I think your critique would be valid if it was directed at more "extreme" mods, you yourself point out that this is the least offensive one you have stumbled upon. I simply felt that your critique was too harsh and I'm not trying to repress your freedom of speech, I am simply using my own.

I thought it was obvious since I quoted someone else that I was commenting on someone else's post <_< Why I otherwise would have quoted Dizzle?

Again, harshest thing I said that this mod is shameless. Do I have poor understanding about meaning of that word or something? As far as I'm aware, it means "without shame" aka doing something without feeling embarrassed or shamed about it despite the that you probably should feel guilty. Or is word "shame" much harsher than I what I think it is?

Is there any way to adjust the height back of these women to default? I'm using another mod with better faces, but I like this one for the women bodies. However, the two don't quite seem to line up in game. These bodies are shorter and reveal problems with the other mods faces. I.e. You can see shoulders where you shouldn't.

Hope what I'm trying to say isn't hard to understand.

Okay guys, the points everyone's been making are now being repeated in slightly different ways. Everyone who has an opinion on this has planted their flag in the ground and isn't going to move from it. Can I please ask that everyone move away from the discussion, or I'll have to lock the thread which is something I don't want to do.

Ok, won't post further in this thread, if someone for some reason wants to reply to me, do it in PM, don't post here.

Also, since I've been told here repeatedly about wording my criticism in the way that doesn't hurt feelings and apparently feelings got hurt, umm, sorry to everyone who got hurt, that that wasn't my intention.

This mod looks very interesting, I am going to try it out I think.

It's a shame you couldn't go a little further with it, and give the female soldiers hot-pants and tie around summer shirts, that would look so cool. But I guess you are restricted as to how far you can mod them.

Update: I have just tried out the mod, and it looks great. My lady's now look like lady's.

Question: I have removed my Jsleezy's portraits for the time being as someone on this post says that the female heads do not line up with the new bodies. How many pixels or whatever would I have to drop the heads to line up?

Keep up the good work, and remember that the best artists always attract the worst cynics. ;)

Edited by Moonie