Workshop Categories?

WarStalkeR

A long time ago, in a gala... Ahem... When I played Xenonauts before, I remember workshop had seven categories as shown in this image:

2014-03-31_00007.jpg

But now, there are only 4 categories: Soldier Weapons, Armour, Vehicles, Aircraft. So my question is: how do I add back rest of the categories?

You draw such general conclusions based on the fact you aren't forced to micromanage your aircraft and vehicle ammo production?
Yeah. Because of such important hardcore parts, such as base micromanagement, which were in original X-COM, Xenonauts had the right to be called true X-COM successor, but now, after removing such feature from Xenonauts (which is inspired by X-COM) it feels as if X-COM's soul that lived inside Xenonauts is killed off. Edited by WarStalkeR

Fair enough, that's your opinion. I politely and firmly disagree. This kind of micromanagement would be a total deal breaker for me personally.

In the same time if that's the only thing that would make the game a good or bad one for you it's highly unlikely you will enjoy many new titles. After all Xenonauts has merits on its own, it's not just another clone.

After all Xenonauts has merits on its own, it's not just another clone.
When I got game during development stages, it was already better then original. But now... It is not... With such changes toward casualty...

Anyway, I will use legacy version in steam as starting point and it seems I will need to make mod to rewrite pretty everything to make it hardcore as it should have been... Without any self-upgradeable stuff for free...

Edited by WarStalkeR

WarStalkeR, automatic upgrades to aircraft missiles and aircraft weapons happened quite a while ago - any legacy version of Xenonauts buried in Steam will have auto upgrading of aircraft. How did you miss that?
Well, I've started with version 17, then I dropped it due the bugs, then I continued with version 19, then I dropped it again and then I decided to wait for final release.

So what you're saying is you weren't willing to play with the bugs and provide feedback but now you want to complain because a feature you liked has been removed?
And I have no right to do so? I think I do... What thoughts have passed through developers' heads, so they removed such important part of the game that were making Xenonauts true successor to first X-COM.

IMO, industrial micromanagement was irreplaceable part of the first X-COM, which made it a truly hardcore classical game... And as I said, by removing it, is same like cutting the right leg from healthy human. But thanks to the modding capability, everything still can be fixed (probably).

Shame I don't have access to the source code.

Industrial micromanagement in X-COM? Sir, are you serious? The part of "equipping" aircraft was click few buttons and you're done. You're complaining just for the sake of complaining.
And producing equipment? And gathering required materials from aliens?

So basically... Xenonauts turned from hardcore game to casual ****? Thanks developers for ruining such epic game...

LMFAO!

Congrats! You and those who behave like you are one of the biggest problems with games of this genre, and most niche genres!

Edited by Dandywalken

And producing equipment? And gathering required materials from aliens?

Both still present for ground combat.

Aircraft weapons auto upgrade because the devs found the focus of the game drifting away from ground combat.

They wanted the air combat mini game to be a bit of a change of pace, not the part of the game that ate up the majority of your time and funds.

The majority of the changes can be easily adjusted by using the xml files to tune it to whatever play style you want.

Hopefully you will be able to come up with an interesting mod and share it with others who would enjoy it as much as you.

Think that was an ´off´call, I liked having to upgrade my fighters as well as my troops. Though if the craft and vehicle weapon upgrades appear again in game, one would need to reduce time to the production of infantry arms as well, both in materials and time (or keep time and increase ufo salvage numbers).

Mind you won´t loose sleep about it, but it would have been something nice to have as an ¨optional¨ or hell, higher difficulty.