Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

I can confirm I'm seeing this exact problem with a dropship stuck in flight, I can't make it land, can't decommission, transfer, or make it run out of fuel. I tried directing it to another crash site but it won't land there either.

Does anyone want to run a quick test?

http://www.xenonauts.com/modbuilds/community0.25hf.zip

That should not fail when loading late-game saves, and any non-corrupted saves. Saves where the planes stop and hover are corrupted and will not work properly.

There's researches.xml and researches_lore.xml in the archive - those with Lore+ should use researches_lore.xml.

Does anyone want to run a quick test?

http://www.xenonauts.com/modbuilds/community0.25hf.zip

That should not fail when loading late-game saves, and any non-corrupted saves. Saves where the planes stop and hover are corrupted and will not work properly.

There's researches.xml and researches_lore.xml in the archive - those with Lore+ should use researches_lore.xml.

Just checked the 0.25HF, looks good here.

Btw, was curious if its normal for Ironman to lag considerably in the GC upon soldier deaths, rockets, and other events. I'm assuming it is since its saving constantly, but was wondering if maybe this is a personal issue. I've been playing self imposed Ironman with just one autosave to get the better performance. Also the main menu background flickers for me upon selecting a clipboard option. I've had these issues since 1.0, and seeing as how they were not a big deal I didn't mention it earlier.

Edited by Zealin

So, to clarify this hotfix won't fix the broken saves? Which means I'll have to re-run the terror mission I ran before my dropship go stuck in flight?

I loaded up an older save (since I didn't have the terror mission autosave) and immediately got research complete on Alien Officer Interrogation , so I tasked something else, and that immediately completed - I repeated this until I managed to research everything I could in essentially zero time.

Edited by szyzyg

Very interesting. I play 3 weeks from that save, and not even Officer Interrogation gets researched, let alone anything else. Which is also wrong.

What other mods do you have installed?

Try reloading the save - it goes back and forth - first load - nothing gets researched, next time I load everything gets researched instantly.

Only mod I have is a map pack.