Predator Armour weapon compatibility

What weapons are supposed to be usable with Predator Assault Armour? At first I was excited to research it, because it's effect on encumbrance would let me carry a rocket launcher as an extra weapon for my heavy weapon guys... but apparently it can't use a rocket launcher? That's a buzz kill.

The Predator is supposed to be all about heavy weapons, so if the intention is that it can only use machine guns as opposed to all heavy weapons, then the descriptions ought to focus on that. As it is, the description gives a lot of hype to an attribute that basically does nothing but let fresh recruits with no strength carry extra batteries for their machine gun.

Or, instead of revising the text, it could be allowed to use ALL heavy weapons. Because that's how it should be. :P

Sniper rifles are classified as heavy? Damn, I played through the whole game not realizing that I was getting heavy weapon penalties for moving my snipers around.

Hmm I only have the heavy laser at the moment and it's not so good. Finding my predator armour (one guy so far, resources are tight!) is better used as a grenade launcher.

What? They can't? I am sorry but that is just retarded. I know the Engine sucks, but the first thing everybody thinks when they read the description of the Predator Armor is "Guy with heavy plasma and rockets". And you seriously want to tell me that noone of you thought about that?

It's nothing to do with the engine. When the animator was doing the animations, I decided we didn't want the Predator to have the rocket launcher and therefore we never got any rocket launcher animations done for it.

Even if I wanted to change my decision now the animations are finished and we'd have to bring an animator back if we want to give the Predator a rocket launcher.

It's nothing to do with the engine. When the animator was doing the animations, I decided we didn't want the Predator to have the rocket launcher and therefore we never got any rocket launcher animations done for it.

Even if I wanted to change my decision now the animations are finished and we'd have to bring an animator back if we want to give the Predator a rocket launcher.

True, but there is nothing stopping you from giving them a "special" upgraded version of another weapon that only they can carry. Like instead of an LMG an HMG, same look, huge damage/penetration increase.