[v18.3 HF2 Geoscape]Still no laser ammo on research

Can verify this, and fixed it in my own game. Its because the research topic "Laser Weaponry" unlocks 'Item.Lasercell' rather than 'ammo.laser.lasercell'. Switching them in the researches.xml set laser ammo to infinite when I researched Laser tech.

Can verify this, and fixed it in my own game. Its because the research topic "Laser Weaponry" unlocks 'Item.Lasercell' rather than 'ammo.laser.lasercell'. Switching them in the researches.xml set laser ammo to infinite when I researched Laser tech.

As ammo for plasma and T4 weapons was changed to unlimited too, this fix is needed for them as well, i think.

Has not actually checked in game, but corresponding changes in "researches.xml" is identical, so.

If someone has already moved pas laser and plasma research the clips have to be enabled manually. One way to do this would be to modify the researches.xml file.

1. Simply paste following rows into the "When finished" column of the xml next to a research you are currently doing in the game:

UnlockItem("ammo.laser.lasercell");

UnlockItem("ammo.plasma.plasmacell");

2. Don't forget to use ALT+ENTER to go to the next row while staying in the cell

3. Now wait until the research is done and the clips will become available

There is also probably a more direct way to enable them without having to wait for the next research to end, but am gonna hit the hay for now ;)

Despite having this update I still do not have the laser cells available, either for research or manufacture.

I researched all laser weapons, but have no research or manufacture for Laser cells.

I even loaded a savegame from before I researched laser weapons and still dont have them.

Only way I could get them was to set the laser cells to unlimited in the items.XML file

Edited by Bansheedragon

If someone has already moved pas laser and plasma research the clips have to be enabled manually. One way to do this would be to modify the researches.xml file.

1. Simply paste following rows

[...]

Don't forget to use ALT+ENTER to go to the next row while staying in the cell

I hope classical old-style plain-text editor (unaware of 'cells', 'rows' and 'alt-enter') will not spoil this XML?

(I prefer not to install extra MS products when I can manage without)