(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.7 - "BlackDragon version" (New Aliens and weapons)

ATENTION NO.22

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hello community,

I right now executing exhaustive evaluations and fixes of V22 Exp 10.

Please hold your game for some hours until I made the changes.

Every player experimenting lock on Base update issues please contact me and I fix the saved games.

Thank you!

Here, TD. Same save yet. I didn't made any progress since the bug. Neither I tested the new experimental build.

http://www.filedropper.com/base_1

By the way, TD. Chris said that the new experimental build will break savegames. So I think there is no point in fixing that save if I had to start another anyway, right?

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Here, TD. Same save yet. I didn't made any progress since the bug. Neither I tested the new experimental build.

http://www.filedropper.com/base_1

By the way, TD. Chris said that the new experimental build will break savegames. So I think there is no point in fixing that save if I had to start another anyway, right?

You right... sorry pal :/

HIDDEN RESEARCH PATH NEW WEAPONS! NO.23

Hello great Players!

This time we want to surprise you all, we right now developing new advanced weapons and making little adjustments.

The good new is that we have a secret, yes a hidden research path for two nw weapons. In this post I only will upload the stats.

This weapons will be implemented today.

I hope you like it!

TACTICAL ROCKET LAUNCHER - RPG Sulfur SS-6

RPGSulfur.jpg

Fire Mode:

Burst Fire 55AP - 28% accuracy

Fire Rate: Low

Clip Size: 3x Mini Rocket bundle

Damage: Compact Rocket (Depend on explosive tech, but they have 60% of the original rocket)

Armor Penetration: Incendiary Explosive

Range of effect: Medium range

Tactical Notes:

- The compact model of rockets allow this weapon fire the full load of explosives.

- You can impact heavy covered aliens and affect his stability in combat.

- Idea to break down buildings and LOS obstacles.

- Difficult to reload, only veterans or powered armors can handle this weapon.

- Dangerous to use in close spaces. ALERT DONT USE THIS WEAPON IN URBAN ENVIROMENTS!

HEAVY ADVANCED ROCKET LAUNCHER - RPG Rage YT-63

RPGRage.jpg

Fire Mode:

Burst Fire 50AP - 30% accuracy

Fire Rate: Medium

Clip Size: 6x Mini Rocket bundle

Damage: Compact Rocket (Depend on explosive tech, but they have 60% of the original rocket)

Armor Penetration: Incendiary Explosive

Range of effect: Medium range

Tactical Notes:

- The compact model of rockets allow this weapon fire the full load of explosives.

- You can impact heavy covered aliens and affect his stability in combat.

- Idea to break down buildings and LOS obstacles.

- Heavy to carry even for powered armors, intended only to use with power armors like a slow explosive plataform.

- Dangerous to use in close spaces. ALERT DONT USE THIS WEAPON IN URBAN ENVIROMENTS!

RPGSulfur.jpg

RPGRage.jpg

RPGSulfur.jpg.b4ed453dbaac2ea2f31ac8d4a6

RPGRage.jpg.3cbe735c2b70b14e2ac07568f03d

Omg, man! You did something similar to the OG auto cannon! That's freaking awesome! But it made me wonder if they aren't to OP... I mean, you ripped the aliens off in those videos.

By the way, with it, I will redo my RRE tactic... now it will be RR3xE... three times more "explode"! Hahhahaha!

But, anyway... I think I will be waiting until friday to test those. Xeno probably will be released that day and maybe the final version wont be compatible with the experimental builds.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Omg, man! You did something similar to the OG auto cannon! That's freaking awesome! But it made me wonder if they aren't to OP... I mean, you ripped the aliens off in those videos.

By the way, with it, I will redo my RRE tactic... now it will be RR3xE... three times more "explode"! Hahhahaha!

xD! hahahaha

I test this weapons for a week, they are not unbalanced. For the next reasons:

- This weapons are hidden and hard to get.

- Normally people unlock the Tactical RPG at Tier 2+ or if your a real veteran you can get it on Tier2-.

- Compact rockets do less damage.

- This weapons normally has lot of restrictions, place to launch, not for all maps, not for all enemies.

- Tier 2+ and Tier 3 enemies are really strong and quick after the update H9.

- This weapon can lead you to heavy accidents.

- And the most IMPORTANT thing if you abuse of this weapons you dont get any money at all or destroy important tech items. In my play test a light UFO fully destroyed by this weapons give me only.... $2000.... 100 times less tan Airstriking xD

For this reasons this weapon is a suport pillar for some kind of breach, specially taking heavy protected Alien Bases and UFO doors.

I put Xenopedia entry with the stats and image.

For now I have not add the entry on hovering mouse.

Can you see xenopedia entry? the stealth update change Xenopedia.xml you need to donwload it and add it to the game.

Any way I have made a minor change in xenopedia, is better that you download it again.

By the way, TD. I think none of the new weapons show their stats in the game, I always have to come to the forum to see it (you know, when you hover the mouse of a gun in the equipment screen and it show it TU costs, etc).

Do you pretend to add it later?

Im working on this one, a quick update can show the weapon stats.

Started a new round, the Ceasans on my second scout ufo killed all my soldiers.

They just snipe / reactionfire you to death.

I make some moddifications on the AI ...

That bad?

Difficulty level?

In other hand I mod the UfoContent of almost all ufos and focer the ocurrence of mission "Ground Attack" in Scouts. When you had bad luck and face a Small UFO prepared for combat they configuration and tactic is hardcore.

I introduce two AI scripts for experienced aliens and other more for Melee units.

Edited by TacticalDragon

I have a modding question. The weapon variety you are offering for the Xenonauts team to mess with is all fine and dandy but... is it possible to add more diversity to the alien weapons? For instance they only use grenades in terms of explosives. I really think adding just a few different types of alien guns would truly bring something to the game in terms of challenge, tactics and establishing more memorable foes. Of course it would also be a challenge to balance them but that goes for just about anything modded in.

I have a modding question. The weapon variety you are offering for the Xenonauts team to mess with is all fine and dandy but... is it possible to add more diversity to the alien weapons? For instance they only use grenades in terms of explosives. I really think adding just a few different types of alien guns would truly bring something to the game in terms of challenge, tactics and establishing more memorable foes. Of course it would also be a challenge to balance them but that goes for just about anything modded in.

Thanks for touching this point. The answer is yes indeed.

In XNT Into Darkness aliens have this characteristics:

- Some of them have gas grenades and nerve gas grenades.

- Most of the alien weapons has been changed.

- There are new aliens.

- Elite Aliens stats and AI is completly different to vanilla, deal with them is pretty hard.

Right now we are working on:

- 2x New alien weapons

- Make a exclusive weapons for Delta Viper

- New type of viper.

I ask to guiovanni about some mods that I want to make with the random "Crash site" from local forces, I want to make special missions with speciall hidden tech. Something like a random pool of "Events or Quest", each game spawn like 3 to 5 if your lucky, from a pool of 30 planned events.

For now this looks ... like impossible, and devs are stoping right now to help us with it.

Even I offer goldhawk a video clip for the ending of this game, but the engine dont manage videos... :/

He probably won't do that.Reason why he won't,is that it would require for him to maintain two different versions of the same mod.XNT:Into darkness is harder than vanilla so, all weapon that are made for this mod would be significantly overpowered in vanilla and it would require additional balance specifically for vanilla (I doubt anyone has that much time and will to do that).

He probably won't do that.Reason why he won't,is that it would require for him to maintain two different versions of the same mod.XNT:Into darkness is harder than vanilla so, all weapon that are made for this mod would be significantly overpowered in vanilla and it would require additional balance specifically for vanilla (I doubt anyone has that much time and will to do that).

Sentelin is completly right, is too much work mantain and balance a mod at this point. Make new content for vanilla is make the game not vanilla, even introduce material to the game requiere a lot of statistical balance.

In other hand, as Sentelin and Selgald, Aliens and encounters are hard in XNT, aliens has the same resourses as you and they behave very smart and reactive.

@Selgald, I actually review the last UFO content version, I will modify a few the Scouts. Thanks for reporting.

@KevinHanns, I know that you love vanilla, but the content here is exclusive for XNT. Why you didnt make a playtest?