(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.7 - "BlackDragon version" (New Aliens and weapons)

UFO CONTENT UPDATED NO.24

UFO Content for alien encounters has been updated.

Scout and Light Scout has been balanced.

Corvettes or more greater UFOs are very difficult depending on your weapon and armor technology, be sure to have established solid Operative team before combat this UFOs.

In the next update I'll try to update a interesting alien weapon to bring diversity to alien encounters.

I wish that this game have more diversity in objectives.

Thanks for watching and keep playing.

DOWNLOAD UFO ENCOUNTERS UPDATE PATCH

*The main download has been updated already.

ANY COMMENT WILL BE WELCOME!

I have one suggestion.Since this mod is growing very fast and every day more people decide to give a try,wouldn't be nicer if they can see where and which weapon or new alien or videos are in this tread ?For example last two weapons are on the page 14,If i were you,I would added in () besides "10x New weapons added to the game",each page where they can be find,also i would do the same for any new alien or videos .... Reason why i am saying this is that this tread will very soon be huge mess,with too much pages and newcomers that would like to give a shot could be turned down by this.

Edited by Sentelin

I am concern about morale system right now.It seems that in vanilla any soldier below 35 bravery will randomly panic in almost every GC encounter.And while this is"fine" (i don't like it) in vanilla i am not really happy about it in this mod.Because if one squad member start to panic out of blue (which happened today,while i was doing light scout mission and almost lost two squad members because of that) it can potentially lead towards disaster and heavy casualties even if it is just one turn.I think unless Chris and his team decide to change formula a bit,morale system need some redoing for this mod.

I am concern about morale system right now.It seems that in vanilla any soldier below 35 bravery will randomly panic in almost every GC encounter.And while this is"fine" (i don't like it) in vanilla i am not really happy about it in this mod.Because if one squad member start to panic out of blue (which happened today,while i was doing light scout mission and almost lost two squad members because of that) it can potentially lead towards disaster and heavy casualties even if it is just one turn.I think unless Chris and his team decide to change formula a bit,morale system need some redoing for this mod.

I had test multiples scenarios and morale dynamic modifications and reach a conclusion. The morale system is broken, much of the time don't respond the way that they need to behave in statistical terms.

Right now the morale system ins XNT is the same of vanilla exp game. I reduce some of the penalties because I feel it a complete mess.

Yes I'll work more on the morale system and we'll see.

Well here is how everything happened:

Soldier is faced at direction of upcoming explosion which is cause by C4 which is thrown by other squad member.Both of them are at least 4 tiles away from blast.So explosion happened and idiot which is mention above panicked ... Viper attacked member who throw C4 and didn't faced with reaction fire which should happened .... not to mention that idiot run at least 8 tiles at bump into Sebilian ... how he managed to survive is beyond me.

Morale system is messed up,Chris claims that everything is intentional but he didn't convince me.And in this mod every soldier start with low bravery so if it's true that each soldier below 35 morale have a chance to panic than that means every soldier in starting squad is potential disaster for the team.I think the only thing you can do right now is increase bravery of starting squad.

Well here is how everything happened:

Soldier is faced at direction of upcoming explosion which is cause by C4 which is thrown by other squad member.Both of them are at least 4 tiles away from blast.So explosion happened and idiot which is mention above panicked ... Viper attacked member who throw C4 and didn't faced with reaction fire which should happened .... not to mention that idiot run at least 8 tiles at bump into Sebilian ... how he managed to survive is beyond me.

Morale system is messed up,Chris claims that everything is intentional but he didn't convince me.And in this mod every soldier start with low bravery so if it's true that each soldier below 35 morale have a chance to panic than that means every soldier in starting squad is potential disaster for the team.I think the only thing you can do right now is increase bravery of starting squad.

The Morale stat of the soldiers in XNT Into darkness have two basic changes:

- Soldiers start with low morale

- Soldiers progression of morale is doble than vanilla.

With this changes in early game soldiers have less morale than vanilla but in mid game and even more in late game soldiers have 20% to 30% more morale than vanilla. Enough to deal with psionics and hardcore scenarios.

I promise to review the morale system, but I can't change in which direction the soldier run. I dont know why "Flee" from combat here is run directly to the enemies.

Did the balance patch changed something with jackal armour/alien weapons? Iam in the first City defence battle, it feels like all the alien weapons just ignore the armour.

Also some of the big flying sources appeared and aliens with this plasma explosion gun, Iam just entered in the laser era, I just cant win this battle and I really tried.

So Xeno was not released today, as expected, so I will come back to play it and test the new build and XNT Into Darkness lasted versions from a new game! I will just wait to TD release a revised version for new Xeno build.

By the way... Chris said that a new build may come out sunday. Revising Into Darkness now may become useless very soon. So may be best wait until sunday anyway?

Could somebody please share his save file with me?

Im trying out some file changes which might be interesting and would like to test them in-game but my saves got bugged after the recent patch update (damn you steam auto uploader).

I need a game where you have a jackal and coyote armour produced.

Edit:

Whooops, that image wasn't supposed to go there yet. My bad. Buth yeah...that's basically what I wanted to test before asking Tactical how his armour recolor process is going :D

xeno navy blue.jpg

xeno navy blue.jpg

577e7ce99e66e_xenonavyblue.jpg.b9c10fc99

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Did the balance patch changed something with jackal armour/alien weapons? Iam in the first City defence battle, it feels like all the alien weapons just ignore the armour.

Also some of the big flying sources appeared and aliens with this plasma explosion gun, Iam just entered in the laser era, I just cant win this battle and I really tried.

Normal Difficulty? Jackal Armor is designed to deal Tier 1+ and Tier2-. If you enter to Tier 2- when corvettes are common you need to do this. Take a Light Drone and Research Thunderbolt, take a harridan alive to research to Coyote.

If you Unlock Korhang, Coyote, Lasers and Thunderbolt you can deal even with Tier 2+.

When you reach Parango and Dread your near ready to take plasmas and this weapons give you a great advantage in the combat field.

Could somebody please share his save file with me?

Im trying out some file changes which might be interesting and would like to test them in-game but my saves got bugged after the recent patch update (damn you steam auto uploader).

I need a game where you have a jackal and coyote armour produced.

Edit:

Whooops, that image wasn't supposed to go there yet. My bad. Buth yeah...that's basically what I wanted to test before asking Tactical how his armour recolor process is going :D

I can provide you a saved game gladly, for early and mid game.

Let me prepare a balanced game and upload it.

Edit: Korhang and Kirill is working on Coyote colors. We are waiting to see what happend with the release to prepared a mod file for final release.

So Xeno was not released today, as expected, so I will come back to play it and test the new build and XNT Into Darkness lasted versions from a new game! I will just wait to TD release a revised version for new Xeno build.

By the way... Chris said that a new build may come out sunday. Revising Into Darkness now may become useless very soon. So may be best wait until sunday anyway?

Great! Is good to know I wait to know your contributions.

@Selgald, It could be great have a tutorial tactic guide for XNT Into Darkness? It could be help full?

Thanks! I already tested my changes yesterday by making jackal and coyote available (almost) from game start.

I had the idea of recolouring the sprites myself cos im recently learning to work with graphical programs. I've made a batch action that recolors a specific color to another specific color...So I basically just input the colors and the folder to work on and I get the results back in 20 minutes of processing. With no work from mysel :cool:

But it turned out recoloring is the easiest part. Coding it in (so that it distinguishes between the old jackal and the new coyote) is the annoying part. I can change the color of both of them. But not for each seperate one.

Wonder how Korhang and Kirill are doing :P I can always share my files if it helps you guys. Though they are are damn big: 280 mb for the whole pack or about 160mb for a bit reduced quality one. 160mb is the vanilla standard so those files are damn huge to start with :P

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

@Selgald, It could be great have a tutorial tactic guide for XNT Into Darkness? It could be help full?

Yes could be helpful.

I think to start with is a paper (like this excel tables), with weapons stats and dmg against aliens.

Or some modified entries for the xenopedia when you researched an alien.

Also I will start my Videos as soon the game has is release Soonâ„¢ and your mod release for the "finished" game (But it will only help the German players I think).

Yes could be helpful.

I think to start with is a paper (like this excel tables), with weapons stats and dmg against aliens.

Or some modified entries for the xenopedia when you researched an alien.

Also I will start my Videos as soon the game has is release Soonâ„¢ and your mod release for the "finished" game (But it will only help the German players I think).

Nice Idea I'll mod all xenopedia entries that I think could be helpful for players and a little tips about Tech Tree inside.

So I basically just input the colors and the folder to work on and I get the results back in 20 minutes of processing. With no work from mysel :cool:

But it turned out recoloring is the easiest part. Coding it in (so that it distinguishes between the old jackal and the new coyote) is the annoying part. I can change the color of both of them. But not for each seperate one.

Wonder how Korhang and Kirill are doing :P I can always share my files if it helps you guys. Though they are are damn big: 280 mb for the whole pack or about 160mb for a bit reduced quality one. 160mb is the vanilla standard so those files are damn huge to start with :P

They use the same Batch process with Firework but Im no convinced enough with the result, I have some issues with graphical mod of armors, because increase too much the mod size file and coding is really hard.

Make Coyote or new weapons available in items.xml is completely good way to test equipment, any player here could be free to use it.

What about the new armor and weapons? Any comment about mechanics?

As Selgald appoint the game is made to be HARD. Maybe its too hard?

Im right now checking Xeonats Candidate 1 to make compatible the mod.

I got a car accident yesterday and Im almost recovering.

You could make an "easy" version, to test a play trough I increase the sell values of items about 20% its a less stressful game then :)

And it would just be a little patch that people can use.

Also if you want I can translate the XNT Stuff into German, combined with the German fan translation (dont worry I understand everything, iam just not used to write in english xD )

You could make an "easy" version, to test a play trough I increase the sell values of items about 20% its a less stressful game then :)

And it would just be a little patch that people can use.

Also if you want I can translate the XNT Stuff into German, combined with the German fan translation (dont worry I understand everything, iam just not used to write in english xD )

Yes I think about that, Im testing put "Easy" difficulty of the mod much much lighter.

German translation could be great, I dont know if there is already a translation in the forum.

Lets see first to prepare the mod for the Candidate version 1 and we'll see.

I have already prepared a Alien New weapon and other stuff.

I will finish it ^^

If have lots of time, no job, no friends, no wife = time for nerd stuff (sadly) ^^

Also I have a suggestion for the civilian AI script:

1. Let them run near the Xenonauts once they see them ( I would also run to the soldiers with guns, hiding in a corner while a alien with a gun is shooting at you = bad idea)

2. Once they are near a Xenonaut, they should run to the Helicopter (imagine a heroic movie moment when the soldier says "do you wanna live? Run to the chopper!"

If its possible it would be nice, and would be a more realistic "feeling" (civilians running in panic in your line of fire)

I will finish it ^^

If have lots of time, no job, no friends, no wife = time for nerd stuff (sadly) ^^

Also I have a suggestion for the civilian AI script:

1. Let them run near the Xenonauts once they see them ( I would also run to the soldiers with guns, hiding in a corner while a alien with a gun is shooting at you = bad idea)

2. Once they are near a Xenonaut, they should run to the Helicopter (imagine a heroic movie moment when the soldier says "do you wanna live? Run to the chopper!"

If its possible it would be nice, and would be a more realistic "feeling" (civilians running in panic in your line of fire)

Hahahaha that would be great, let me run some tests xD!

NOTIFICATION NO.24

Hello community of XNT Into Darkness,

I have ready and tested this content for the game, well balanced and amaizing, but I need to ask you something:

- 3x New Alien Weapons

- 3x New AI scripts Melee combatant, Commanders and Elite Soldiers.

- New Balance fixes

- Compatibility with Xenonauts Candidate 1

Did you want to wait until release to test the vanilla game? or we update this on a new patch?

XNT V3.9 Is almost ready!

What did you say?