Anyone else stop playing and waiting for the final release?

mrxny

Surely keep playing. I play the stable build because I don't have the time required to endure the unstable version. I try to also be a part of the forum to input bugs and ideas as my time allows. This I believe is what is deserved by the great work of art the original XCOM was, and of course by GH for finally being the LONG awaited reviver of it.

I'm not going to play the final mission until the game is out. I've played up to Marauders and plasma weapons so many times now I could probably do it in my sleep. One of my fears is that the late game won't get enough testing because there is always a new release before I get that far and I start over again. Hopefully, someone is getting further and commenting.

A friend of mine is waiting for the final release. He's a big fan of XCom and wants Xenonauts to be at its best when it's finally ready.

Personally I play the experimental and have a lots of fun with it. I dream of more maps, more weapons and armors and more aliens variety of course. The aliens are all humanoid in shape, we need more floating brains ;)

I'm not going to play the final mission until the game is out. I've played up to Marauders and plasma weapons so many times now I could probably do it in my sleep. One of my fears is that the late game won't get enough testing because there is always a new release before I get that far and I start over again. Hopefully, someone is getting further and commenting.

It's come up before, but it would be nice if people getting to the latter stages could attach their save games. That would allow testing of particular late areas of the game. Sure, there's a chance that players may spoil it for themselves but it's offset against the increased scrutiny of the last third.

i gave up on trying to finish this since i usually have about 2-4 hours a week to play these days (if not every two weeks) and usaully by the time i make any significant progress in the game, a new update comes along and makes my older saves useless.

So yeah, might as well as go the long haul and wait for it to be complete when I can play non-iron man :)

Once I'm done with the final mission I probably will create a save people can use to test it, to be honest. I can understand why people might not want to spoil it for themselves but hopefully a few people will give it a play!

Even a few save game options from a particular build across later months. For those that don't want the final mission spoiled, here's something based in the last quarter of the game to test out later parts of the tech tree. That sort of thing might be useful too.