terror sites can be cleared by capturing the ufo that makes the terror

not sure if this is a bug so thats why i posted it here

but i noticed that terror sites are clear-able by assaulting the ufo that is causing the terror.

by doing this you will get an easier map (smaller) fewer civilians been shot (better score in the end) and more money cause you capture a ufo so you get good amounts of alloys etc.

i think its strange that its possible but not sure if it works as intended

well prob is its not "beforehand" cause i get the msg from the terror site, then i fly there and a few hours later (it cost time to travel) i "arive" but a few seconds before i arrive at the terror site it get the msg that a grounded ufo is discovered, so then i send my charlie there clear it and the terror side is gone as well

or is it intended that you get the msg "a terror site" which means a ufo ground force has landed, you go there clear the ufo which means you cleared the ground forces?

I just made the base score difference noticeable. So you can do the terror mission for a relations boost, or the UFO for the loot.

Might increase the score increase for terror missions a bit more, for a more noticeable effect.

Is the fact that as soon as I divert my Charlie the mission fails a bug, or are the world leaders literally watching my every move? Not that I'm surprised, given that if there is even a single alien base anywhere in the world and I'm not leading forces to take it out, the UN starts docking my bonus.

The cash drain is a bug (its not connected to game speed).

The instant fail is due to that while a dropship is en-route, the mission won't time out. It doesn't pause though so if its timed out but staying due to the 'en-route' bonus it'll fail as soon as the dropship is re-routed.