18.5 first impressions

Just finished first mission and feels like 18.3 again with stability thus far knock on wood. Although the 'auto completion' of bringing up breifing screen after killing last alien (you dont have to click end turn) was hairy for a minute... it looked like it went right to geoscape... the top title bar of the game (Playing in window mode) showed 'not responding' then it un hiccuped and brought up the mission debrief.

Unlimited flares on night missions now is nice if you use em.

Is the cover indicator intentionally not showing up? Cause I havent seen it in this build or 18.4 but the shot line is picking up cover okay.

Aliens did run out at me from out of the ship but they would some times do that before... one in the field i felt probably should have been able to shoot at my people and he just kinda stood there and didnt turn towards me. But first cesarian light scout so i'll continue to try to take notes on the ai.

Can we ever have the ability to lay out our first base.. or at least suggest the storage and radar get built in bottom left and right corners as those 2 single space buildings being moved could allow for 2 additional 2 space horizontals (lab/workshop/living.) I usually start the game building a new store room in bottom right and deconstructing the one i start with once its built. then i free up a horizontal row. Or allow us to rotate buildings and play tetris? (But I imagine that would let you optimize base space too much...)

second light scout: Cesarian only 2 aliens spawned in ship ran out once i scouted the ufo and promptly got mowed down. No hangup on briefing screen tho thats good.

EDIT: In 3rd ufo, a Sebbie Light Scout, CONFIRMING SEBBIE RAN TOWARDS MY GUYS AND SHOT HURRAY \o/.

Am I noticing new maps? much more map variation havent played the smae one in 3 missions that was rare for me in 18.3. Really playing well so far, seemed like it was gonna crap out and not respond but i think that was my computer not the game lol cause it picked right back up and I swear load times are as fast if not faster for ground combat.

Sebillians felt really weak tho, just train rolled em dying to 2-3 rifle rounds, also maybe they should have some resistance to suppression, i would think a big reptian beast bread for combat isnt going to flinch as easily as the frail cessarians.

Edited by Orangehat44

scout ufo missions have a few aliens against superior numbers and firepower, I think acting like in 18.3 is actually better for them than trying to be agressive towards certain death. Its in corvettes and terror missions onwards were you can really get an idea of how the new AI really plays I tbelieve.

Well, not very stable for me. Started new game, 3 crashes while trying to rearm soldiers for first mission. Missions itself loads and run well, aliens are moving much more now it seems, looks promising. Then crash after score screens just before returning to geoscape. Reloaded, crashed again. Started another game, different mission, CTD at victory screen again.

I was using or messing with combat shields (yay btw) while most CTDs occured, it may be something with that. Did you guys used them and finished some missions fine?

after first month i got 900000$ after upkeep from nations hot damn is funding kicked up.

This makes me so happy, you people have no idea.

Well, actually, you all have a very good idea. Lots of funding is very important indeed. :)

(As long as it is dependent on good performance, I'm okay with having an excess of money. It'll make my less-than-stellar missions less horribly crippling.)

well its still pretty easy to just roflstomp the aliens ive only taken wounds on reaction fires so far even on a terror mission with androns we rolled. androns and sebbies feel way too weak. 3-4 bullets for a sebbie 4-5 for andron less for lmg's makes it easy to roll thru most long as you got 3+ guns together. Im only just over one month in one terror few scouts ai is definatly better and moves more still some hangups like the continued desire to shoot through things/friends and they still slaughter themselves in the ship some times.

but the updates to this thread have been thru one playthrough since i got home from work (gone afk and program in windowed mode) and i come and go but havent closed it yet and not a hang up thus far. havent tried sheilds since i dont know how to use em and as i said not having much trouble mowing them down with ballistics. So again repeating myself but with less fear of being too soon to tell... it feels alot more stable

Edited by Orangehat44