[V18.2 - Ground Combat] Aliens shooting on their own UFO

@gizmo hehe

It actually -could- be an interesting mechanic for certain ship types with a lot of resources. e.g. a group of aliens outside tries to stall your team from reaching the ship while a small group inside starts trashing it. the faster you get there, the more toys are left.

I'd agree with that. If you don;t get across the map fast enough (ideally, if you didn't get to the site fast enough too) the aliens would deny resources to the Xenonauts. Not all the time, but probably for the badly damaged ones where they know there's no escape for them.

Linked into them detonating the power core :)

Too harsh?

That's a possibility, though I wouldn't want that happening on the first wave of scouts.

It'd fit on an alien intelligence gathering mission when it's far enough in the campaign they are treating you as a genuine threat. Or perhaps if you manage to shoot down a supply ship that was for an alien base etc. I'm not sure it'd make sense for random vessels, especially in the beginning where they'd probably assume humanity is too far behind to catch up.

What would be really cruel is if they execute all their officers so you can't stun any of them. ;)

It would be nice to have something in common with the aliens. My friendly fire accounts for a few officer deaths every play through. We all have a mutual friend in the Commissar too. It would be nice if we could just leave all this war stuff to one side and have a chat (telepathic or otherwise)

I think Gizmo Gomez has it right in that they are desperate to shoot through their own walls that they are catching their own people.

But it would be very nice to have more variety in how missions are accomplished/./ secondary objectives etc.

This happened to me multiple times.

Most of the times the aliens hit the ufo walls.

Once one of them hit a reactor on the first or second turn of the ground combat. In my opinion is not very funny. I mean, it may happen every once in a while.

It should be due to low alien morale, not to the the fact that the aliens are not aware of their own ship...

On the Alien Homeplanet...

Emperor Unpronounceable: This breeding programme is rubbish

Seedy Minion: Look, it was a great idea. Endless warrior hordes to conquer the galaxy with.

Emperor Unpronounceable: Conquer the galaxy? They can't conquer tying their shoes.

Seedy Minion: Actually we're thinking of matching Caesian booties for them...

Emperor Unpronounceable: Destroy these drooling clones, Minion!

Seedy Minion: Look, instead of killing them all, which would be heartless, why don't we just send them somewhere else.

Emperor Unpronounceable: Go on...

Seedy Minion: I have just the planet where their low IQs will fit right in...

That's my pitch for the Xenonauts opening sequence. No?