[v17.91 - ground - desura] Haystack in Chinook's cabin

Confirmed, and the soldiers that are stuck in the hay cannot move :(

Infact I think I see the issue, the chinook is at ground level (no floor)! At least if you load the autosave up again it is!

Edited by PRiME

Confirmed, and the soldiers that are stuck in the hay cannot move :(

Infact I think I see the issue, the chinook is at ground level (no floor)! At least if you load the autosave up again it is!

Yeah, I saw that one just a bit ago. Saved & reloaded a game, and the Chinook had sunk into the ground. Must be quicksand.

Also, had the hay in the cargo bay.

I only got xenonauts the day before yesterday and don't yet know how to find map title from in game, but this bug also affects other maps. I had the same thing on the farm map and on what I guess is one of the industrial maps where 2 wooden pallet stacks were inside chinook, occupying the same space as my men who therefore couldn't move. I tried to destroy them by shooting and grenades but killed my own troops before they were destroyed. When I took a scout car vehicle this could move, crushing pallets/haystacks in the process.

I worked out which file the farm map uses (for me its small_roadjunction) to try the map edit fix suggested by max_caine, and moved the hay stacks. Could the floor of the chinook be made impermeable to such objects, if need be crushing them as it lands?

platypus

My two soldiers can't shoot their way out because their the hay bails are pushing up against their left shoulders pinning them into the inner wall of the craft and their guns barrels are pointing through the gap between the hay bails and the air ships wall.

Edited by windex